First crisis

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I love her..Mom... I don’t think I can live without her..”

 

“You cannot marry someone like her.. you will stop seeing her from now on.. she’s transferring to another college..”

 

“What? Did you make her transfer? Why?”

 

“It’s all for the better.. and you would thank me later for this..”

 

“Why?”

 

“That woman is pregnant.. she slept with another man after saying she was in love with you.. how could I let someone like her get married with the Prince?”

 

“That isn’t true.. Joo hyun loves me.. there’s no way she would be pregnant with another man..”

 

“She must have planned everything.. she seduced the Prince so she could dare think to marry you but the truth is she was just using you..”

 

“Mom.. I need to talk to her.. I don’t bellieve-..”

 

“She left already.. she left with the father of her child..”

 

 

 

 

The King felt a pair of hands shaking his arms to wake him up.

 

“Your Majesty..” the Queen looked worried seeing him sweat and frown while sleeping. “Did you have a nightmare?”

 

The King finally opened his eyes.

 

 It was a dream.

 

Joo hyun. The first woman he ever loved.

 

Another dream about his ex lover. He has been having the same dream for a week already ever since he learned that she passed away.

 

“Shall I bring some water for you?” asked the Queen. 

 

The King nodded.

 

“Are you very stressed these days?” the Queen was concerned. 

 

“This is nothing my Queen..” he replied.

 

“You called her name in your sleep..” said the Queen lowering her gaze. “Have you heard anything about her? It’s been a very long time since you dreamt about her..”

 

The Queen got up from the bed to get some water for him.

 

“She passed away last week..” said the King. “She left her daughter alone..”

 

The Queen went to sit on the bed as she handed him some water.

 

She is not jealous of his ex. She trusts the King and knows he also loves her.

 

She’s aware of what happened in the past. She knows the King had to break up because his ex got pregnant with another man.

 

But it wasn’t the sole reason..

 

The main reason of their breakup was because of the late Queen, the King’s mother.

 

She was strongly against his son liking a commoner.

 

“Poor girl.. we must help her.. she must be having a hard time right now..” said the Queen.

 

The King nodded.

 

He is worried about Joo Hyun’s daughter but he is more concerned about the rumor he heard that Irene might be his own daughter.

 

He once ran away from the Palace and spent a night with Joo Hyun when he learned that his mother was marrying him off.

 

But the late Queen told him Joohyun was pregnant with another man and that Joo Hyun even left with that man.

 

He never heard about her again after that. He loved her. He was in pain for a long time.

 

But later on, he learned to forget her and started loving his wife now, his Queen.

 

But what if Irene is really his child? That’ll create a chaos not only in the Palace but throughout the Kingdom.

 

Before it gains more attention, he needs to cover this matter up.

 

And the Princess’ engagement might be the only solution.

 

He hasn’t made a decision yet. He wanted to wait for Jinyoung so they could talk but it seems like he has to announce it even before his return.

 

That’ll only be the way to ease his mind.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

“You look pretty with your hair braided like that..”

 

“Really? Then I’ll come like this everyday..”

 

“You don’t have to.. you’re pretty even with messy hair..”

 

“What are you saying? You’re making me embarrassed..”

 

“But that’s the truth..”

 

 

Jimin knocked on the table to get Taehyung’s attention.

 

They were eating at the canteen next to the Princess’ table but Taehyung was only looking at his phone while smiling.

 

“Are you dating?” asked Jimin.

 

Taehyung put his phone inside his pocket.

He can’t say anything to anyone about his relationship with Jisoo yet.

 

“No..” he replied as he started eating his food that became cold already.

 

“Who is it? Were you busy during the whole vacation because you found someone?” asked Jimin thinning his eyes. “Is it Irene? Did you get back together?”

 

Taehyung shook his head as he continued eating.

 

“Stop saying nonsense and just eat..” said Taehyung.

 

“Her mother died last week..” said Jimin.

 

Taehyung was surprised. Irene didn’t contact him anymore after he went to see her at the hospital.

 

“I only heard about it today because she asked to drop out from the tennis club..” said Jimin sighing. “I feel bad for her.. tennis was her life.. why does she want to quit it?”

 

Taehyung remained silent. He suddenly feels guilty for not asking how she was the last few days.

 

He was so busy with Jisoo that he completely forgot about her.

 

“I’ll try talking to her.. I’ll convince her to continue playing tennis and not to drop out..” said Taehyung.

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Seulgi, I need to go to the toilet for a moment..” said Jennie. “Make sure no one goes inside, we can’t let anyone know about Taehyung and the Princess..”

 

If only it weren’t for her cramps, she wouldn’t leave Seulgi alone. 

 

“Don’t worry.. I’ll tell everyone to go away..” said Seulgi.

 

Jisoo went to find Taehyung inside the men’s locker.

 

She was worried because he hasn’t seen her last messages to him yet. And she saw his face changed color during lunch while talking with Jimin.

 

She asked her unnies to stand guard for her and not to let anyone come inside for a while so she could talk calmly with Taehyung.

 

“How did you get inside?” Taehyung was surprised.

 

He quickly put on his shirt.

 

The Princess has really no fear! Does she want to see him ? She didn’t even make a single noise.

 

“I asked Jennie and Seulgi unnie to stay outside..” she said running to hug him. “We can’t even talk outside nor look at each other for more than five seconds.. I missed you..”

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

They just saw each other two hours ago during lunch. 

 

“Are you busy?” asked Jisoo raising her head to see him. “You weren’t replying to any of my messages..”

 

Jisoo didn’t want to tell him that because she might appear nosy and he might get sick of her but even when she’s hugging him right now, he didn’t seem that happy like the other times.

 

“Irene-..”

 

Just hearing her name made Jisoo jealous. She was about to really get jealous when he said..

 

“Irene’s mother passed away last week.. I didn’t ask her how she was..”

 

Jisoo gasped.

 

“I’m sorry..” she said. “Shouldn’t we at least bring her flowers and comfort her? Poor Irene.. she must be heartbroken..”

 

Jisoo shouldn’t have been jealous in the first place.

 

“I’ll go and see her this afternoon..” said Taehyung.

 

“I will come with you..”

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“I can’t bring you..” he said. “It’ll only-..”

 

“Make people talk?” asked Jisoo.

 

He just nodded. But the truth is he didn’t want to bring her because Irene doesn’t like her. Instead of being consoled, she might just get furious.

 

“Then can you send her my regards?” asked Jisoo pouting. 

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“You look really cute with your hair like this..” he said as he pinched her cheeks.

 

Jisoo smiled and hugged him even tighter.

 

Then they both heard some men’s footsteps and voices echoing in the corridor.

 

“Didn’t you say your bodyguards were guarding us outside?” Taehyung’s eyes widened.

 

Jisoo nodded but was also confused.

 

But they could clearly hear the footsteps approaching.

 

Jisoo can’t be seen with him and surely not inside the men’s changing room.

 

Only a few seconds and they would be caught.. Jisoo was looking at him with eyes full of worries.

 

Taehyung grabbed his towel and covered her head with it as he put her in a headlock.

 

“I caught a stalker.. I’ll make sure you’ll pay for this!” He shouted as he made his way out of there dragging her.

 

And finally when they were alone, he let go of her and removed the towel from her face.

 

Jisoo had tears in her eyes. He was alarmed. 

 

“Did I hurt you? I’m sorry.. I should have been more careful Jisoo..” he was wiping her tears.

 

But Jisoo burst into a laughter. She found the situation funny and found his solution even funnier yet witty.

 

And how he put her in a headlock.. she found it ridiculous yet amusing.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter