He’s cold yet warm

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jisoo was smiling by herself when Seulgi and Jennie came inside the VIP lounge.

 

“Princess..” 

 

Seulgi found it odd that Taehyung went out of that room only after a minute. 

 

If the Princess had confessed her feelings to him then it would have taken at least quite a few minutes before he went. And he looked not really affected..

 

Did he perhaps reject the Princess? But why is she smiling like this?

 

“Princess.. may we ask how it went?” asked Jennie quietly approaching her. “Did he-..?”

 

Jisoo burst out laughing.

 

The two bodyguards looked at each other. What happened for her to go crazy in a minute?

 

“I can’t believe him..” said Jisoo still smiling. “I think he’s fallen for me too..”

 

“Did he say he likes you too?” asked Seulgi smiling.

 

“No.. he said he isn’t interested..”

 

“Then why are you-..?” Jennie was confused.

 

The princess must have really gone crazy after being rejected!

 

“He’s playing hard to get..” said Jisoo lifting her eyebrows. “He must be feeling shy because I, the Princess, suddenly confessed.. and now he wants to take his time to process in his mind everything that happened..”

 

Seulgi scratched her head not understanding the princess’ logic.

 

Jennie looked at her and shook her head.

 

“She can’t believe she was rejected..” she mouthed to Seulgi.

 

“I can hear you..” said Jisoo. “I said I wasn’t rejected but.. he’s just playing hard to get.. I read about this on the internet.. he must feel burdened right now that I said I like him.. but that’s fine.. I’ll give time if he wants..”

 

“Then.. what are you planning to do now, Princess?” asked Jennie. “Would it be better to try to get closer to him so he can think about it as soon as possible?”

 

Jisoo looked at her and grinned.

 

“I don’t need to do such thing unnie.. I’m sure he’ll crawl back to me after a few days..” she replied confidently.

 

“Isn’t she thinking too much?” Seulgi whispered to herself.

 

“But I’ve heard he has been following another girl these days..” said Jennie. “What if he likes another-..?”

 

“Irene! That’s right.. isn’t she the best tennis player in this college?” said Seulgi aloud clapping her hands. “They said Taehyung signed up to be part of the tennis club.. and he was seen looking at her all the time during lunch.. does it mean-..?”

 

“Tennis Club?” asked Jisoo raising her eyebrows as she gulped. “That’s good.. I was going to sign for tennis anyway..”

 

Jisoo walked past them but stopped by the door.

 

“You said Irene was her name, wasn’t it?” asked Jisoo before going outside.

 

Seulgi and Jennie did a high five as soon as she went out. They succeeded in making the princess choose her sport to pass the year.

 

Although they did hear those rumors about Taehyung and Irene, their main goal was to make her do tennis which seemed the least tiring out of all the sports.

 

“But is the Princess okay? I can’t believe she thinks that she wasn’t rejected just now..”

 

“We’ll see about that.. what we need to focus on now is about her learning tennis in anyway possible to pass this year.. the last year of college is very important for her because she might get married soon after graduating..” Jennie sighed.

 

“But what if she still likes that man?”

 

“You mean Taehyung?” asked Jennie. “That won’t happen.. I’m sure the Princess will soon get tired of her puppy love..”

 

“But has it ever happened before that the royal family gets married to a commoner?”

 

Jennie tilted her head as she thinned her eyes.

 

“As far as I know, the present King was not supposed to marry with the present Queen but instead with a commoner..” Jennie whispered to Seulgi. “But the woman got pregnant with another man so they broke up.. so I guess it could happen..”

 

 

 

———————-

 

That night..

 

 

Jisoo was busy searching things on the internet when the King suddenly entered her room.

 

She turned her laptop off and hid it behind her.

 

“Are you busy?” asked the King as he sat beside her on bed. “I wanted to see you.. that’s why I came..”

 

Jisoo hugged him tight. She knows how stressful the day might have been for him.

 

“How was your day, dad?” asked Jisoo looking up at him. “Are you tired?”

 

The King patted her head.

 

“I was until I saw my princess..” he replied while smiling warmly. “Did you have fun at college today?”

 

Jisoo was reminded by her confession to Taehyung. 

 

“Well.. yes..”

 

“Did something happen? You used to answer me right away until a week ago.. but now you had to think before answering..” the King smiled again.

 

“I have decided to play tennis.. and you know I’m not that good at any sport so I was a little hesitant..” said Jisoo. “But you know once I get inspired, I’ll keep on doing it until I become the best..”

 

“This is your last year so I hope you can get through this..” he said as he tucked her hair behind her ear. “I might not be the best tennis player but we can start playing together if you want..”

 

Jisoo laughed. She knows her dad doesn’t even have the time for himself. When will he have the time to play with her? He’s only saying this because he wants her to be encouraged.

 

“I almost forgot to tell you that Jinyoung is coming back next month..” said the King. 

 

“Jinyoung?” Jisoo looked confused.

 

She doesn’t remember anyone with that name.

 

“The son of your mother’s second cousin..” 

 

 

“Ahhhh..” Jisoo exclaimed. “That fat kid who used to follow me around?”

 

“Princess.. you must not judge anyone’s appearance..” said the King.

 

Ooops.. that came out from naturally. She forgot she was in front of the King.

 

“I just told the truth though..” she whispered to herself. 

 

“When he comes back, we will throw him a party here in the palace..” said the King. “Now I’ll go and leave you so you can study comfortably.. make sure you get enough sleep.. I don’t want to see your dark circles..”

 

The King went out of her room and headed straight to see the Queen.

 

“What did she say?” asked the Queen looking excited. “Did she refuse?”

 

“She didn’t say anything against so I guess she’s fine with it..” the King replied.

 

“That’s a relief..” the Queen smiled. “I was afraid she’d not like the idea of meeting him.. they need to get friendly with each other so we can finally decide about the date..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

“So where is this Irene they were talking about?” Jisoo was thinking to herself while looking around the camp.

 

It was the first day she went to learn how to play tennis. If only she hadn’t been curious about this girl, she wouldn’t have chosen this sport.. no, she wouldn’t have chosen anything.. she doesn’t like moving around at all..

 

“Princess.. I feel honored that you chose the Tennis Club..” a man’s voice could be heard.

 

Jisoo turned around and saw it was that man who had asked her for an autograph a few days ago.

 

He was smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter