Chapter 6 - The One -

My First and Last

Neither of them knew what was going on. Minseok could definitively identify the world idol in front of him and Baekhyun the face he has been longing for the past two years.

Even though it was in a way quite an honor that a world class idol knew one’s name, but Minseok wasn’t even a fan and had no clue how the man in front of him even knew his name, because he never had any interaction with him. That, he would know for sure. And from all SME idols he had to be the one Minseok was looking for and who came down. Some uncanny luck he has.

It’s not like his name was very unique, so for a short moment Minseok thought that Baekhyun might be addressing someone else, so he turned around slightly to see if there was another man, maybe standing behind him, but he guessed wrongly, there was no one.

Baekhyun was completely shocked. The person he was trying so badly to forget these past few days suddenly stands right in front of him. This had to be one giant unfunny joke. It took a few moments for him to realize that this was real and that he actually stands in the same room as his savior from his memory. A faint tingle in his chest makes him feel slightly dizzy, yet he could feel happiness deep down it, which he didn’t want to stop from spreading all over his body.

Slowly coming back to his senses and acknowledging this moment to be real he wondered why the other didn’t respond in any way. Maybe he really didn’t want to have anything to do with him after all.

The well-dressed man in front of Baekhyun slightly narrowed his eyes, thinking that this situation is crazy.

“No, my name is Xiumin.” Minseok said, not wanting to reveal his real name, because everything was just so fishy.

Hearing this sentence made the situation unreal again. Minseok had no reason to lie about his name when they were to meet again, considering Baekhyun would recognize him.

“Say… ugh, Xiumin… would you like to come in for a coffee in our company’s café?” his voice so shaky like the first time he was on stage.

Knowing his friend would hate, if not even kill him, after finding out that he rejected an invitation from Baekhyun himself and seeing this as his best opportunity to get closer to his chain, Minseok decided to take the invitation. Coffee was his favorite thing in the world after all, so what could possibly go wrong?

The receptionist apologized from behind for not identifying Xiumin as one of Baekhyun’s friends.

The younger shyly lead the older to the earlier mentioned café. He didn’t know what was going on in his mind. Apparently, the extreme similar physical appearance was enough for him to feel the urge to get to know the other better. On their way there, Baekhyun was happy for not taking a shower first, but also embarrassed, afraid he might smell badly when he met his person after so long again.

Minseok followed the slightly taller boy silently and watched him open all the different passcodes on their way to their destination. Stopping one of the staffs as they entered the café, Baekhyun asked the staff to bring them two coffees. The staff just nodded.

They sit down on a table at the central back of the wide café space, both averting their gazes from each other. Before it could get too awkwardly silent a staff member brought them their requested coffees. Unfortunately, the café was empty, leaving the two young men completely alone in their silence.

The moment the young adults moved from the entrance hall the gossip started to go viral within the SME building. The secret whispers making their way from the entrance hall up to the floor where the remaining EXO members were. Luhan was the first to hear the news and almost shouted loudly “Haaaaaaa?!” These news were enough reason for the adult to make his way downstairs as fast as he could, casually mentioning the news while he passed his other members.

When Luhan arrived at the café’s entrance he bumped the door open. Jokingly scoffing in a loud enthusiastic yet very likeable voice he said: “My boy Baekhyun had finally found his dream girl ~ So it was a girl after all!” Luhan came closer only to see a boy in front of his comrade. A cute one at that. The next moment he just mumbled under his breath: “Dang, how could the information be changed to quickly?! Would be a perfect story for the media though…”

Taking a look at the assumed younger boys, Luhan saw that they both had coffees in their hands and was the first to start a conversation: “Oh wow you lucky guys got coffee, I want one too ~ And by the way, my name is Luhan. I guess you’re his friend?” he said pointing to the youngest of the three.

Before Minseok could even answer, Baekhyun became all flustered and introduced himself as well, very frantically: “I, um, my name’s Byun Baekhyun!!” At that Minseok couldn’t help but chuckle.

“From all the people you two need to introduce yourselves the least. I guess even if one doesn’t actively follow you, one would still know who you are.” Baekhyun blushing slightly at that comment. ”And my name is Xiumin.” With the youngers foolish attitude, the ice was broken slightly, but not enough for Minseok to reveal his real name. You could never know how these idols tick…

Not questioning who the adorable stranger in front of him was, Luhan decided to stay and the three ended up talking casually. Luhan could ask Baekhyun about Xiumin later. They talked about so many things, not once however about the reason Minseok came there to begin with. Their conversation was just too vividly and naturally good.