Living in regrets

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why didn’t you consult me first, dad?” asked Jisoo emotional. “You have always asked my opinion first about everything but in a matter involving myself and my future.. you didn’t say anything to me at all and published an announcement immediately..”

 

Jisoo has never complained about anything to her father.

 

But this time, she can’t sit still.

 

She knows she was the one who openly talked about the wedding some weeks ago but just like every matter in the Palace, it needs to be discussed first with everyone, specially when it’s about a big celebration like that.

 

“Princess.. why do you look so upset?” asked the Queen. “Isn’t this what you also wanted?”

 

Jisoo’s tears were about to fall. 

 

She doesn’t want to disrespect Jinyoung because he has been of a great help to her ever since he came back.

 

She wants to wait for him before telling the King and the Queen the whole truth.

 

“The Princess must have been startled after hearing the news..” said the King approaching Jisoo. 

 

Then he stopped after hearing his daughter’s words..

 

“Jinyoung and I aren’t dating.. we lied to you..”

 

Jisoo was trying to hold back her tears.

 

“Say that again..” the King’s voice was authorative. 

 

“It was a lie..” said Jisoo. “Jinyoung and I decided to fake a relationship for some months and break up later.. we planned it.. we did this so you would stop matching us anymore..”

 

The King looked furious for being lied at by his daughter.

 

“You dared lie to your parents? Why would the Princess do something like this?” he sounded more imperative than ever.

 

“Because I’m in love with someone else dad..” said Jisoo as tears flowed down on her face. 

 

The Queen held the King’s hand and pulled him towards her.

 

“Princess.. please go to your room right now..” said the Queen.

 

Jisoo was crying while looking down on the floor.

 

“Anyone out there? Please take the Princess to her room right now!” the Queen said in a loud voice.

 

Jennie and Seulgi immediately entered the room.

 

“Please come with us Princess..” said Jennie holding her by her arm.

 

But before they could go outside, the King spoke.

 

“Nothing will change regarding the announcement made earlier..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Princess please stop crying anymore..” said Seulgi bringing her another box of tissues.

 

Jisoo has been crying non stop since that arguement with the King.

 

“Please eat Princess.. you cannot skip your dinner..” said Jennie.

 

Jisoo didn’t want to go out of her room so she brought her dinner there.

 

“Will you lend me your phone unnie?” asked Jisoo to Jennie.

 

Her phone has been confiscated earlier. 

 

“Oh no.. what will happen if they see your messages with-..?” Seulgi was in panic already just thinking about it.

 

“I deleted everything before coming to the Palace.. I knew they’d take it from me..” said Jisoo sighing. “I even had to delete Taehyung’s pictures and our selfies.. I wanted to get them printed but it’s all gone now..”

 

Jisoo started tearing up again.

 

“I’m glad you didn’t mention his name before Princess..” said Jennie handing her the phone. “Are you going to call him?”

 

Jisoo wiped her tears and cleared before dialing his number.

 

Once.. twice.. three times.. until ten times..

 

But Taehyung didn’t pick up her call.

 

“It might be because he doesn’t like taking calls from unknown number..” said Seulgi wanting to lift up the Princess’ mood.

 

“That’s right Princess.. you can see him tomorrow as long as we keep it a secret..” said Jennie. “We must never tell anyone about Taehyung or else you might also have to skip going to college..”

 

Jisoo couldn’t keep herself from sighing. 

 

The last days he spent with Taehyung were just so good to be true.

 

Will it end like this? Will she be forced into this marriage? 

 

Will her dream of marrying her true love remain as a dream?

 

They heard a few knocks on the door.

 

“Princess.. it’s me Jinyoung..” 

 

Jisoo ran to open the door immediately.

 

Jennie and Seulgi went out and let the two of them to talk.

 

“I was on the plane when I saw the news..” said Jinyoung. “I came here directly..”

 

He could notice Jisoo’s puffy eyes and red nose from all the crying.

 

“I was going to see the King but the Queen told me about what happened..” he continued. “Are you okay, Princess?”

 

Jisoo was trying hard not to show her tears to him.

 

“I’m sorry..” said Jisoo. “I didn’t know it’d come to this.. and I’m sorry I told the King about it when you weren’t around..”

 

Jinyoung patted her shoulders.

 

“It was my fault for asking you to do this..” he said. “You shouldn’t be sorry to me..”

 

Jisoo started crying and hugged him making him flustered.

 

“I’m worried about Taehyung..” said Jisoo. “What if he gets in trouble for this? What if Taehyung leaves me because of this? Once the King discovers that I like him.. he might get mad and do something to him.. what should I do?”

 

Those were like daggers on his chest. Jisoo was in his arms but she was crying and worrying about some other guy.

 

Jinyoung pulled himself from her before he got more hurt.

 

“That won’t happen.. I will talk to the King and apologize to him Princess.. it was my idea anyway.. it was me who proposed to do this..” he replied. “And Taehyung won’t leave you just because of this.. have faith in him..”

 

Jinyoung wiped her tears.

 

“And stop crying already..” he said looking at her closely. “He might really leave you if you look like a mess.. look at those swollen eyes of yours..”

 

Jisoo smiled hearing him say that. She kinda missed his teasing.

 

“Thank you for coming here to see me..” said Jisoo. “You came here to comfort me even though you are also in the same position as I..”

 

Jinyoung just smiled at her.

 

“The woman you love must be very lucky to have someone like you..” said Jisoo looking at his eyes. “I hope you can get her heart.. no.. I’m sure you’ll be able to capture her heart in the end..”

 

Jinyoung nodded and as quick as he could, he left her room.

 

He could feel his tears run down on his face as his back leaned on the wall.

 

Jisoo is really clueless. She’s wishing him luck in love.. saying nice things to encourage him..

 

But only Jinyoung himself knows he won’t be able to receive love from the person he loves.. his love will never be reciprocated even in the end.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo skipped breakfast the next morning but still went to meet the King and Queen for the morning greetings.

 

“You should have some breakfast Princess..” said the Queen. “I heard you didn’t even have dinner last night..”

 

The King was just eating without looking at Jisoo who went away immediately.

 

The Queen turned to the King.

 

“Your Majesty.. I think we should talk with Jinyoung and the Princess.. we cannot go on like this..” said the Queen saddened. “You even sent Jinyoung away last night when he came here directly from the airport just to talk to you..”

 

But the King’s anger has been pacified yet.

 

To him, his only daughter lying and making up a story was unforgivable.

 

And since this isn’t just a light matter, he can’t let it past quickly.

 

Specially when it has already been announced throughout the whole Kingdom.

 

And not when everyone is celebrating and congratulating the Royal Family.

 

“Congratulations Princess on your engagement!”

 

There was a big banner hanging in front of their college.

 

Jisoo couldn’t feel happy about it. The first thing she thought was Taehyung seeing that banner.

 

She wants to remove that banner by herself but she can’t even do it.

 

All the students are congratulating her but she can’t even be grateful.

 

In the meantime, her eyes were looking around everywhere trying to find Taehyung.

 

How would he feel seeing that banner? How would he react once he hears everyone congratulating her?

 

Jisoo is very worried about him. She even had to leave his house in a hurry the day before.

 

What if he avoids her because of this? Will he get mad at her?

 

She can’t help herself but sigh while going to her class.

 

Then she felt a hand on her back.

 

“Taehyung?” Jisoo said aloud before turning to face him.

 

But it was Jinyoung.

 

He has been following her for a few minutes already.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” asked Jinyoung. “Do you want to eat something? The Queen called me and said you haven’t eaten anything since last night..”

 

Jisoo shook her head. She doesn’t even feel hungry. She doesn’t feel like eating anything.

 

“I will eat later Jinyoung.. you don’t need to worry about me..”

 

Then she saw Taehyung walking with Jimin on the other side of the hallway crowded with many students.

 

She ran towards him as fast as she could but he was already gone before she could even reach him.

 

“Where did he go?” Jisoo was catching her breath as she looked around. “Didn’t he see me?”

 

Then Jennie and Seulgi reached her a few seconds l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter