Six

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a week since the incident with Kyuhyun. Ryeowook cooked a feast then to apologize to Kyuhyun that day as a peace offering, but Kyuhyun still seemed distant to him. Kyuhyun even stayed at his parent’s house during the entire weekend, which has never happened before. Ryeowook feels confused, unsure if it’s because of what he did, or if Kyuhyun has another problem that he hasn’t shared yet, or if it is because Kyuhyun finally figured out his feelings. He wanted to mend their friendship if it’s the first, and he wanted to urge Kyuhyun to open up to him if it’s the second, but he’s afraid that it maybe is the third reason. So being the coward that he is, he’s resorted to not spending much time at the dorm anymore. After all, Kyuhyun does not talk to him much anymore. What’s the use of spending time at a very quiet and awkward dorm?

 

At first he was hanging out at Hyuk and Hae’s dorm, but he feels like he’s being a bother to them, and they kept on asking why he’s there and not at his own dorm. So now, he’s been hanging out at Yesung’s instead, since Yesung’s roommate is a medical student and is frequently not there.

 

“Wookie, you left your phone and Hyuk called so I answered.” Yesung said as soon as Ryeowook entered the former’s dorm, back from buying snacks downstairs.

 

“What did he say?” Ryeowook asked.

 

“He said Kyuhyun dropped by their dorm to share some salad that he made.”

 

“Oh. Okay.”

 

Yesung looked at him with narrowed eyes. “Are you avoiding Kyuhyun?”

 

“Why would I?” he answered, not looking at Yesung.

 

“I don’t know…It’s just that, I’m used to spending time at your dorm, not the other way around.”

 

“Hyung, it’s the finals next week, and I just didn’t want to cause distractions for Kyuhyun. You know he needs to maintain being the top student.”

 

“But you were there during midterms. You were both reviewing together then, right?”

 

Ryeowook shrugged, trying to end this discussion. “It’s finals. He needs to concentrate more.”

 

 

-----

 

 

An hour before midnight, Ryeowook finally went back to his own dorm. As he opened the door, Kyuhyun looked up from reading at his desk.

 

“I thought you’re not going home anymore.” Kyuhyun said irritably.

 

Ryeowook was surprised that Kyuhyun is initiating conversation. “Yeah, I was reviewing.”

 

“At Yesung hyung’s dorm? He’s a senior. Why don’t you review with Hyuk and Donghae instead?”

 

“Just because.” Ryeowook feels Kyuhyun’s irritation rubbing off on him. Why does he need to explain to Kyuhyun?

 

“Doesn’t Yesung hyung’s roommate mind you being there the entire afternoon?”

 

“He’s not there.”

 

Kyuhyun sat up straight with his eyes bugging out. “You were alone with Yesung hyung at his dorm?!”

 

“Yes, what of it? Why are you interrogating me?” Ryeowook shot back i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter