Seven

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ryeowook was worried, it’s past 3am and Kyuhyun has not come back home yet. He couldn’t sleep so he decided to have some more studying done, but he could not concentrate at all. He stood up and paced the room. After a few minutes of contemplating whether or not to call Kyuhyun again, there was a loud knock on the door. He ran to it and opened it, not even bothering to check the peephole who was knocking.

 

Changmin entered, supporting a wasted Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh my God what happened?” Ryeowook asked, hurriedly putting Kyuhyun’s other arm to his shoulder to help support him.

 

“Kyu drank too much, and I couldn’t stop him. When I arrived at the bar he’s already had a lot to drink but still kept on drinking.”

 

“But he never gets this drunk!” Ryeowook said as they put Kyuhyun on his bed.

 

“I know. I’m surprised too.”

 

Well that tells a lot. Ryeowook knows that Changmin has been Kyuhyun’s best friend since high school. If he hasn’t seen Kyuhyun this drunk yet, then this is definitely a first time.

 

“How about you? Are you driving? You should just stay here.”

 

“I’m fine. I didn’t drink much. I was just babysitting him.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I need to go home now. My parents would freak out if they find the car gone when they wake up.”

 

Ryeowook chuckled at that. “Okay, drive safely then.”

 

“Bye, Ryeowook. Please take care of my bestfriend. He’s…going through something.” Changmin said on his way to the door.

 

“Yes, don’t worry.” Ryeowook said, already propping Kyuhyun sideways to make sure he won’t choke if he vomits. He belatedly realized what Changmin said in such a tender voice. But when he looked up, Changmin had already closed the door and has left.

 

Kyuhyun is wasted and drank so much, and Changmin seems really worried about him. So Kyuhyun really has a problem. Is it why he’s been acting strange? Ryeowook bit his lip, guilty that he did not try to urge Kyuhyun to open up. He was selfish and just thought of his fear of being found out. He took a towel and wiped Kyuhyun’s face, thinking to himself that he ought to be a better friend.

 

“I’m sorry. I should have not left you alone here all the time.” Ryeowook whispered.

 

Kyuhyun stirred a little and held his hand. “It hurts. It hurts so bad.”

 

Ryeowook’s heart broke into pieces. Kyuhyun is hurting, and he never heard Kyuhyun sound this sad before. He gripped Kyuhyun’s hand in response.

 

“I don’t want him to end up together with Yesung hyung.” Kyuhyun resumed to say drunkenly.

 

Ryeowook’s breath hitched. Is it possible for a broken heart to break to even more pieces? He held Kyuhyun’s hand tighter for a few seconds and then let go of it as he wiped at his own tears. He stood up to go to the bathroom, but his legs and hands are shaking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter