Three

Everyday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been 3 months and everything is going smoothly in Ryeowook’s life. His academics are doing well, council work makes him busy but fulfilled at the same time, and he and Kyuhyun have grown very close to each other.

 

Sometimes though, he finds that closeness overwhelming. Kyuhyun can be clingy at times. There would be instances when he’s sitting on his bed minding his own business and Kyuhyun will suddenly sit or lie down beside him, making him listen to a new song or show a trailer of a movie. Sometimes when they watch a movie while sitting on the carpet on the floor, Kyuhyun would rest his head on Ryeowook’s shoulder; and when scenes are funny or scary, Kyuhyun would touch his arm or laugh hysterically while leaning his head on Ryeowook’s body. Those moments would make Ryeowook’s heart beat crazily and he’s afraid that Kyuhyun will hear it.

 

But more than those physical things, it’s when Kyuhyun praises and appreciates him that he feels something deeper than the flutters in his stomach or his crazy heartbeats. When Kyuhyun smiles at him and looks at him with those big beautiful eyes, it’s like his entire being is fulfilled and happy. And when Kyuhyun does small special things for him, it feels like his soul is overjoyed.

 

And these feelings scare him. Because he knows that it’s dangerous for him to feel this way to someone who would not have an ounce of the attraction he has for him.

 

Ryeowook has resorted to asking Yesung to come over whenever he feels overwhelmed, scared of being alone with Kyuhyun. As a matter of fact, Yesung has been hanging out in their dorm about thrice a week these past few weeks. Yesung doesn’t mind since he’s become fond of Kyuhyun as well. The three of them actually sing along together most of the time. And well, Kyuhyun is just easy to get along with.

 

Today is one of those days. Right now, Ryeowook and Yesung are sitting on Ryeowook’s bed, watching scenes from different musicals on Yesung’s laptop. They’re brainstorming for a project proposal as part of the December festivities of the university, which has been assigned to the College of Music. Kyuhyun was at his desk, playing as usual.

 

“What’s up with him?” Yesung whispered to Ryeowook.

 

“Huh? Why?” Ryeowook answered, pretending not to care.

 

“He seems pissed?”

 

Ryeowook shrugged. “Don’t mind him. Maybe he’s losing in his game.”

 

“He’s been like that though ever since he arrived two hours ago?”

 

Yesung was right. Kyuhyun has been grumpy ever since he walked in the room, disappointment clearly etched in his face. Ryeowook did not even have the chance to ask how his first practicum went. He just looked at Ryeowook and Yesung, nodded in acknowledgement, and then proceeded to play and has not talked or got up ever since.

 

Ryeowook is worried. He knows that Kyuhyun is a perfectionist and does not like disappointing people or doing anything below his expectations of himself. So if Kyuhyun messed up his first practicum, he won’t be able to take it lightly. But what happened? He seemed very prepared for it last night, and as a matter of fact even had lots of spare time last night…right?

 

 

*** Last night ***

 

Kyuhyun was working on his lesson materials for his first-ever practicum while Ryeowook was working on his project.

 

“Haaaaw” Ryeowook yawned loudly while pressing his laptop keyboard noisily.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You should sleep now. That’s like your 20th yawn in the past hour.”

 

“I wish I can. I have to finish this though. It’s due tomorrow morning.” Ryeowook whined.

 

“I really don’t understand why you write in your notebook when you know you have to type it afterwards. That doubles the time you have to spend on the task.”

 

“I told you, I feel more creative when I write compared to when I type.”

 

“It’s all in the mind, Ryeonggu.”

 

“Whatever Mr. Genius.” Ryeowook scoffed.

 

Kyuhyun smirked and stood up. “Do you want coffee?” he asked while rubbing Ryeowook’s back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter