Only three seconds

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung was eating his lunch silently while looking around.

 

It’s his first day in this new college.. he hasn’t made any friends yet but that’s okay.. he isn’t particularly interested in making any either..

 

Or maybe he is..

 

“You’re the new guy in my class, aren’t you?” asked someone as he sat across him.

 

Taehyung seems not to have seen him in class that morning.

 

“I skipped this morning to be honest but I saw you coming out of class while I was going in..” the man reached his hand to him. “My name is Jimin.. it’s nice to meet you..”

 

Taehyung reached his hand and shook it shyly.

 

“Please call me Taehyung.. Kim Taehyung..”

 

Will he be able to be friends with someone who skips class casually?

 

Taehyung isn’t a genius or a born smart person but he gets good grades by studying hard.

 

“Why did you transfer here?” asked Jimin eating his gimbap. “Ahh.. it must be because of someone..”

 

Taehyung’s eyes thinned. How did he know he transferred here because of a certain someone? Does he perhaps know him? But that’s impossible.. 

 

“A woman?” Jimin smiled as he continued stuffing his face with gimbap. “Did I guess it right?”

 

Taehyung choked on his rice and beat his chest.

 

“I guess I did..” Jimin chuckled. “Otherwise you wouldn’t be sitting on this seat..”

 

This seat? What does he mean? What’s with this seat?

 

“You must have come here to see the Princess..” said Jimin whispering as he pointed to the table next to them. “This is the seat closest to hers.. that one is her seat during lunch..”

 

Taehyung released a sigh. He thought they were thinking about the same person but no.. they weren’t!

 

Why would he care where the Princess sits when she eats her lunch? Well.. it isn’t like he’s going to gain something from that..

 

He did know the Princess goes to the same college but he didn’t transfer because of that. It’s because of someone else.

 

Irene. His ex. 

 

They were together for 6 months but broke up during the summer vacation. 

 

He still loves her.. even after 2 months of not seeing her.. 

 

He has no idea why she broke up with him. He doesn’t know why she just decided to leave him without explaining. But still.. he wants to be with her.. he wants to get back with her..

 

And he transferred to her college so he could see her everyday even if it’s an hour away from his home.

 

“What are you thinking of?” asked Jimin snapping his fingers at him. “Why? Did you-..?”

 

Then there was a loud commotion happening inside the canteen.

 

Taehyung was surprised but Jimin wasn’t even bothered.

 

“What’s happening?” asked Taehyung standing up confused about the people crowding up at the entrance of the canteen.

 

“The Princess is coming..” said Jimin smiling. “You’ll get used to it too..”

 

“But do they really need to go through this just because the Princess is coming?” Taehyung seemed annoyed. “Why go this far just to welcome her presence?”

 

Taehyung doesn’t hate the Princess but he isn’t really interested in her. He thinks a poor man’s life is more interesting. The Princess doesn’t even struggle in anything she does.. she gets fed three meals a day, gets dressed with luxury and lives in a palace. Why would he get interested in those things?

While many people are struggling in this country, she can afford to even build a house for her own dog?

Shouldn’t she give the money to the needy instead? Why waste it on something like that?

 

Taehyung has enough reasons or maybe excuses to hate on her but the truth is.. he has started seeing the Royal family negatively when the King approved of a new law that allows robots to work in the factories thus decreasing the number of workers. 

 

And unfortunately, his father was one of those who suffered by getting fired. Now his father works a fruit vendor while his mom supports the entire family by working as a call center agent.

 

He shook his head as he saw the princess walk confidently as if she were walking on her own runway. 

 

“I told you this is the best seat..” said Jimin stealing glances at the Princess who has sat down just beside their table. “How much will that dress cost? Will it-..?”

 

Then he saw the Princess looking towards their table.

 

“She just looked at us..” said Jimin. “Why did she look here? She’s really looking at us.. look Taehyung..”

 

But Taehyung’s eyes were wandering around the canteen. Where the heck is Irene? Isn’t she going to eat lunch? What if she skips her meals? She can’t be sick!

 

“He’s looking at you Taehyung..” said Jimin. “Do you-..?”

 

Taehyung looked at the Princess’ direction and met eyes with her. Why is she looking at him? What’s with her? Her cheeks are even red.. is she perhaps...? Is she drunk at this time of the day?

 

Taehyung looked away immediately and stood up seeing Irene enter the canteen.

 

“I’ll see you in class..” he said before leaving Jimin.

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo was still looking at Taehyung as he went further from her. 

 

“What’s wrong Princess?” asked Seulgi, one of her two bodyguards. “Is something bothering you?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes continued following him. Who is he? He must be new.. why hasn’t she seen him before? 

 

She touched her cheeks and felt them hot. Why? Why are they burning?

 

Then she could feel her heart going up and down like it wanted to escape from her chest. What is it? Why is she feeling like this?

 

It can’t be.. is this..? Is it really..? Did she..? Has she..?

 

Love at first sight?

 

Otherwise there’s no other explanation why she’s blushing and her heart is racing at this moment!

 

Did she really fall for him? Who is that guy who stole her heart?

 

She has seen many celebrities but she never fell for them.. she has seen hot models in person and even had to pose with them for some photoshoots but this unknown guy made her heart race in three seconds!

 

“Princess.. are you sick?” asked Jennie. “Your cheeks-..”

 

“Argghhh..” Jisoo screamed.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seulgi was on defense mode. “What happened Princess?”

 

Jisoo covered her face with her hands.

 

“Why are you looking that way? Is someone stalking you?” 

 

The two bodyguards looked around and got closer to Jisoo.

 

“Don’t get too close with me unnies.. I feel suffocated..” said Jisoo irritated by herself. “It’s nothing.. let’s just eat quietly..”

 

Then a man approached Jisoo embarrassedly.

 

The two bodyguards were quick to block him.

 

“It’s my sister’s birthday today.. she asked me if I could give her your autograph..” said the man bashful.

 

Jennie and Seulgi were about to decline but Jisoo stood up from her seat and pushed the two gently.

 

“What’s your name?” asked Jisoo taking the pen from him.

 

“Jimin..” he smiled.

 

“And your sister’s?” 

 

“Chaeyoung..” he replied with a bigger smile.

 

“Happy birthday to you Chaeyoung! I hope you and your brother Jimin get along well always! Lots of love!

 

Jisoo <3 “

 

Jimin sat near the Princess’ table to get an autograph for his sister who is the Princess’ number one fan.

 

He went away ecstatic after taking her autograph and even a handshake from her.

 

 

“I thought she didn’t like giving autographs..” Jennie whispered to Seulgi. 

 

“I know right.. but since she’s losing to idol groups in popularity polls.. she must have changed her mind..”

Seulgi replied.

 

Jisoo faced the two of them as she crossed her arms.

 

“I can hear everything you are talking about unnies..” she said lifting an eyebrow. “I won’t buy you desserts today..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

Taehyung followed Irene to her seat but she didn’t look very happy to see him. 

 

She thinks he’s acting like a crazy ex boyfriend who can’t get over her.

 

“Why did you come here?” irritation could be noticed in her voice. “Why did you follow me here?”

 

“Can we talk about us again, Irene?” he asked as if he were trying to beg her already.

 

They haven’t seen each other for two months but she never left his mind, not even for a day..

 

He was excited to see her but she didn’t seem like she wanted to see him at all.

 

“I told you we have broken up already..” said Irene. “What’s so hard to understand about that Taehyung?”

 

He sighed as he looked at her. Where did it go wrong? Did he do something? Was it his fault? Will she come back to him if he tells her he’s willing to change for her?

 

He had a lot of questions inside his mind but he couldn’t seem to ask her even one.

 

“I need to hurry up eating because of my next class..” said Irene. “I hope you don’t disturb me again like this..”

 

She stood up and left her seat.

 

Disturb? Why did that one word hurt him so much? Was he really disturbing her? 

 

He sighed again. Maybe Irene is just having a hard time because of her studies. She is usually a sweet person.. she must be stressed..

 

He understands that.. he can understand her.. so he will give her time if she wants..

 

After a few minutes of reflecting there while staring blankly at the empty table, he went back to his department.

 

Another day.. he’ll talk to Irene again on another day.. this is only his first day here.. there’s no need to rush..

 

———————-

 

 

“Tea time with the King and Queen then you need to shoot a short video to encourage students to study hard during this school year then after that you need to write a message for single parents who are struggling.. it will be posted on your social media account tomorrow morning and after that-..” Seulgi was listing Jisoo’s chores.

 

“You are going to try making soaps from an expert before your dinner schedule with the Prime Minister..” said Jennie. “Then after that you can have your free time..”

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“Free time y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter