Two

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I asked an Archi friend to make this floorplan so that everyone can imagine the setting better. :)

 

 

Ryeowook opened his eyes and saw that face again. Sharp nose and big beautiful eyes inches away from his face.

 

“You’re a lot closer than usual.” he wondered.

 

“What?” Kyuhyun answered with a frown.

 

“You’re usually across the room.” he responded dazedly.

 

“Ryeowook I think you're still asleep. Or are you drunk?”

 

Ryeowook suddenly realized that he’s awake and this is not a dream. He immediately sat up, shocked.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” he stuttered.

 

“Oh, I’m your new roommate. Hello!” Kyuhyun cheerfully answered.

 

"You're my new roommate?" Ryeowook repeated, not sure if he heard Kyuhyun correctly.

 

"Yes! And I'm sorry for waking you up. Your alarm has been going off for half an hour now."

 

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun carefully, noting that the latter is already dressed. He looked at his phone and realized that yes, he should have been awake 30 minutes ago.

 

"Oh no. Sorry about that Kyuhyun." Ryeowook distractedly said while getting up and rummaging at his closet.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. "No worries. So, I'll be going ahead now. I cooked pancakes and left some for you. They're at the table."

 

"Thanks! See you later. Sorry!" Ryeowook answered as he closed the door to the bathroom in a hurry.

 

Under the warm shower, his thoughts slowly organized themselves. "Why do I always embarrass myself in front of him?! I hope he did not understand my thoughtless answers and figure out that he's been starring in my dreams. He might think I'm a creep! And then he even has to wake me up, how embarrassing! He also made pancakes and I was too rude and did not even thank him properly!"

 

A few minutes and many curses to himself after, he got out of the bathroom and saw that Kyuhyun had indeed left. Multitasking, he ate the pancakes while getting himself ready. In fairness, Kyuhyun's pancakes were good. He's not used to eating food made by someone else other than his mom, since he's usually the one who cooks for his friends. To show his appreciation that he has not properly expressed earlier, he decided to leave a note.

 

The pancakes were delicious! Thank you!

And I'm really sorry about this morning, I was so out of myself.

We haven't discussed our house rules yet so I'm not yet sure what's fine and not. See you later! If you need to reach me, my number is xxxxxxxxxxx.

-Ryeowook

 

Ryeowook walked to the university in a hurry, thinking about Kyuhyun. He's not sure what to feel about having Kyuhyun as his roommate. He knows he's attracted to the guy and he's happy to have him close and see him everyday…but what if he embarrasses himself like this everyday? Or worse, what if Kyuhyun figures out his crush and then avoids him? Living together will be too awkward. He shook his head, ridding himself of thoughts about his roommate. He needs to focus on his academics and his responsibilities for now. It's the first day of the academic year and he wants to start it right (or rather, start it right from now on).

 

 

-----

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter