Chapter 8 - A Genuine Smile -

My First and Last

It was something natural to happen that Jimin would notice that there’s something wrong with Minseok, because he suddenly became more interested in EXO than he was supposed to be. Not that Jimin didn’t enjoy his friend’s interest in his favorite band, but it was just too suspicious… After annoying Minseok the whole time, Jimin actually got his friend to tell him more than just a “You’ll hate me.”. As expected, Jimin was indeed going nuts when he learned the truth about his friend’s encounter, obviously jealous, but he didn’t hold it against him. There were times when Minseok wasn’t lucky either.

After Minseok’s encounter in the SME building, it was Luhan who took the initiative first and wrote Xiumin a text message. It started with a short “Hello” and ended in a pleasant and ongoing conversation. It took a little longer before the conversation between Minseok and Baekhyun started. Minseok contemplated a lot whether to contact the younger first and Baekhyun felt exactly the same. The day Minseok wanted to start the conversation, Baekhyun was faster and contacted him. The same happening to them as to Minseok’s chatroom with Luhan.

Over the time it became more and more natural for Minseok to come over at SME to meet up with the two as they were trying to fit him into their busy schedule. Sometimes though, he was alone with Luhan and sometimes with Baekhyun, depending on their schedule. And naturally he kinda got to know the other EXO members as they sometimes joined them in the café, enjoying their leisure.

It was a normal day except for that today Luhan and Xiumin decided to meet up outside the save walls of SME. It was already evening when they finally met up at a crossroad in the middle of Seoul’s downtown, an easy place to find each other. Minseok already waited there excitedly and somehow nervous for their encounter, knowing that they’ll have to be cautious in order not to cause a commotion. But on top of that Minseok was excited, because they met up alone and just like normal people. When Luhan came into Minseok’s vision he was stunned. Luhan arrived at the arranged spot covered with a facemask, a hat and the most casual and common clothes he owned in order not to gain any attention. Luckily the night’s darkness was in his favour. Even though Minseok couldn’t see it directly, he saw the happy smile on the boy’s face as he approached him, seeing the boy’s glimmering eyes. Oh, how he wished to see Luhan’s beautiful smile which he came to grow fond of. The gentle expression on his face didn’t go unnoticed by Luhan, who was glad at that moment, that the facemask hid his blushing face.

They started walking closely to each other looking for something to eat.

“There are soooo many delicious things to eat! I don’t know how we should decide ~” Luhan almost whined in his soft voice. Xiumin hummed.

“Right, you don’t really get the chance to try out the different foods here… how about hwaeori gamja?” *

“Sure, sounds good!” he happily agreed.

Occasionally Luhan would bump into Minseok, their shoulders touching innocently, because Luhan tried to avoid any contact with strangers, knowing the consequences he had to face, especially after not telling his manager about him sneaking out. But Xiumin was worth the risk, he thought.

During each of their touches Minseok couldn’t help but feel happy, that the Chinese boy trusted him like this and hence enjoyed their short time contact moments. It’s not like they were touchy with each other in general, so he had more reason to be delighted when they were closer to each other. At first, Luhan was insecure if Xiumin might be annoyed at his soft bumping into him, but as he saw the elder’s understanding smile he was contented that they didn’t always need words to understand each other.

When they got their food, they sat down on a bench in the middle of a grand place, along the lines of: If you want to hide a tree, put it in the forest.

Luhan carefully lifted his facemask from below to quickly bite off of his food, keeping the time his face was exposed to a minimum. Watching Luhan’s coyly act as he was eating, Minseok’s food tasted a little better than usually.

Sitting comfortably in a summer night’s breeze in the city felt very pleasant, but their serene mood swayed when they heard girls whispering behind their backs. Apparently, the girls started to recognize Luhan’s figure or at least they assumed it. Fortunately, both boys were already finished with their meal, so it wasn’t such a bother to stand up then and there.

Luhan’s first instinct was to take Xiumin’s hand and pull him with him, but he hesitates, running out of time while he thinks.

“Come with me.” Xiumin says placing his arm around the slightly taller one, pulling him next to a vending machine where the smaller pushed him next to the wall where the vending machine was. Their bodies only inches apart, they both could inhale the other’s cologne as they waited for the whispering girls to leave the bench they were sitting on. A tingling feeling in their chests and a tickle on their skins, Luhan’s gaze only reached Xiumin’s chin, while Xiumin kept watch for the girls. A few moments like times passed in silence.

When the coast seemed clear the tension broke and they started laughing from their hearts. It was exciting and adventurous for the two. Later that night, they parted ways after having spent their time talking or hiding. After a short friendly hug, they each went to their homes contently.

All happy, Luhan arrives long past curfew in the dorm without getting caught by a manager. With most members already sleeping, he quietly made his way to the sleeping area, while he was greeted by a tired Baekhyun who had exhausting vocal lessons until now. Seeing his hyung’s wide grin Baekhyun knew that he spent a great night with Minseok. Standing in between a doorframe he emotionlessly watched him sneak into his bed.

Maybe because he was older that him, but Baekhyun couldn’t let go of the thought that Luhan was always one step ahead of him, especially now when it came to Xiumin…

That night, it wasn’t just his throat that hurt and kept him awake.

 

 

A/N:

 

Oooooh ~ Baekhyun now has Luhan as his rival???! And appartenly Luhan is interested in Minseok? But is Minseok also interested in Luhan?

Those rhetorical questions are so bad and don't make it more interesting.... xD I hope everything is understandable, if not please tell me.

Comments are highly appreciated!

 

* The food they ate was that: (I never ate that myself though....)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cd/c9/5d/cdc95d187bae1b8c57ce2180419052c6.jpg  https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/9c/e1/f99ce11733d7aa4103c9d1d1e2f6be17.jpg