The door to her heart

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Of all the moments.. why did he have to receive a call that crucial moment?

 

And of all the people.. why did it have to be his ex?

 

He clearly knows that Jisoo is jealous of her. Why did it have to be her name that appeared on the screen of his phone?

 

He was a little annoyed at first but after hearing Irene’s voice over the phone he became worried.

 

Irene’s mother was brought to the hospital because of her weak state.

 

He doesn’t know what kind of illness she has but Irene has always told him about her mother being sick.

 

“I’m sorry for calling you..” said Irene as she cried. “I didn’t know who else to call..”

 

She really doesn’t have anyone else to call. She doesn’t have any friends. She’s very introvert. She rarely talks to anyone.

 

She grew up with her sick mom and her drunken father who used to beat her and her mother.

 

Her family wasn’t rich and she supported her family by having part time jobs. She could barely attend college but thanks to her skills in tennis, she got a scholarship.

 

She was the one who told her mom to live separately from her abusive father that year. 

 

It was before she dated Taehyung that they decided to finally move out of the hell they were living in.

 

But her hardships didn’t stop there, her mom became more sick than ever during her last summer vacation.

 

She had to work double time, she couldn’t even have time to pratice anymore, she lost her last chance to advance to the national team and she broke up with Taehyung.

 

It was the toughest period for her.

 

“You did well in calling me Irene..” said Taehyung feeling sorry for her.

 

“Were you just at home?” asked Irene. “I wonder if I woke you up..”

 

He remained silent. He thought it was better than lying to her.

 

“How about calling your father?” asked Taehyung. 

 

Irene’s dad has stopped supporting them financially ever since they moved out.

 

“Never.. I will never ask anything from that man again.. he isn’t my dad.. I’m not her daughter..” she said firmly.

 

Taehyung felt even worse for her. She must be really mad at her dad to have said such thing.

 

“I need to meet with the King..” said Irene.

 

That was out of the blue. Well.. everyone wants to meet him and talk to him.

 

All citizens can send a message to the King by writing a letter and sending it by post.

 

Although Taehyung doubts the King is able to read all of them.

 

“I need to see him as soon as possible..” said Irene. “And my mom as well.. I know she wants to see him..”

 

Taehyung thinks Irene wants to ask the King to help her financially. 

 

“I can lend you some money that I earned last month..” said Taehyung hesitant and not wanting to offend her.

 

“No.. I have to see him Taehyung..” she said. “I’ll write a letter to him and maybe he’ll talk with me..”

 

Taehyung has never seen Irene that anxious before.

 

“But the letter might arrive in the Palace late.. I mean it might take some time..” he said worried.

 

“That’s right.. then what should I do? Shall I go there and ask someone if they could let me talk to him?”

 

She sounded desperate. Why is she being like this?

 

Taehyung was confused by her behavior. She wasn’t the type to even bother about the Royal family before.

 

What has happened to her?

 

“Irene.. if you want.. I can help you bring the letter to the Palace..” he said. “The truth is.. I’m staying there for two weeks.. I’m working there-..”

 

“W-what? Are you staying there so you could see her?” asked Irene.

 

There was irritation and anger in her voice that Taehyung couldn’t comprehend the reason why.

 

“Then I can’t trust you to give the letter to the King.. what if that girl takes it and opens it herself?” said Irene stern. 

 

Did she just refer to the Princess as “that girl”?

Good thing there was no one else beside them that could hear her.

 

She must be really just angry to speak like that.

 

But is that the sole reason? 

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo has been sighing all day. She was supposed to be reading a book but she couldn’t focus at all.

 

“Isn’t he back yet?” asked Jisoo, her eyebrows straightened.

 

“Not yet Princess..” Jennie responded.

 

“How dare he ask for a day off on his second day of work?” Jisoo said aloud. 

 

“Isn’t she the one who gave him a leave today?” asked Seulgi whispering to Jennie.

 

“How could he sleep out last night?” Jisoo was boiling in jealousy.

 

“Isn’t she the one who told him to go last night?” Seulgi whispered to Jennie again. “She even told her personal driver to drive him..”

 

Jisoo stood up and glared at her two bodyguards.

 

That’s right.. why is she acting like this when she knows she was the one who sent him to Irene?

 

“As I already reported to you Princess.. Taehyung went to see Irene at the hospital last night..” said Jennie.

 

“What if he went there because she’s pregnant with his child?” Seulgi exclaimed.

 

Jisoo glared at them again.

Seulgi must want her lips to be sealed.

 

“The Princess’ driver told me it was because of Irene’s mother..” said Jennie wanting to cease the fire in the Princess’ heart.

 

Jisoo calmed down a little.

It must have been urgent if Irene called him in the middle of the night.

 

“Could you ask someone to see her mother’s condition?” asked Jisoo to Jennie before sitting back again. “And also check if she needs money.. send it to the hospital anonymously..”

 

Then a knock was heard from the inside.

 

It was the King.

 

“Why did you come here dad? I mean.. King?” Jisoo smiled seeing him come to the library.

 

He rarely goes out of his study room because he has a lot of files and documents he has to review.

 

“I wanted to see you my Princess..” he replied as he kissed her on her forehead. “Are you enjoying reading these books?”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

Although she has read almost everything in that room, she still enjoys reading them again over and over.

 

“Do you have time tonight my Princess?” asked the King. “I would like you to help me read the letters from our people..”

 

“You really are a great King.. you don’t even have to read all of them but you are always trying hard..” said Jisoo smiling wide. “I will come to your study room tonight.. shall we also ask the Queen?”

 

“I will tell her..” said the King.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

It was already late in the afternoon and Taehyung hasn’t come back yet.

 

Jisoo went to visit Sweetie, the abandoned dog she adopted a year ago.

 

She can’t visit him always because first, she’s always busy doing all her chores in the Palace and second because she has an allergy to all furry animals.

 

“Princess.. please don’t play with him for a long time..” said Seulgi running after her. “You didn’t take your medicine Princess!”

 

Jisoo turned to her.

 

“Unnie.. did you just yell at me?” she asked as her eyes thinned.

 

Seulgi stopped at her stance and bowed her head.

 

“She’s become a brat again.. what should we do?” asked Seulgi to Jennie. “She must be really mad at him now.. why did he make her this jealous?”

 

Jennie nudged her with her elbow.

 

“Can’t you stop whispering things she can hear?” Jennie told her.

 

Jisoo carried Sweetie in her arms and caressed his fur.

 

“Princess.. you said you’d only see him.. you should have taken your medicine if you were going to play with him.. what if you-..?”

 

And Jisoo started sneezing right away.

 

Seulgi took Sweetie from her and put him back to his house.

 

“Princess.. please return to your chamber.. we’ll ask someone to make something for you right away..” said Jennie begging her to obey.

 

Jisoo sneezes all day and sometimes even gets a bad cold once her allergy starts.

 

She was taken back to her room immediately and was attended by the Royal doctor.

 

“Please don’t be stubborn again Princess..” said Jennie pouting. “We are just concerned of your health..”

 

Jisoo understands her worries. She did act childish and stubborn. And she feels sorry for them. Her bodyguards might get scolded by the King for what she did.

 

“I’m sorry unnies..” she said. “I won’t do it again..”

 

Jennie and Seulgi left her so she could take a good rest.

 

Jisoo sighed after seeing them going o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter