Nove

Make It Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 50th wedding anniversary of Byul’s grandparents is Yongsun’s first time experiencing attending such a grandiose party celebration. The truth is, she has a lot of rich classmates but since she is not that sociable, she rarely gets invited. But instead of feeling insecure about meeting a lot of high-level personalities, she weirdly felt okay. She felt so different from being Miss Nobody. Tonight, she experiences what it’s like to be noticed. It was awkward at first, but she got use to the attention after a while. Yong felt very Cinderella-like, where Byul is her fairy god mother. She was ushered into a new world, a world that she did not even dared to imagine.

Byul introduced her to her family. They were surprised at first, but they accepted her warmly minutes after. Byul is an only child, and she spends a lot of time with her parents. Yong felt that Byul’s parents love her very much and cares for her dearly. Despite how busy they are, they always make time for their only daughter. Aside from that, Mr & Mrs Moon is not picky with their daughter’s friends and acquaintances. They accepted Byul’s friends, regardless of social class and economic status.  

Yong liked the way Byul’s family treated her, but she most especially liked how her ‘pretend girlfriend’ is treating her. From the moment she entered the hall, Byul did not leave her side. One could say that Byul is literally all over Yong and this spreads rumor about the new girl on Moon Byul-yi’s arms. Byul even invited her to dance several times in the night. It was a romantic night. It was perfect.

Almost.

Yong doesn’t want to go back thinking about reality. That Byul is probably doing this because of Chanmi. Byul is just doing this to make Chanmi jealous.

Yong knows that what she is doing is not right but what can she do? She is a person. She is not some concrete that is unable to feel anything. She has feelings and a heart that doesn’t follow what the brain is trying to tell her. A heart that is easily get swayed with Byul’s endearing actions.

She was really falling for her… fast! Just thinking about it scares the wits out of Yong.

“Baby, is it okay to leave you for a bit? I need to go to the restroom really quick.” Byul whispered.

“Sure. Go ahead.” Yongsun responded.

Minutes later, Byul’s phone on the table rang and it was Seulgi on the other line. Yong doesn’t want to answer the call but Byul’s mother said that she should take it because probably its important. She excused herself and answered the call.

“Can you find her now? I just need to speak to her urgently.” Seulgi asked. Yong hurriedly walked towards the restroom to find Byul. She saw Byul going out of the restroom and is about to call her, but someone beat her to it.

“I’ve missed you Byul,” Chanmi desperately said while walking towards Byul.

“Chanmi…” Byul uttered.

Yongsun saw the confusion in Byul’s face. And she knows that Byul is conflicted. They did not see her because she was still quite far from them. She felt her heart broke hearing what Chanmi said. She knows she does not have the right to feel that way.

“I’m sorry Byul. I didn’t mean to break up with you. I love you. I still love you.” Chanmi said in tears while holding Byul.

“I know I pushed you to the limit. You were considerate. You were kind. It s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter