Chapter 12 - Unveil the Night -

My First and Last

SM Entertainment’s managers wouldn’t be the infamous one’s they are, if they hadn’t had a crisis meeting merely 5 minutes after the broadcast (scandal) was published. They were quick to gather all relevant information and based on that, they developed a suitable procedure for what to do next. Many phone calls were made that night, even from other group’s managers in order to bring the best result. For once they knew the word ‘teamwork’. The managers really did their best to avert the worst and even though nobody might ever realize what exactly happened behind those walls, the idols could always trust in their managers.

However, Baekhyun was already running.

He was running fast and pushed his way through the halls to meet up with Taeyeon. Usually the guards wouldn’t let him enter the girl’s dorm so easily, especially at night, but seeing his sincerely desperate expression they instantly knew that something was going on and they let him trespass.

Panting, he runs with all his strength, feeling warmer and warmer due to the exercise he’s doing now. “, , ! I …. What have I done?! What am I gonna do?” As he was almost at his destination he stopped, stabilizing himself on his knees as he’s fighting for oxygen. Glassy drops of sweat flow on his face dripping down but they’re still in Baekhyun’s vision. His chest heaving strongly from the running. Baekhyun tries to calm down as best he can. “I… How should I?--- Calm down Baekhyun….. Think….” When he calmed down after a few minutes he knocked at Taeyeon’s room and found her crying with her group mates around her, consoling her. “Baek ---” she could only tearstained utter towards the younger male. “Why--- I’m…… ruined…?” His face caringly, he closed the door behind him and carefully approached Taeyeon. Despite the 3-year between them they became good friends, which is why Baekhyun feels even more horrible for her erupted scandal for which he bears quite a big part of the blame. He comforted her the rest of the evening, not daring to tell her anything about Xiumin yet.

The evening was followed by a meeting, involving Taeyeon and others as well as the managers who explained what everyone had to do from now on. The instructions were simple: Deny everything and Xiumin got a call from the managers (no one knew how they got his mobile number) telling him to stay away from the SM Entertainment Building to avoid any further commotion and for his own sake as well, since he never planned to step into the public to begin with. Without hesitation Xiumin submissively/silently agrees to all the conditions and hoped, that the situation calms down as soon as possible.

For now, there was silence between Minseok and any EXO member.

 

 

 

A week has passed, and Minseok still doesn’t dare leaving his apartment for doing more than what’s necessary. That being the case, Minseok idly lays on his couch staring at the ceiling, wanting to have some fun instead of writing his master’s thesis. The white wall just left too much space for his trapped thoughts to ignore them….

Impressive how his casual and boring life could go astray.

It didn’t take long for the fun to announce itself when a new message ringed on his phone. Minseok smiles when he sees the sender’s name: Luhan. The smile turned into a smirk and both men started talking about their current situation and even ended up talking on the phone.

“Damn, I’m not even sure if we can just talk like this.”

“You think they listen to our phone calls, Luhan?” Minseok laughed.

“Yeah, okay I get it. But what I suggest might not be as safe…… you wanna meet up? I’m sure you’re as bored as I am…”

“You can bet on that! I’m basically avoiding my master’s thesis……” A huge sigh escaped his lips before he continues “But Luhan… I don’t really dare to go outside yet…..” he whines.

“Aaaaah, it’ll be fine Baozi, I’ll be with you, okay?” Minseok could practically see the younger’s charming broad smile on the deer like face and he couldn’t help but to give in.

Instead of feeling calm and reassured, it was a tingle of excitement that flushed through his body when he prepared for their meeting. Eventually he left the apartment to walk under the already dark sky of Seoul.

They met at a small Karaoke Bar and locked the door as well as stuck a bubble gum on the security camera so that the staff wouldn’t know who exactly has fun in the room. Minseok did the same when he was here with Baekhyun before.

Come to think of it, I wonder how Baekhyun is doing and if it’ll be the same feeling with Luhan here in the karaoke.

Of course, they both enjoyed their time screaming out their lungs into the mics as they sang songs from various artists, but Xiumin couldn’t help to start thinking of Baekhyun as they were in the same location.

Being with Luhan was fun. Great fun actually. But so it is with Baekhyun. Why does he repeatedly think of Bakehyun, even though he’s currently not there? Maybe it’s because since the scandal he didn’t talk to Baekhyun nor saw him. He kind of….. missed him….

Suddenly Luhan’s cheerful voice teared him out of his thoughts:

“You know that EXO will have another concert soon, right? Guess who prepared a little something for you?” Luhan shifted closer to Xiumin and the older lowered his gaze and looked into Luhan’s eyes. “You?” He asks softly with his innocent face.

“Absolutely correct!” Luhan says while taking out a black piece of paper and waving it in front of their faces. “Concert tickets ~ well, not exactly but with this you get entrance to our backstage area and you can also see the performances from close.” Luhan smiled widely.

“Wha- really? Oh my god, I’ve never seen you guys live and then from that perspective! Jimin’s going to kill me!”

“Don’t worry, I got him a seat in the first row, I can’t let you die so easily.” He added jokingly. Xiumin could only hug him tightly for expressing his happiness. Luhan’s really the one who knows how to make him happy. He’s a really good friend, who also considers his other friends.

I wonder if Baekhyun would do the same….

What are you thinking of again Minseok? You’re here with Luhan and he’s the one who gave you this gift, no need to compare.

After the short celebration they decided that it was time to go back home.

Luckily, they arrived home safely without causing another ruckus.

 

 

A/N:

As fast as the scandal happed, it vanished. Apparently about a week was enough fot that scandal to calm down. lol it's fiction after all. It's really a boring arc of suspense..... but I guess the ending it the summit of suspense? Please don't hate me for the ending though.... xD

The next chapter will be quite long and Jimin will make a short appearance again!

I hope everything makes sense and there aren't too many typos. Just let me know if there's something I should correct.

Comments are always welcome!