Chapter 5.5 - My letter to you, you'll propably never read -

My First and Last

A/N: This chapter takes place after the first paragraphs of chapter 4

 

 

 

What a bummer indeed. With EXO’s popularity he had the chance to reach so many people, yet he didn’t manage to reach the one he wanted. The night of the interview where he had to announce his quest as a failure, Baekhyun just could fall asleep disappointedly. It was driving him nuts that he couldn’t sleep after another exhausting day and hence he decided to stand up and go into the kitchen instead of staring at the ceiling pointlessly. Trying his best not to wake up s he sneaked outside the sleeping hall that was filled with snores and other sleeping noises.

He sits on a chair at the kitchen table, unsure what to do next. Looking around he saw a pen and a shopping list on the table. He took those two things and turned the striped paper around seeing a whole unwritten page. That’s all the space he had to write down everything floating in his mind. It all had to fit on that one paper.

 

Dear Minseok,

Despite everything that happened after my encounter with you, I can’t bear the thought that my life is leading me into a direction astray from you. My Idol life is exhausting and simultaneously great fun. I’m sure you cannot fathom how our single day and your encouraging words helped me in facing my life and all my daily challenges as an idol. The beautiful chain you gave me that meaningful day…I treasure it until this day and whenever I look at it, I can hear your encouraging words. I hope that you at least observed my career a little and saw how well I’m doing. All thanks to you. You might wonder why I never mentioned you earlier in my interviews, but let me summarize it like this: I can’t just easily say whatever I want in the media and at the beginning it might have looked weird for the fans. I hope you can understand this crazy part of my life. After all this time I still hang on you, it’s as if you casted a spell on me that makes me unable to forget you, to long for you. You became a memory in my mind that I don’t want to lose. As well as “the one” person I want to have right by my side, and that, perhaps forever.

 

That’s it, the page is full of his scrawling. He silently rereads his letter, murmuring the headline he gave his letter for Minseok.

Deep down Baekhyun still hoped that he would be able to see Minseok once again. It was just such a small ray of hope, which he couldn’t bear to give up so easily. He takes a deep breath and sighs.

How wonderful it would be if the older actually read this letter one day. This letter that contained so many unvoiced thoughts of which some were even too difficult for Baekhyun to actually utter aloud.

Once more the finished boy sighed deeply. “If he wanted to see me again, he would know how to contact me in some way. Get over it already Baekhyun…”

Strolling back lazily into his bed the young boy, who was now the age as Minseok when they first met, still couldn’t let go of the thought that the letter might actually reach its destined person one day, even though he didn’t consciously knew about that.

Little did he know that his letter was indeed never to be read again (from anyone).

 

 

 

A/N:

Hahaha, I left you guys hanging with a clifhanger the last chapter and now I didn't even resolve the tension xD

The next chapter will continue normally with the story.

FUNFACT: Baehyun’s letter actually fits perfectly on one small sheet of paper. True story. (With my handwriting that is)