Slowly but surely

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jinyoung saw Jisoo stealing glances at Taehyung a lot in the party.

 

One only needs a pair of eyes to see and realize that the Princess is secretly in love with him.

 

Although he didn’t know about that kiss happening until the picture was all over the internet, he had a hunch that something happened that night.

 

And he knew Taehyung was also wearing that gray suit. That confirmed his theory.

 

But the real question is.. who took that picture?

 

He was still looking into it and was about to inform Jisoo about his small progress when he saw Taehyung that afternoon.

 

Jisoo won’t be able to come outside the Palace if he doesn’t tell the King about the mysterious man in that picture.

 

And since he knows the King favors him a lot, he thought he’d just tell him it was him.

 

He knows it won’t be much of a problem because the King sees him as a potential son in law.

 

Instead.. he might like it..

 

And he really did..

 

The King didn’t say anything anymore and neither did the Queen after that.

 

Their faces brightened up when he said it was him who was kissed by Jisoo.

 

Jinyoung asked to talk with Jisoo privately as soon as the King and the Queen left the room.

 

“Why did you lie?” asked Jisoo. “What are your intentions? Why did you bring him here?”

 

“He came here by himself.. I only brought him inside..” 

 

“He did?” Jisoo seemed surprised.

 

She didn’t know Taehyung would come to see her without anyone forcing him to.

 

“He was brave, wasn’t he?” Jinyoung smiled one sidedly.

 

“I don’t like your smile at all..” she said. “Do you have a plan in your mind? You must have one.. for sure..”

 

A maid came in and brought some pastries and tea.

 

“You can eat Princess..” said Jinyoung. “You look pale.. you must be thinking a lot these days..”

 

Jisoo took some pastries and ate them.

 

“I was dying here..” she said frowning. “I can’t stay in the Palace all day.. it’s suffocating..”

 

“Or maybe you wanted to see him?”

 

“Of course-..” Jisoo stopped right away.

 

She’s really stupid! Why did she tell him that?

 

“Put your worries aside.. that guy hates me.. no.. I mean he doesn’t like.. he said so..”

 

Jinyoung smiled again.

 

Jisoo felt ridiculed. What is he smiling about? Is he happy that she was rejected?

 

“Why would he come here if he hated you?”

 

Jisoo shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Maybe he’s really worried about his grades..” she replied putting the cup of tea on the table.

 

“I have a proposal Princess..” said Jinyoung. 

 

Jisoo saw this coming. He wouldn’t have sacrificed himself if he didn’t have any requests.

 

“Let us tell the King we want to date..” 

 

Jisoo almost choked.

 

“W-what?” 

 

“Let’s tell everyone we like each other and we are dating..” said Jinyoung in a serious tone. “I think my parents sent me back here so I could get closer to you and eventually get married to you..”

 

“Then why-..?”

 

“I’m asking you to pretend to date me..” he continued. “Let’s pretend we like each other in front of everyone and after a couple of months.. we can tell them we have broken up and things didn’t work out between us..”

 

Jisoo remained silent. 

 

What he just said was actually a nice idea. She didn’t know this guy would have a brain to use!

 

It was also the only way for the King to give up on marrying her with him.

 

“But you can’t tell anyone that we’re just faking a relationship..” said Jinyoung. “I don’t want this to end bad.. it should stay just between us..”

 

He does have a point. Jisoo never knew he was smart..

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jinyoung came back to the receiving room to see Taehyung after talking with Jisoo but he was gone already.

 

“Where is he?” asked Jinyoung to one of the maids he saw passing by.

 

“The Princess’ bodyguards called him before.. they might have sent him home already..”

 

Jinyoung wanted to send him home himself so he could talk to him but it’s fine.. he can talk to him on another day..

 

 

But the truth is.. Taehyung was still in the Palace.

 

Jennie and Seulgi had asked him to come with them and brought him inside the main palace.

 

They both know that the man in the picture was him and wanted him to get to talk with the Princess.

 

They felt bad for her because she had to stay inside her room for a few days already.

 

The Princess was calling his name non stop when she was drunk.

 

They are aware she still likes him and might want to see him.

 

“May I ask where you’re bringing me?” asked Taehyung clueless of where he was headed.

 

The two bodyguards stopped and released the grip on his arms.

 

“Please wait here..” they said before leaving him alone in a long corridor.

 

“But why-..?”

 

Taehyung looked around him. Why does it feel creepy? He has seen this place a lot on TV.. a long and cold corridor.. what if someone starts chasing him all of a sudden?

 

He got goosebumps all over his body.. where did those two take him?

 

A few moments later, he could hear the click-clacking of a woman’s heels coming from behind.

 

No way.. there won’t be ghosts here in the Palace, right?

 

He isn’t exactly a coward but he isn’t a fan of horror movies..

 

Then the sound stopped right when it was so close to him.

 

“What are you doing here?” 

 

Jisoo. It was the Princess’ voice. It wasn’t a ghost.

 

Jisoo grabbed his arm.

 

“How did you come here? It is prohibited to-..” Jisoo was still explaining to him when they heard some footsteps approaching.

 

That corridor was the only way to get to the Royal Family’s chambers.

 

The only people allowed to go there are herself, the King and Queen and the maids and bodyguards.

 

Some guests could also access but only with the King’s approval, just like Jinyoung the other time who looked around there.

 

Jisoo held Taehyung’s arm and brought him inside the room in front of them.

 

It was that old room where her old toys were kept.

 

She grabbed tightly on his arms until she could finally hear the footsteps were gone.

 

“I thought you’d get caught..” said Jisoo as she sighed deep. “How did you end up here?”

 

She tried to reach for the switch but she just remembered that the bulb has not been replaced yet.

 

Jisoo could barely see his face. The only source of light was coming through the hole between the two doors.

 

“Your bodyguards called me and said to follow them then they left me..” Taehyung replied still clueless.

 

Her bodyguard unnies are always embarrassing her! Did they bring him there so she could see him?

 

But she was still embarrassed to face him like this..

 

“How long are we going to stay here like this?” asked Taehyung.

 

“It’s almost 6 pm now.. we need to wait until the King goes out of his room..” said Jisoo.

 

“I mean.. how long are you going to keep holding my arm like this?” 

 

Jisoo removed her hand right away. No wonder her hand was feeling warm and didn’t want to move. It was doing its thing on its own.

 

“And your foot..” said Taehyung. “You’re stepping on mine..”

 

Jisoo took a step back right away. She must be really dying to keep him close to her. What an embarrassment!

 

Taehyung took his phone from his pocket and used it as a flashlight.

 

“Are there no lights here?” he asked as he tried to find the switch but stopped when the light hit Jisoo’s face.

 

“That hurts..” Jisoo closed her eyes while trying to cover the light on her face. “Why are you-..?”

 

Then she felt his thumb brushing her lips.

 

Oh no.. her heart started racing again.. it’s bouncing up and down like it’s crazy..

 

His touch on her lips made her recall the kiss she had with him..

 

Why is he doing this to her?

 

Her cheeks must have turned red again.. she could feel the heat on her cheeks..

 

“Did you eat some chocolate before?” asked Taehyung lifting his hand from her face.

 

Jisoo took a step back from him abruptly making the phone fall on the floor.

 

She was having some creative plots in her mind but she didn’t know she was looking dirty after eating some pastries earlier..

 

Then has she been roaming around the Palace with chocolate on her lips?

 

She really is hopeless!

 

She picked up the phone and turned the flashlight off so he wouldn’t see her dirty face anymore.

 

But then they heard a pair of footsteps stopping right in front of the room they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter