Reality hits different

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*flashback to the night of Jinyoung’s birthday party*

 

 

When Jisoo was brought inside the main hall by her bodyguards, Jinyoung went to talk with Taehyung.

 

“Thanks for coming..” said Jinyoung patting his shoulders.

 

Taehyung smiled onesidedly.

 

It isn’t like he really is pleased to see him and surely he didn’t come there for his birthday.

 

“I know you didn’t come for me but for Jisoo..” said Jinyoung.

 

Oh.. did Jinyoung read his mind?

 

Taehyung looked guilty and jealous. Is he adding fuel to his fire? Is he teasing him about her because he knows he’s come to like the Princess?

 

“You like her, don’t you?”

 

He must be really reading his mind. Taehyung looked at him.

 

He can’t lie about it.. Jinyoung must have noticed it already..

 

“Don’t worry.. I’ll keep my feelings to myself.. I didn’t come here to steal her away from you..” said Taehyung. “I know you two are dating.. I’ll deal with my-..”

 

“You two are really alike..” said Jinyoung. “Is this why she likes you?”

 

Taehyung looked startled.

 

“W-what?”

 

Jinyoung took a deep breath.

 

“I can’t blame Jisoo because she has lived in the Palace all her life but you-..” Jinyoung sighed as he shook his head. “You are worse than her.. you are even more dense that it’s frustrating..”

 

Taehyung hasn’t understood yet what Jinyoung was trying to imply.

 

“What are you saying?”

 

Jinyoung put a hand on Taehyung’s shoulder.

 

“The Princess.. Jisoo.. that spoiled and stubborn girl..” Jinyoung said. “We are just faking a relationship.. we aren’t dating..”

 

Taehyung’s eyebrows furrowed. What did he just hear from him? They aren’t dating? They were acting? They were pretending?

 

“She’ll be forced to marry me one day if we do nothing now so I asked her to put on a show and pretend breaking up later on..” Jinyoung continued. “Jisoo has never stopped liking you.. but she couldn’t  tell it to you because no one has to know about this secret.. we might get punished and be forced to get married right away if it happens..”

 

“Then why are you telling me this?”

 

Jinyoung sighed again.

 

Good question. Why is he really telling this to him? 

 

Why is he choosing to hurt himself?

That’s right.. he also likes Jisoo.. just like her who has never stopped liking Taehyung.. he has never stopped liking her either..

 

Even though Jisoo used to snob him a lot when they were kids, even though she made fun of him because he looked ugly and fat before.. he has always liked that arrogant princess..

 

He likes her so much that he can’t bear to become selfish.. he knows the King favors him and wants him to marry her but knowing she is in love with another man, he can’t just force her..

 

He wanted to give himself a chance to try to make her fall for him but he failed. This fake relationship was to make them closer.. 

 

Well, they did become closer.. but still, Jisoo had only eyes for one man and it isn’t him..

 

“I’m telling you this because I need to be away for a while.. I need someone I can trust.. someone who cherishes her sincerely.. someone who can protect her..”

 

Jinyoung’s way of speaking got Taehyung confused.

 

Why is he speaking as if Jisoo were being threatened or like something might happen to her?

 

“Protect her at all costs.. I bet you know how innocent and naive she is.. she is used to ordering everyone and might not easily obey but she has a big heart.. she’s very forgiving.. that spoiled princess..”

 

Jinyoung was about to go back inside but then he turned around to face him again.

 

“Do you want a part time job?” he asked making Taehyung lift his eyebrows again.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo gasped at the sight in front of her. 

She covered her face with the blanket.

 

“What if I looked ugly while sleeping?” she was whispering to herself. “Did I snore?”

 

She wiped her eyes and breathed on her hand.

 

“Does my breath smell? What should I do?” she kept whispering to herself.

 

Taehyung pulled down the blanket.

 

“Please get up now Princess..” he said smiling at her.

 

Jisoo got up and stared at him.

 

“If this isn’t a dream.. please slap me..” she said.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Why would I dare slap the Princess? I don’t want to get fired on my first day of work..” he replied.

 

“First day? Work? Who? You?” Jisoo was puzzled. “What? How? Why?”

 

Taehyung sat on her bed and carefully pushed behind the hair that was covering her face.

 

Jisoo grabbed his hand and held it tight.

 

“Why are your hands so cold even in the morning?” he asked as he blew on her hands. 

 

Jisoo’s mouth fell open. It wasn’t a dream. 

 

Taehyung was really there. Sitting on her bed in the morning while holding her hands.

 

“Will you keep staring at me Princess?” he winked at her.

 

Jisoo’s cheeks turned red. She pushed him down from her bed right away.

 

“How did you enter my room?” she asked in a loud voice.

 

Taehyung stood up after falling down on the floor.

 

“I entered through that door..” he said as he pointed to the door.

 

Jisoo stood up from her bed and wore her robe.

 

“But no man is allowed here in the Princess’ chambers.. what are you doing here?”

 

Taehyung was amazed by her beauty again. Her face was glowing even in the morning.

 

“Ohh.. your bodyguards told me to wake you up..” he replied. “I’ll be one of your butlers for the whole semestral break..”

 

What did he say? Butler?For two weeks? Will he really be her butler?

That means living under the same roof, seeing each other everyday and being at her service for two weeks!

 

Jisoo felt like she hit the jackpot!

 

“Do you need anything Princess?” he asked politely.

 

Jisoo isn’t used to hearing him speak like that to her. 

He’s always mad at her whenever they talk, that’s why maybe she’s come to like him hearing him talk rudely and informally to her.

 

“You can call me by my name when there’s only the two of us..” she said biting her lower lip. “I mean.. we’re.. we are.. we are friends, aren’t we?”

 

Taehyung took some steps towards her until there was only a foot away from her.

 

“Are we friends?” he asked as he took another step closer to her.

 

Jisoo took a step backward and felt her back touching the wall.

 

“A-aren’t.. we.. friends..?” she gulped as she tilted her head to the side.

 

But Taehyung placed both of his hands on the side of Jisoo’s head trapping her and making her look at him again.

 

Jisoo couldn’t meet his eyes. She knows her cheeks must have already turned red from blushing because of the very little gap between them.

 

But she was more than worried about how she looked. She hasn’t even washed her face. She must look very horrible right now.

 

“Can you not look at me?” she asked in thin voice. “I know I look awful right now..”

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“I will keep staring at you until you tell me we aren’t friends..” he said putting his head even closer to hers.

 

Jisoo was baffled. Does he mean he doesn’t even want to be friends with her?

 

“Then.. do you not like being friends with me?” she asked embarrassed. “W-what are we then?”

 

Taehyung smiled before pulling himself back.

 

“You’re the Princess and I’m working as your butler right now..” he replied. “I can’t treat you like a friend..”

 

Jisoo finally heaved a sigh of relief. Being too close to him made her stop breathing.

 

Then Taehyung pointed beside Jisoo.

 

“May I take that back, Princess?”

 

Jisoo looked sideways and saw the coat he had lent her.

 

She hung it in front of her bed so she could imagine seeing him before sleeping.

 

She felt embarrassed again. What if he thinks she’s weird?

 

Taehyung took it and was heading out of her room but then he stopped by her door..

 

“You don’t need my coat anymore to make you feel warm, Princess.. I’m here now.. I’ll make sure you I’ll give you warmth..

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened as she saw him leave through the door.

 

She must have heard him wrong. He wouldn’t have probably said that.. 

there must have been a mistake..

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo still hasn’t believed that Taehyung is really inside the Palace.. breathing the same air she breathes.. walking through the same corridors she walks by.. and working for her as a butler..

 

She was smiling all the time during the lunch with the King and Queen.

 

“Are you having a good day today Princess?” asked the Queen. “Has Jinyoung contacted you already?”

 

Jisoo almost forgot about him! And about her phone!

 

“Ohh.. he will soon..” she said faking a smile. 

 

“Send him our regards..” said the King. “When he comes back, we will talk about your engagement..”

 

“What engagement?” Jisoo was startled.

 

Her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“I mean we shouldn’t hurry..” she said quickly.

 

“This isn’t hurrying but just preparing for your future wedding..” said the King.

 

Jisoo gulped. Now they’re even talking about marriage.

 

“You’re at the right age to get married..” said the Queen. “I got married with the King when I was 19.. I would say you are already behind..”

 

Jisoo remained quiet as she continued eating.

 

The Royal family usually gets married early than other people to solidify their bloodline.

 

They get married at a young age and try to have as many children as they can.

 

Although she sometimes wonders why the King and Queen chose to have only one child.

 

It would have been less lonelier for her if she had a sibling.

 

“You shouldn’t worry Princess.. I’ll be the one to talk to him.. you don’t have to be shy..” the King said.

 

There’s nothing wrong about what the King and Queen said but why does she feel upset?

 

She has to get married sooner or later.. that can’t be helped.. it is bound to happen..

 

It’s her fate.

 

 

After the meal, she went to find Taehyung right away.

 

The butlers would be in the main palace that time but why can’t she find him anywhere?

 

She was going in circles but he wasn’t seen anywhere.

 

Did he perhaps leave already? She knows how he can be moody and might have changed his mind already.

 

“Princess.. it’s time for you to study in your library..” said Jennie. 

 

Jisoo was still looking around. She only needs to catch a glimpse of him to ease her mind after that heavy lunch.

 

“You are already five minutes late Princess.. we shouldn’t delay your schedule anymore..” said Seulgi.

 

She sighed as she headed to her library.

 

She sometimes feels like a robot. She can’t control her own body. She has to follow schedules.. she can’t do what she really wants.

 

And maybe.. she won’t be able to get married with the person she loves..

 

Why did she even dream of true love?

 

She was feeling down until she stepped inside the library to study.

 

The sunlight entered the window and illuminated the whole room and in front of her stood Taehyung who was organizing some books in a shelf.

 

The light behind him made it seem like he came down straight from heaven.

 

An angel. 

 

She immediately ran to him.

 

“Were you here all the time? I thought you went away already..” said Jisoo. 

 

“Why would I go away without telling you, Princess?”

 

“Because...” she hesitate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter