Jedanaest

Make It Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun wanted to convince herself that she is sad because she failed again another exam. She is not used to failing. And so far, this is the first time that she failed two of her exams. She could forgive herself for failing the first test because it was a surprise quiz and even though she has studied in advance she was in no condition when she took it because she was crying the night before. But not this exam, all from her class have pass the test, except her. She is on a scholarship, so her classmates were surprised when they learned about her, failing the exam. She is hurt that once again she became the subject of negative rumors around the campus. She is not over yet with the news of her being ‘dumped’ by the campus 'prince', Moon Byul-yi and this have added to that. Poeple says that her failing the test, was because she was heartbroken. Some of her classmates pitied her and some ridiculed her for wanting someone beyond her status. The fans of Moonbyul called her a gold-digger, a second-rate social climber.

Yongsun doesn’t care about all these rumors circulating around the campus. She is too hurt to accept that her ‘relationship’ with Moonbyul is over. That there is no hope anymore for her dreams to become a reality.

This morning she saw Moonbyul with Chanmi in the cafeteria. Chanmi is feeding Byul and they look very happy. Although she did not see the face of Moonbyul, she knows that Byul is happy too. This is their plan, right? For Moonbyul to get Chanmi back and she should be happy because they succeeded. But why does it feel like she is slowly dying inside, like someone had rip her heart out of her chest.  She actually feels like throwing up from all the pain she is feeling right now. Irene have asked her several times, the reason why she is being like this, and every time, she avoided answering the question. The last thing that she needs is her friend pitying her for how miserable she is right now.

After class, she still went to her part-time job, but her supervisor told her to go home to rest. She asked her supervisor if she could take the weekend off and he agreed. Yongsun got her things from the locker and walked home. Instead of heading towards her dormitory, she went to the subway and took a train back to her hometown.  Relieve that she doesn’t have classes on weekends.

When she reached home, her father met her at the door and hug her tightly. Even without words, he knows that something is bothering his youngest daughter. Yongsun is always like this, when she has problems, she just comes home without noticed.  After kissing her mother, Yongsun told her parents that she will go upstairs to rest. She knows that her parents understand why she is here. She is glad that they don’t push her to speak about it, they just let her be. The next two days were a struggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter