Nine

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s late evening now and those of them that remained are now just waiting for the paint to dry off so they can pack it up and bring it to the org room. Heechul and Leeteuk are among those who stayed, with Kyuhyun and the Music council members. Of course Kyuhyun stayed, he’s not going to pass up on spending time with Ryeowook. And besides, they really need the help. He does not like Ryeowook tiring himself a lot, although as much as he tried to assist Ryeowook the entire afternoon, the latter clearly overworked himself again. In fact, Ryeowook is now sitting on a chair with his eyes closed and head leaning on the wall, clearly depleted of energy. Kyuhyun is sitting by the floor beside him, carefully watching him in case his body falls down. He’s worried because Ryeowook seemed out of himself since an hour ago as if he’s half-asleep, muttering incoherently and staggering whenever he walks.

 

The others are talking about Hyukjae’s ex-girlfriend. Leeteuk turned to Kyuhyun to ask him of his opinion since he has been silent ever since they started this discussion.

 

“What do you think Kyuhyun? Do you agree with what Donghae said?”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged. “I actually don’t know. And my opinion would not be a good basis after all.”

 

“Why? Haven’t you had an ex before?” Sungmin asked.

 

“No, never.” Kyuhyun answered while shaking his head.

 

“Ha! Even handsome guys get rejected a lot then.” Hyukjae snickered.

 

“Who in their right mind would reject Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook suddenly said quietly, startling everyone. His eyes are still closed and is still leaning on the wall so everyone took a few seconds to realize that he really is the one who spoke. Kyuhyun was even more surprised than everybody else, and his heart thudded at what Ryeowook said.

 

“Well Wookie has a point. You’re handsome and smart.” Donghae agreed.

 

“He’s even more amazing beyond his looks and his brains.” Ryeowook answered again, quietly but clearly, but still not moving.

 

Kyuhyun has not looked away from Ryeowook yet, so he’s very sure that it really was Ryeowook who said that. His heart is beating so fast, flattered that Ryeowook thinks of him that way, hope suddenly flourishing in his heart.

 

“Yes, he sings really well too. But he’s such a smartass most of the time.” Yesung laughed.

 

“It’s part of his charm.”  Ryeowook supplied again, and at this point Kyuhyun cannot help but smile. He zoned out for a while, basking in the joy on the probability that he may have a chance after all. Or is Ryeowook just so out of himself that he’s talking mindlessly? Nevertheless, if Ryeowook views him the way he said it, then he’s not that hopeless after all. He would work hard to make himself a better man for Ryeowook to appreciate him even more, and then maybe after a while, Ryeowook would fall for him too.

 

He was brought back to the present when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned away from Ryeowook and saw Heechul looking down at him.

 

“The paint is all dry now. Let’s pack up so you can bring Ryeowook home already.” Heechul said, nodding towards the unmoving Ryeowook.

 

Kyuhyun stood up and turned Ryeowook’s chair to make sure that he won’t fall down, and then proceeded to help hauling the props to the org room, walking right beside Heechul somewhat far from the others.

 

“You like Ryeowook.” Heechul said. It was a statement, not a question. Kyuhyun looked at him in shock.

 

“Don’t bother denying it. In just a few hours I’ve seen how you look at him, how you follow him around with your eyes, how you light up whenever he talks to you, and how you try so much to get his attention all the time.”

 

Kyuhyun bowed his head. “Yes, hyung. But please don’t tell him. I don’t want him to run away.”

 

“You’re not exactly subtle you know.”

 

“He thinks I like somebody else, so I’m a bit less restrained nowadays.”

 

“Why would you think that he’d run away if he knows?”

 

“Because he doesn’t like me.”

 

Heechul’s eyebrows rose at that. “How can y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter