chapter eleven!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

Johnny had a new customer that was just, plain, weird. 

His name was Yangyang, and unlike most of his customers, he was not a student at Morrisville State. In fact, despite being the same age as Mark, he was not in college at all. He didn't have a job either, as Johnny had discovered when they had their first meet up and discussion at the local starbucks. 

When Johnny had (politely, of course) asked what Yangyang was doing here in Morrisville, if he wasn't going to school or working or had even grown up in the area, Yangyang explained that he was on vacation. Now that threw Johnny for a loop; who in their right mind would take a vacation in ty, ugly college town Morrisville with no beaches or anything of interest (except college age students)? And when Johnny had made a face, it had all just gotten weirder: Yangyang had laughed and said it was kind of a vacation, but he was sent here by his parents. 

Johnny didn't want to pry more. But it was all, just, extremely ing weird. 

But Yangyang had been funny and nice and easy to talk to (as well as pretty desperate for weed), so Johnny took him on as a customer. He would only be in town for a month or two, he explained, so it would be an easy extra bit of cash for Johnny and Taeil for a while, and then less stress when he left, right around finals season. 

Taeil kind of disagreed. He thought that even though the kid was nice his weirdness should not be ignored, and maybe it was the government or one of Johnny's competitors trying to come after him. But Taeil hadn't met him, and Johnny got decent vibes, so Johnny decided to keep him. 

Today was Yangyang's first appointment with them, and because of Taeil's doubts, they decided it would be just a trial run. 

"Nervous?" Johnny asked as they set everything up, waiting for him. 

"Nah. More...curious," Taeil explained. 

And just then, the doorbell rang. 

Johnny and Taeil shared a smile and got up to answer the door. 

"Yo yo yo!" Yangyang excitedly cried as the couple opened the door. 

"Hey, how's it going?" Johnny asked. 

"Litty, as always." 

Taeil grimaced and gave a small smile. 

"Oh yeah, this is my boyfriend Taeil," Johnny introduced. "He manages the finances." 

"Ah, a galaxy brain. Nice to meet you," Yangyang answered, giving Taeil a handshake so firm Taeil had to shake it off afterward. 

"Come in!" Johnny said, gesturing inside, and Yangyang stepped in. 

He looked around and grinned. "I love mini homes," he said. "So cute." 

Yangyang sat himself down on the couch and as he glanced at his phone, Taeil went on his tippy toes to whisper in Johnny's ear. 

"He's wearing gucci." 

Johnny's eyes widened. "Wait, what?" 

"He's wearing gucci. All gucci. An entire outfit of gucci." 

Johnny gave Taeil a look and cleared his throat, sitting on the couch across from Yangyang. Taeil sat down beside him, the two sharing a brief hand squeeze. 

Taeil had been right: now that Johnny got a better look at him, up close, he saw that he was wearing an outfit made up entirely of gucci clothes, including the socks and shoes and watch. His hair was coiffed to perfection; pulling out his airpods didn't affect it in the slightest. But Johnny didn't want his judgement to distract him, so he grabbed the set of joints he left out on the living room table for this appointment. 

"Usually at these things we all just sit around, chat, and test out my weed, and then you can pick." 

"Lit. I like that," Yangyang answered. 

Johnny held up the three joints. "How much do you know about weed?" 

"A lot. I'm definitely an expert," he answered without sarcasm. Taeil held back a snort. 

"Alright, I've got sativa, indica, and hybrid. Which one do you want to test?" 

"Indica," Yangyang said firmly, and Johnny lit it on his end.

"You don't mind sharing, do you?" 

"Nah. I'm a chill dude. Y'all are chill dudes. It'll be lit." 

Taeil gripped Johnny's thigh, as if to tell Yangyang to stop ing saying the word lit. Johnny stopped himself from laughing and took his first hit.

"My turn!" Yangyang said overeagerly, and the afternoon really began. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how do you like Morrisville so far?" Johnny asked as they passed around another one of the joints that Yangyang was planning to buy. 

"It's pretty cool. I like that it's a college town. The parties are kinda lit...I mean, not as lit as other parties I've been to, but still they're alright." 

Johnny and Taeil shared a look. "What...even...brought you here?" Taeil asked. 

"My parents told me to pick a smaller town in America so I picked this one, since it's a college town of course, so I can at least get lit sometimes. But my parents made me come. They made me leave Europe since I kept crashing my mercedes." 

"You were in Europe...and you kept crashing a mercedes-benz?" 

"Yeah. It's not that big of a deal. It's just a car. I always just get a new one. But my parents think it's a big deal so they made me leave Europe and put a freeze on my trust fund." 

"Oh, wow..." Taeil said, he and Johnny sharing yet another look.

"Yeah...sometimes it to be the nephew of Jeff Bezos," Yangyang answered. 

"O-oh," Johnny stuttered. "You're the nephew...of Jeff Bezos?" 

"Yup." Yangyang sighed. "My family is so strict. Like...it's my trust fund, why can't I use it how I want? Why can't I just around and get lit in Europe all the time?" 

Taeil put a hand on Johnny's thigh that told him everything he needed to know. 

"Did they lift the freeze?" Johnny asked, faking considered. Really he just wanted to get paid. 

"Yeah. But they'll freeze it again if I leave Morrisville before the two months are up or try to buy a car." Yangyang finished off the joint and put it in the ashtray on Johnny and Taeil's living room table. "Anyways...sorry to dip so quick but I've gotta help a frat set up for a party." 

"Oh! Taeil and I will go grab you your weed," Johnny said. Taeil gave him a confused look, but he followed after Johnny anyways. 

When they got to the weed closet, Taeil looked up at Johnny. "What's up?" he whispered. Normally, one of them just got it on their own, unless they had gossip to share. 

Johnny turned down to Taeil with a wide eyed, crazed look. "He's the nephew of Jeff Bezos." 

"Yup." 

"Super duper spoiled rich kid." 

"Clearly."

Johnny paused and dropped his voice ultra low. "What if we scammed him?" 

"Wait, what?" 

"Yeah. We should charge him an exhorbitant amount of money for our usual baggie." 

"What if he gives us a bad reputation?" 

"Come on," Johnny answered. "We have our own loyal customers. We don't really need more. And if they ask, we can just say it was Jeff Bezo's son. They'll get it." 

"True, true..." 

"If he doubts us when we tell him the price, we can say we were kidding." 

"That might work..." 

"And anyways. This is Jeff Bezos money. That er has destroyed so many small businesses and abused the out of his workers. We deserve that money more than he does, and more than his rich nephew does either." 

"You know what?" Taeil whispered. "You're right. We've been presented with this opportunity. Why not try to get away with it?" 

"Good. Good." Johnny grabbed Yangyang's baggie, filled with about a gram of weed, off of the top shelf and pecked Taeil's lips. "Let's go get that money." 

The couple held hands and walked into the main room. Looking up from his ginormous iphone (Johnny briefly wondered if that model had even come out yet), Johnny handed him the baggie. 

"Thanks, brah. How much is it?" 

"Three hundred dollars," Johnny said. 

"Alright," Yangyang mumbled, whipping out his phone again as if nothing was wrong. "That's pretty cheap, actually." 

Taeil and Johnny shared an astounded look when they were sure Yangyang was distracted. They both gave Yangyang a smile when the rich kid looked up, and sure enough, a few seconds later, Johnny's phone dinged with a notification: from venmo, for three hundred dollars, straight from Yangyang Bezos-Liu. 

"Well, thank you," Johnny said, trying to hide his absolute shock. 

"Glad to do business with you. Another appointment, same time next week?" Yangyang asked as he gathered his things. 

Taeil grinned. "Absolutely." 

Yangyang gave them each one of those too hard handshakes. "Alright. See you boys. Have fun, stay lit!" 

And with a grin he excited through the front door. 

Johnny and Taeil stared at each other in shocked silence, waiting to make sure he was gone. As soon as the elevator dinged, meaning Yangyang got on, Johnny grinned at Taeil. 

"Hey babe."

"Yeah?" 

"I think it's time we bought a nintendo switch."