Chapter 22

Took an Oath - I’mma stick it out to the end

Dr.Choi's office

*Knock knock*

"Come in please"
"Oh hi, Taeyeon"
"its been a long time!"

"Yeah. Its been a really long time Dr.Choi"
"To be honest, im here for a reason"
"I want to ask you about Sica"
"As her doctor-in-charge, im sure you know where is Sica"
"And what she's doing right now"

"I've got no idea Taeyeon, really"
"I've transferred over to UK's doctor" lied Dr.Choi

"Dont lie Dr.Choi!" shouted Taeyeon

Suddenly, the door broke up.

"Dr.Choi!"
"Pali pali! Unnie's having problem breathing again" panicked Krystal as she dashed into Dr.Choi's office.

"Krystal?!"
"What do you mean by unnie?"
"Is it Sica?" asked Taeyeon

Krystal's POV

Oh gosh.
Im screwed!
How could i have shouted so loudly before even knowing who was in Dr.Choi's office
Now, how am i gonna save this whole drama
Sigh..
But unnie's more important

End of Krystal's POV

"Not someone that you know of" replied Krystal as her attention turned back to Dr.Choi

"Dr.Choi, now quick please!" cried Krystal

"Okayokay, im coming" said Dr.Choi as the both of them ran out of them room.

Not wanting to give anything up that might lead her to Jessica, Taeyeon followed Dr.Choi&Krystal out of the office.

Jessica's ward

"Where's Dr.Choi?!" asked one of the nurse frantically looking at Jessica as she struggled on the bed, trying to gasp for oxygen.

"Our oxygen level is already at the maximum"
"Why is she still gasping for air?!" asked the other nurse.

Just then, Dr.Choi rushed into the room. It was in a total mess.
The nurses werent even able to help Jessica feel better but just stood there and see her suffer.
Tears were falling down Jessica's cheeks, the pain that she has to struggle through to gasp for oxygen was excruciating.

"How many times have i told you girls about this?!"
"If her asthma attack happens, give her her inhaler!"
"Then after her asthma attacks stop, then you give her the oxygen mask"
"How many times must i tell you girls so that you girls will bear it in mind?!" scolded Dr.Choi as he rushed over to help Jessica with the inhaler.
"Do you have to wait till Jessica's dead then you girls will remember it?!" continued Dr.Choi

At the same time, Taeyeon was standing outside the ward, shocked.
She didnt know what to do, how to react at the situation.
The only things that came into her mind was, Jessica's harsh breakup with her.
That Jessica dated her only for pure pleasure, and the broke up brought her satisfaction.
But Jessica's on the bed fighting for her life right now.
So what was going on?
However, to think back, Taeyeon felt that Jessica probably deserve all these.
This might be Jessica's retribution for breaking up with her&playing around with her feelings.

"Now, if i see similar incident happening for the second time"
"You can kiss goodbye to your job!" warned Dr.Choi angrily
"And, im not kidding"
"Im serious about this"

"Sorry, Dr.Choi" apologised the nurses

"Dont say sorry to me"
"Apologise to Jessica&her Krystal instead"
"The both of you caused worries in the patient's family member and pain to the patient herself"
"You girls cant possibly imagine how painful it was for her!" scolded Dr.Choi

"Sorry, Ms.Jung" apologised the nurses to both Krystal&Jessica

But Jessica just responded them with a smile, mouthing "its fine" to them with her oxygen mask on it as she was very weak.
Jessica's forever so forgiving, never once did she blame anyone for anything but blamed herself for everything.
Just then, Dr.Choi turned around, wanting to leave the room to Jessica&Krystal to rest but was shocked to see Taeyeon by the door.
Taeyeon had witnessed the whole happening all along.
Followed by Krystal, turned and saw Taeyeon.
Krystal's shocked expression was shown fully to Taeyeon, but only to see Taeyeon's angry face.
Taeyeon then stormed into the room, stood by Jessica's bed and started.

"HAHAHA"
"Look at how fate has turned out, Jessica Jung!"
"Its just retribution that you're lying on this bed, !"
"For ditching me like a 101% playgirl" said Taeyeon full of sacarsm

Jessica turned to her, slowly sat up and took off her oxygen mask.
Krystal was about to stop her when Jessica spoke.

"Yeah.. its been.. a long time.. Kim.. Taeyeon.."
"You're right.. im a .. for.. ditching.. you.."
"This is my.. retribution.." said Jessica weakly
"Im.. receiving my.. retribution now.."
"Are you.. happy..?" asked Jessica with a weak arrogant smile

But somehow, those words, made Taeyeon's heart felt really bad inside.
Maybe she shouldnt have said those words to Jessica.
Maybe she should have talked to Jessica nicely in the first place instead of exploding at her.
Maybe she had her own reasons.

"Yeah! Very glad!" shouted Taeyeon

"Thanks.. for your.. comment.."
"And.. if you're done.. with what.. you wanted.. to say.."
"Can you please.. kindly leave.."
"I want to.. rest.. now.."

"No! im not done!"
"I wanted to ask you, why did you break up with me?!"
"You didnt explain yourself well that night!"
"I want to know everything now!" demanded Taeyeon

"I.. told you.."
"I.. just.. wanted to.. fool around.. with you.."
"Nothing else.." explained Jessica coldly without even looking at Taeyeon

But this made Taeyeon even more furious, so she sat down on Jessica's bed and grabbed Jessica hard on her shoulders and pulled her up.

"JESSICA JUNG, DONT TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THIS QUESTION!" shouted Taeyeon

"I said.. i dont love you.. at all.. you understand me..?"

"I dont understand why?!"

"Let me tell you why.. i dont like you.."
"If i had know.. you would.. act like.. this.. after.. we broke up.."
"I wouldnt.. have dated.. you in.. the first.. place.." explained Jessica as she averted Taeyeon's gaze.

These words then struck Taeyeon, that it feels like she was completely over with Jessica.
These words made Taeyeon so sure that Jessica was playing with her, not being serious with her the whole time.
Out of anger, she pushed Jessica back onto bed hard with all her might which made Jessica winced in pain and left the room.
Jessica lost plenty of weight due to all the treatments. And, the side effects of the chemotheraphy had also kicked in.
Getting fevers, vomitting and etc, everything was happening all at a go.
But Taeyeon, didnt even realise how much Jessica had changed, how much she been through.
Krystal then sat down on Jessica's bed as she put Jessica's oxygen mask back onto her face.

"Unnie.."
"You sure you're alright?.."
"Im sorry i should have stopped her.." said Krystal guiltily

"Ani, Krystal"
"Its not your fault, its my fault"
"And she's right for hating me"
"I hurt her so much" cried Jessica as her tears formed a river down her face.
"I deserve all these, for hurting someone i loved"

"Unnie.."
"Its not your fault at all"
"You're hurting emotionally&physically too"
"And, didnt you cry yourself to sleep while thinking of the past memories of Taeyeon unnie?"
"Rushing to her after hearing the news she got hurt?" explained Krystal

"But.."
"Im still sucha bad person"
"Hurt her so deep inside.." sobbed Jessica sadly

Dr.Choi who was outside the ward, couldnt stand watching it anymore.
As Taeyeon stormed out of Jessica's ward, her wrist was caught by Dr.Choi.

"WHAT?!" shouted Taeyeon as she wiped her tears
"Think im not pathetic enough?!"
"Wanna laugh at me?!"
"Go ahead and be my guest!"

"Calm down Taeyeon"
"I just wanted to show you something"
"I hope this will change how you feel"
"I just couldnt stand watching it anymore" explained Dr.Choi as she led Taeyeon into the counters where they had CCTVs for the nurses to monitor the condition of the patient in the different ward.

"Just look at this" said Dr.Choi as he pointed over to Jessica's ward.

Jessica was leaning onto Krystal, crying really badly.
But sadly conversation was not audible at all, if not Taeyeon would have known the whole story.

"So what?"
"Its just that in there being scolded by me & cried"
"Whats there to see?!" shouted Taeyeon

"Taeyeon, if thats what you see this as"
"So be it, im going to wash my hands off this"
"You knew Jessica for so long, you didnt even know if her feelings for you was real"
"All you did was doubted her feelings all along, i dont even know if you're fit to say you had ever fell in love" scolded Dr.Choi as he walked off from Taeyeon, leaving Taeyeon all alone there.

Taeyeon's POV

Why?
Did i really did the wrong thing for scolding Sica?
For venting my anger and sadness at her i've accumulated for the past months?
I feel that Dr.Choi's words are more than what it actually meant.
But what?
And, to come and think of it, why is Sica's in hospital?
She looks as if she lost weight..

End of Taeyeon's POV

"Ah, there you are Taeyeon!"
"Why did you move around when your ankle is injured?" asked Tiffany as she ran over to Taeyeon

"Oh.."
"Tiffany.." Taeyeon hesistated.

"What Taeyeon?"
"You know you can tell me everything"

"You remember Krystal?"
"You saw her just now"

"Yup i did, she said she was visiting someone"

"She was.. actually.. with.. Sica.." started Taeyeon slowly
"I saw her.. i scolded her, vented all my frustrations on her just now.." admitted Taeyeon

"WHAT?!"
"Jessica's in the hospital?!"
"Why the hell didnt Krystal say?!" exclaimed Tiffany, shocked.
"Which ward is she in now?"

"Why?"
"She's in XXX ward"
"Just a little ahead from here" said Taeyeon

"Okay, Taeyeon, lets go" Tiffany said as she helped Taeyeon into Jessica's ward.

The second round of war started, this time round, not with Taeyeon but Tiffany.

"JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON!" shouted Tiffany as she stormed into the room, leaving Taeyeon by the side of the door.

Jessica was awakened by the booming of Tiffany's voice in the room and slowly sat up the bed.
She knew, it wasnt the end of Taeyeon's problem, just now was the beginning, now is officially declared war.

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE US SO SUDDEN?!"
"WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE TAEYEON?!"
"DID YOU KNOW HOW DID SHE SPEND HER LIFE AFTER YOU LEFT US WITHOUT A WORD?!"
"DID YOU KNOW NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED, SHE DIDNT EVEN LET ME ENTER HER DAMN HEART!"
"ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, SHE CANT GET OVER YOU, CANT GET OVER THE HURT YOU LEFT HER DEEP INSIDE HER HEART!"
"THE JESSICA I KNEW WAS NOT THIS HEARTLESS, NOT THIS CRUEL TO PEOPLE AROUND HER!"
"ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT SHE LOVED AND CHERISH"
"WHAT ACTUALLY WENT WRONG WITH YOU!" shouted Tiffany over the whole room.

Thank god Jessica was staying in a VIP ward.
If not complains would have been made by the other patients around.
To reply Tiffany, Jessica removed her oxygen mask again and spoke,

"Because im sick.. of all those.. things.."
"Because im.. sick of all you.."
"Because.. im sick of.. Taeyeon.."
"Happy?.." coughed Jessica
"If you.. love.. her.. go ahead.. and open her heart.." added Jessica as she started coughing

Krystal couldnt stand all these anymore, everyone was blaming her sister.
Everyone spoke as if they were the one who suffered the most, no one knew the truth.

"STOP STOP STOP! TIFFANY UNNIE, GET OUT NOW!"
"CANT YOU SEE JESSICA UNNIE'S ALREADY FEELING UNWELL?!"
"CANT ANYONE OF YOU JUST PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES?!"
"WHY CANT NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND HER?!"
"SHE'S GOING THROUGH MUCH PAIN AND HURT THAN ANYONE OF YOU COULD IMAGINE"
"IF YOU'RE COMING IN TO JUST SCOLD HER, PLEASE LEAVE, RIGHT NOW!" shouted Krystal

It was Tiffany&Taeyeon's first time, to see Jessica's younger sister, Krystal shouting like that.
It was pretty obvious to see that Krystal's really mad, her face was flushed.
Probably all the blood was rushing through her face while she was scolding Tiffany.

"Fine! Then when i leave this room, our friendship is over!"
"OVER JESSICA! OVER!"

Jessica just kept quiet and looked over the other side of the room, ignoring Tiffany as she stormed out of the room with Taeyeon.
Krystal then sat back on Jessica's bed, put her oxygen mask over to ease Jessica's coughing a little as she Jessica's hair.

"Unnie, get well soon"
"Dont be sad okay, but i know you'll still be sad over this" smiled Krystal
"I'll leave this room for now, you can sort your feelings out"
"Let your tears flood this room" joked Krystal as she walked out of the room.

All Jessica did was gave her a weak smile and mouthed a word to Krystal - thanks.

Krystal's POV

Maybe i should go talk to Taeyeon&Tiffany unnie..
To stop them from looking unnie up..
Stop more pain from getting into unnie..
Yeah, i should do that..

End of Krystal's POV

So after Krystal left the room, she went up to Taeyeon's ward.
As soon as she entered she saw Tiffany&Taeyeon crying over each others shoulder.
But was interupted when they saw Krystal entering the room.

"Tiffany&Taeyeon unnie.."
"Im here to trouble you all something.."
"I hope you all can agree to it.."
"Stop coming over and bring pain to Jessica unnie can?.."
"She's already going through so much pain, can you guys just lessen her pain by not coming?.."
"Your words, today, you guys dont know how much its gonna hurt Jessica unnie.."

"What do you mean by hurt Krystal?"
"Arent we not hurt too, didnt you see us crying our hearts out at how our friend had become?" challenged Tiffany

"Its just shows that you all dont know Jessica unnie well enough"
"Thats all i can say"
"And, she might not be as healthy as you think she is"
"So if you guys still think of her as a friend, spare a thought for her health"
"Dont agitate her anymore.."
"Take it as me pleading&begging you all" pleaded Krystal
"I've been seeing Jessica unnie eversince she left all of you"
"I've seen the darkest part of her life, while you didnt"
"Dont assume everything yourselves and judge unnie"
"She's not what you think she is"
"And thats all i have to say, do as you please then" concluded Krystal as she walked out of the room.

After Krystal left, Taeyeon&Tiffany stared at each other in shock.
They didnt know what was wrong, what went wrong and why are they like this.
How they wished answers would just drop down from the sky for them.
But nope, it isnt gonna happen.
If answers are what they are want, then they must seek for it.
So the two girls decided to head straight to Dr.Choi to get the answers from him.
As soon as they reached Dr.Choi's office, they overheard a conversation in it.

"You know, Jessica's condition is not really going well"
"Do you think we should proceed with a stronger treatment?"

"Well, if you think Jessica can withstand it"
"The side effects will get stronger"
"I just came back from her ward just now after some arguments were made inside"
"Her fever came back again" sighed Dr.Choi

"Aish, things are getting really complicated"
"I see that her body's getting weaker day by day"
"Now she's already relying on maximum oxygen level"
"I really dont know whats going to happen if we bring the treatment to a higher level"

"I know, but shouldnt we talk to her about it first?"
"We can talk to her about it first before continue on doing it?"
"I mean, isnt it best for her to know?"

"I guess so, i guess we should"
"I think we'll let her know and commence the new treatment after her fever subside"

"Yup we should"
"I really hope she can pull through all treatments and recover"
"You really had no idea what she went through"
"I was in her ward when her asthma started again"
"As soon as her condition has been stablized, she was scolded by Taeyeon"
"Then followed by Tiffany after she had finally gone to bed after crying for some time"

"Oh.. really sad for her.."
"Maybe its because of all these ups&downs today that triggered her fever"

"I think so too"
"But what else can we do? Nothing"
"I tried showing Taeyeon how Jessica actually felt after she scolded her"
"But she just took it as Jessica crying over Taeyeon's scolding"
"How unrealistic"

"We cant blame her, hurt was done to her"
"And probably the hurt is really deep from what we could have imagine"

"But, cant you see Jessica's hurting so much too?"
"Taeyeon might be hurting emotionally only"
"But Jessica emotionally and physically"
"Isnt it a little too much for her?"

"I guess it is a little too much"
"But there's really nothing else we can do"
"Our bone marrows dont even match hers"
"If anyone of us could, we could have donated it to her"
"Best part is, her blood type is O+"
"O blood are rare, i just hope we can get a donor before her time runs out"

"Yeah.."

After hearing the whole conversation, Taeyeon barged into the office again.
Like some lunatic, screaming her lungs out.

"What did you mean?!"
"What did the two of you talked about?!" demanded Taeyeon
"What did you mean "before her time runs out"?!"

"Yeah, Dr.Choi&Dr.Kang, what do you mean by your whole conversation?"
"Blood types, bone marrow&donor.."
"Dont tell me?.."

"Since the both of you overheard the whole conversation which was not supposed to"
"We'll tell you everything"
"Yes, right, Jessica's been diagnosed with what Krystal&her mum had suffered from"
"She's been going through harsh chemotheraphies for months already but there isnt any tint of improvement"

"When was she diagnosed with it?!"
"Is that why she left the group?!"

"Is that why she broke up with me?!"

"Chill girls"
"Dr.Choi first suspected it when he went over to your dorm to check Krystal&Jessica up"
"He took her blood sample and ran a test for it"
"The test results came out that the red blood cells&white blood cells count are a little suspicious"
"So we forced Jessica through a painful test, part of her bone marrow out for further tests to confirm the results days later"
"Sadly, results shown that Jessica was really suffering from it"
"And she didnt want anyone of you to know, so she decided to leave the group and you, Taeyeon"

"Yeah, thats why she broke up with you" added Dr.Choi

"What?.. Jessica knew it all along.."
"She didnt tell me anything at all.." sobbed Taeyeon.

She couldnt believe her ears, she couldnt believe what she heard from Dr.Choi&Dr.Kang.

"Of course she didnt tell you"
"She didnt have the confidence to survive this"
"She didnt want anyone of you to grieve over her illness"
"Her blood group is rare, and her asthma didnt really contribute any plus but minus to it"
"After leaving all of you, she was admitted into the hospital right after she broke up with you that night, Taeyeon" explained Dr.Choi

"Yeah, ever since then, Jessica's been in this hospital till now" added Dr.Kang sadly

"She could have told us.." mumbled Tiffany sadly
"She could have told us.. really.."
"We could have fought through this together.."

Regrets filled Tiffany's words. She shouldnt even have exploded on Jessica like a timebomb.
She shouldnt have scolded her with those harsh words.
She shouldnt have made her upset.
She should have took things easy and slowly.
How could she doubt her childhood friend so easily.

"Im so sorry.. Sica.."
"I didnt know.." cried Taeyeon as she sat down on the floor
"I didnt know.. pabo.."
"You could have told me.."
"We could have fought this together.."

Taeyeon's POV

What kind of girlfriend had i been?
I even said those bitter words to her just now
How bad can i get?
I really regret everything right now
Why didnt i notice something is wrong with her previously?
Her constant nosebleed, and getting fever so easily.
All these were warnings to her health
How could i have neglected these warnings so easily.
How could i left her alone to fight these pain
Im sorry Sica..
Im sorry..

End of Taeyeon's POV

"Now that you girls know what had happened"
"Please please please, dont upset her anymore" pleaded Dr.Choi

"She's really going through a very hard time" said Dr.Kang
"We've already tried our best to put Jessica as one of the most urgent patient to get a bone marrow transplant"
"So pleas dont upset her anymore and worsen her condition anymore"

"We wont"
"We.. just.. didnt know.. things are.. like this.." replied Taeyeon&Tiffany
"Can we just go and visit her now?.." asked Taeyeon&Tiffany

"Im sure its possible.."
"But please dont wake her up"
"I dont know how will she react when she sees the both of you" explained Dr.Choi

In the end, Taeyeon&Tiffany went to Jessica's ward and saw Jessica, lying on the white hospital bed.
Dont know why, but Jessica looked exceptionally fragile and weak now.
Wires, needles&oxygen mask were all over Jessica.
And, to take a closer look, Jessica had lost weight, not a little but a lot.
Beside her was Krystal, sleeping soundly while holding onto her sister's hands.
Krystal had also lost quite a lot of weight as compared to the past when they saw the active happy little Krystal.
The two Jung sisters really went through a lot, more than Taeyeon&Tiffany could imagine.
As they stared at Jessica&Krystal, tears just fell off their faces like some broken running tap.
The tears just couldnt stop running down, their heart was aching so much.
The two of them didnt know how much the Jung sisters were going through but just vented their frustrations on them as soon as they saw the Jung sisters.