Chapter 9 - Mesmerized Musing -

My First and Last

A/N: This chapter starts with Minseok.

 

 

 

He sits at his kitchen table, saturated by his dinner, just silently staring into nothing and his head resting idly on his hand. He takes a single strand of his hair and stares at it from the corner of his eyes, because his dark hair is too short to bring it directly in front of his eyes.

Minseok reflects on everything that happened these past few weeks and months. It was true that he was spending time with idols, real idols, but they are only humans, so he never felt like swooning over them. All the time they spend together was proof for him, that they are normal people with quirks and worries. Minseok got to learn about two in particular, for what he was grateful for.

Slightly turning his hair, he keeps inspecting his hair while he let his thoughts go lose. Minseok’s life significantly changed after meeting Baekhyun and Luhan on a regular basis, noticing that their cheerfulness, despite having a jammed schedule, actually rubbed off on him. But also getting to know the other EXO-members felt nice. A faint smile found its way on his lips. He really grew fond of all of them but on a same wavelength basis, not one of a blinded fan to his idols. Though he noticed in general that he looked differently at those two by now. Still being on the same wavelength, but there was a little more accompanying his mind when he thought about them. Even if he doesn’t voluntarily want to admit it, there seemed to have grown something within him without asking for his permission.

How silly to feel like this for two people simultaneously… or maybe one a little more…?

Minseok loosens his grip on his strand and his gaze lingered a few moments on his hand after he let his strand fall. Taking a deep breath, he closes his eyes, pushing him with his hands up at the kitchen table and goes to bed.

 

 

 

 

The Chinese man stands in the shower. One of the few times he was actually alone, allowing his thoughts to only belong to himself while the hot droplets flow down his well trained and thin body.

Luhan was never gay and he isn’t now either. Even when Xiumin came into his life, it didn’t change anything about his uality. He just grew a little fonder of the older than he anticipated. Baekhyun’s friend was also his friend after all. A friend he started to play around with, to have some fun and if he were ever to lose his male ity, Xiumin, he thought, wouldn’t be a bad choice for that. However, Luhan is the type of person who does something like that only with the person he loves, so he tried to convince himself that he feels something for the slightly smaller man, but more than a “He’s cute” really never crossed his mind once.

He turned off the shower, leaving it and elegantly throws a towel around his hips before he leaves the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

Never in his life has Baekhyun played so badly in a game against Chanyeol before. The reason was his agitated mind. Even in the next round Baekhyun asked to play, his thoughts didn’t let him concentrate on the game in front of him.

Ever since seeing Luhan coming home so late after a meeting with Xiumin, the latter kept running through his mind. Not that it was often spared from the cat eyed boy before it anyway, Baekhyun just wanted to grasp why he never leaves his mind, not even for a second. It started to drive him nuts not knowing what exactly happened between them. The grip on his controller got firmer and he uttered an irritated “Ugh”. Half due to his inner agitation and the other half due to Chanyeol catching him off guard in the game.

At first Xiumin was some kind of substitute for his encounter 2 years ago, but after spending so much time with him the older evolved to way more than just a substitute. He became someone who he didn’t want to miss in his life, someone who he liked to share his thoughts with and listen to the other’s in return, someone who let him forget about his busy idol life whenever they met, someone who is always at the top of his contact list in his messenger, someone with whom he could be himself. But does this amazing person think like that about Baekhyun too, even the slightest? That’s the question he likes to get an answer to. But just blurting out all that is happening in his mind to Xiumin would be no good. Xiumin could impossibly think the same, simply because even after their happy times, Baekhyun had the bonus of extra appeal because of his encounter with Minseok two years ago. It was difficult to explain, but he just felt that all that good that Minseok was/did to him, he subconsciously credited it to Xiumin. But apart from that, there was just definitely something ineffable he felt when he saw Xiumin or was thinking about him. The Xiumin that is real and with whom he’s in daily contact with. Not a lingering memory.

The game session ended with Baekhyun winning the last game big-time. Sighing he got some clarity in his mind, understanding his own feelings and thoughts better than in the first few games he played with Chanyeol. That moment Luhan walks in, only dressed in a white towel around his thin hips, shouting in Chinese that the next person can go into the shower. Among all the Korean members in the room, Baekhyun was the only to understand the oldest’s words. His eyes following Luhan’s figure walking though the parlor, he mumbled to himself for no one to hear, that he had to think about him later…

Baekhyun stands up energetically, taking his chance to shower alone. Now it was up to him to act according to his feelings.

 

 

 

A/N:

I hope it became clear that Minseok, Luhan and Baekhyun had their monologues at the same time. Luhan is in the dorm taking a shower and his monologue ends with him putting the towel around his hips. And Baekhyun sees how Luhan leaves the shower with the towel around his hips, after he finished his own monologue. Meaning that it all happened parallelly. I hope it makes sense?

Anyway, this took longer to edit, because I was quite busy at work and the chapter was just so badly written... I fixed as much as I could and even rewrote some sentences. I don't know why this chapter was "extra bad", but well.... the next chapters will be better. And i will be able to update weekly again. :)

Please excuse any tipos or other mistakes. If something doesn't make sense, just let me know.

Comments are always welcome, please tell me what you think!