Chapter 2 - Downtown Seoul (2) -

My First and Last

Minseok was right. Everything that happened could be perfectly be summarized as a “it was a bad day”. Nothing too bad happened, yet simply not a good day. Minseok was happy that he could convince the younger so easily, being amused how easily they could talk in the café.

They were sitting in a rather small café that’s rather unknown but is actually a secret spot, because it’s so good.

After introducing each other and talking about Minseok’s bad day, there wasn’t actually a reason to keep talking, having fulfilled their task, but they wanted to leave the other’s pleasant companionship. So they kept talking about everything that came to mind and their conversation went so smoothly it was almost uncanny, considering they didn’t even know each other.

Minseok told Baekhyun about his college life and then Baekhyun notices that the guy in front of him had to be older than him, which caused him as a consequence to blush and apologize multiple times, knowing how important it was to respect his “hyungs”. Minseok only laughed at that, that topic being so important to him, especially since he didn’t mind Baekhyun’s bold attitude.

Even though Minseok was an absolute Coffee lover he made the first move that would lead the two out of the location they were situated in.

“Say wanna go somewhere else?” the older asked coyly.

“I’m not going into your apartment.” Baekhyun teased.

“As if I even wanted a little brat like you in my apartment”

Happy and yet having something within his chest dragging his mood down, he suddenly remembered that he won’t be able to be the bratty and foolish boy he’s been until now. It was only for Minseok’s attentive eyes to see the inner struggle of the adorable boy in front of him. ‘What could bother such a handsome guy like Baekhyun?’ He wondered. He couldn’t fathom an explanation and wanted the younger to feel better, just like he made him feel better after ranting about his ty day.

“Come on” he held out his hand, indicating for them to get going.

Taken away from his worries again, Baekhyun was gladly to take the offered hand to be dragged outside.

By now it was only afternoon but that didn’t stop the sun to slowly fade away. The rest of the time they just walked around the streets stopping here and there to take a closer look at some stores when they saw something funny or interesting. It was at the sunset that they sat down on a bench only sitting next to each other watching the people passing by.

Somehow Minseok had the feeling that he’ll probably won’t meet Baekhyun again after this day. It was an assumption that accompanied his mind the whole day, so he spoke up:

“You should come visit me someday in university.” Pleased by the invitation Baekhyun smiles at the university student.

“Hm, I’m not sure whether I’ll have time for that though... still… of course I’d love to visit you one day!”

Narrowing his eyes, Minseok’s suspicion grew more.

“You’ve been quite reserved with your life in the terms what you’re doing. I mean apparently you’re not an university student, because then I would have seen you on campus…” An awkward yet adorable smile made it onto Baekhyun’s face. That moment he was so tempted to spill the truth but he was too afraid of the consequences from SM Entertainment if they ever found out about him telling someone.

“I’d like to tell you, I really do, but it wouldn’t be right…”

“As long as it isn’t anything illegal, I’m fine with it. Just make sure to tell me one day.” He shrugs.

Hope grew visible in Baekhyun’s eyes and he answered: “Of course, when I see you again, I’ll tell you!” Minseok gave him a warm smile and turned his head again to watch the different kinds of people in front of them.

As if it was some kind of coincidence the two young men had exactly the same thoughts floating in their minds at that moment:

We won’t see each other again after this? It wouldn’t be so soon I guess… But wouldn’t it be kinda weird? I want to see him again… meet him just once more… I don’t know why but it could be something more between us if we had the time to let it prosper…

Each boy gave himself a smirk in defeat knowing that probably nothing’s going to come from this encounter.

Suddenly Baekhyun’s mobile rang and he saw it was Luhan calling him. The same instance he saw the time and remembered his curfew. He didn’t pick up the phone but told the older he had to leave now. Before he could stand up, Minseok tugged at Baekhyun’s shirt.

“Before you leave, I’d like to give you something.” Baekhyun was unsure what to expect. Minseok fumbled in his bag and took out a thin silver colored necklace.

“I might not know that incredibly much about you, but I figured you could make use of something like this.” He held the necklace between their bodies at chin height and Baekhyun’s gaze wandered from the pretty and unique chain to the man who held it. “A good luck charm” he concluded.

He pressed it into Baekhyun’s hands with a genuine expression and said “Good luck for everything, you might need it!” with the gentlest smile Baekhyun has ever seen.

Slightly flustered he replied “Aaah, thanks Minseok-hyung. But uh, I don’t have anything for you though…”

“It’s okay, don’t worry. And now go, you have to leave.”

The farewell was awkward. Neither of them knew what to do. Shake hands? A hug? Just waving the hands?

After some back and forth they ended up with a short and manly hug. The first time this day that they could inhale the other’s smell. They gave each other one last smile and went into their respective directions. Both delighted and already slightly nostalgic from the day.

As the aspiring idol made his way to the dorm, the necklace firm in his hand, he was determined to show Minseok another side of him once he stood on one of the big stages soon. After this day he felt more confident in his life choice and was looking forward even a little more to his debut stage, if that was even possible.

Returning to his apartment Minseok was surprised that the day could indeed still turn into something great. And he thought that this day was definitely worth an entry in his diary. He hopes to see this boy called “Baekhyun” again one day and naturally added a small heart next to his name the last time he wrote it.