chapter ten!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

Johnny didn't mind only living an hour or so from where he grew up. When he first started college, it had been nice to get a break from adulting by going home some weekends. Plus, it was great that he could see his family so easily. 

He was pretty close to his parents, yeah. But who he really wanted to see was his little brother. 

Jeno Suh, Johnny's one and only sibling. 

Johnny would never say it to Jeno's face, but he'd say it to anybody else: Jeno was a little angel child who deserved the whole world. 

They'd fought like normal siblings when they lived together, of course, but their five year always made Johnny feel extremely protective of him. Johnny's parents had told him Jeno was to be taken care of, when he was born, and Johnny had never forgotten it, as long as he'd lived. 

They had their differences: Jeno was a shy kid where Johnny had never been. But they were both athletic and silly and never afraid to have fun, and the older Jeno got, the more Johnny saw him as more than just a family member, a little sibling to be protected: he considered Jeno his friend. 

And Johnny knew Jeno loved him just as much. Jeno had never said it to his face, of course, but he'd never forgotten one of Jeno's essays his parents secretly showed him. From Jeno's first year of high school, the question was: "who do you want to be like when you grow up?" And Jeno's answer had been Johnny. 

So there was no way Johnny would go too far from school. He had to make sure the kid was happy doing well, not getting into too much trouble (but getting into some trouble, when circumstance called for it). 

They texted just about every day but the main event was their once a month lunch: Johnny would drive back to his hometown, go play frisbee with his brother in the park, and then go get burgers from the local diner. No matter what Johnny had going on in his life, there was time for Jeno. And if there wasn't time, he'd make it.

That's where he was at the moment: at his favorite restaurant back home, tired and content from playing in the park with Jeno, ready to down a fat burger. Jeno sat across from him, in their favorite booth: at the back corner of the restaurant, with the nicest shiny red leather seats. 

Jeno took a sip of his chocolate milkshake. "When are you going to sell me weed?" 

Johnny sighed. He couldn't hide anything from his brother so of course he knew about his business. This was a conversation they had at least once a month, for the past two years. But Johnny was firm in his stance. "Jeno, I can't." 

"Do you have some on you?" 

"No, I do not." 

"Why?" he whined cutely, knowing Johnny usually did what he wanted at that voice. But Johnny held firm. 

"Because you're my brother, and it's weird and makes me feel weird. Anyways, you know I don't sell to high schoolers." 

"What about that guy that goes to my school that's a year younger than me? I know you sell to him..." 

Johnny sighed, again. It was pretty weird that Jisung went to the same school as Jeno (and therefore, Chenle and Renjun did too). "Jisung has different circumstances. Anyways, he's not my baby brother." 

"I'm not a baby," Jeno mumbled with a pouty face that absolutely made him look like a baby. "I'm a senior in high school." 

"Oh my god. That's just...wrong. We're both so old." 

"I know," Jeno whined. "It's weird...growing up." 

"Starting to think about school?" 

"Didn't I tell you? I already decided." 

"So what's your choice?" 

Jeno grinned. "Your school, of course." 

Johnny felt a wave of extreme sentimentality pass over him. "Really?" 

"Yeah. It seems right for me anyways...." 

"Oh my god, it's gonna be so fun. I'll take you to all the good restaurants...make sure you stay in decent dorms..." 

"Will you give me weed then?" 

Johnny gave him a look. "Maybe." 

Just then, the waitress approached the brothers, setting their massive burgers in front of them. 

"Anything else I can get you?" She asked. But the boys were already too busy devouring their food.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once the burgers were gone (within about five minutes) and the waitress was on her way with the check. 

"So...have you met anyone...special recently?" 

But Johnny was absolutely shocked to see Jeno's face heat up. Normally, Jeno just pouted and complained about being incredibly single. This was the first time Johnny had ever seen Jeno react like this, especially since Johnny assumed Jeno would text him as soon as some romance happened in his life. 

"Ooh...single Jeno not so single anymore?" 

"Johnny!" Jeno whined. 

"Fine, fine. I won't tease anymore. Tell me all about this person." 

"It's a guy at my school," Jeno explained. "In my grade, actually."

"Wait...I thought all the guys in your grade were ugly or weird or both?" 

"I...I thought he was weird...he still is weird, definitely. But not in a bad way." 

"How long as this been going on?" 

"Oh...about a month or so. We first, kinda...realized we had..." Jeno flushed. "Chemistry, then." 

"A whole month? And you didn't tell me?" 

At that, Jeno deflated. "Well...he...he doesn't want anyone to know." 

"What? But you're Jeno Suh! Anyone should be proud to be your boyfriend." 

"It's not that. It's....his family is super religious. And super not into the gay thing. I mean, they don't know he's gay, but..." 

"Ooh." As much as Johnny was excited for his brother to get a boyfriend, he didn't want him to have to deal with that sort of struggle and pain that came with being in a gay relationship. 

"The thing is...he is still religious. He still really believes, even in the anti gay stuff and all that so it's hard. He's kinda torn." 

"Oh, wow." 

"So it's all moving kinda slow. But....he likes me so much and I like him so much and even though it hurts both of us sometimes, we can't stop, you know? We don't want to stop. We want to figure it out so much. And he's just...caring and affectionate and smart and...oh my god he's so hot, but that's not even it..." 

"How did you two even meet?" This guy did not sound like the friends Jeno usually had. 

"We were assigned to be partners for a group project. At first I was kinda bummed, I mean he's smart and always does his work but he's, like...kinda a teacher's pet and uptight so I thought he'd be weird and awkward, since we've never talked or anything. But we went to my house to work on it and...there was sparks. We were just talking and talking and we couldn't stop. He even ended up spending the night."

"Jeno!" Johnny cried. One thing he did not want to think about was his baby brother doing....that. 

"No no no, it wasn't like that. We didn't even kiss or anything that night. And I told you, he's religious. His beliefs will not let him do stuff. The most we've done is kiss." 

Johnny breathed a sigh of relief. "If something does happen though, you've got to be safe, alright? Do you have condoms? Lube?" 

"Johnny," Jeno whined. "That's too awkward." 

"Okay, fine, fine. As long as you're not being stupid." 

"I'm not!" 

Johnny sighed. "Alright. Alright." 

Just then, the waitress came back with the check. Johnny wordlessly passed her the cash and a hefty tip. 

"Always nice to see you boys here," she said. 

"Always nice to come," Johnny answered, and with a smile, she left them be. 

"Ready?" Johnny asked. Jeno slurped up the rest of his milkshake and gave his brother a grin and a nod. 

"Thank you, as always," Jeno said as they headed out of the restaurant and back to Johnny's car. 

"It's my pleasure, I swear. Now, want me to give you a ride home?" 

"Actually...could you drop me off somewhere else?" 

Johnny gave him a deadpan look. "At your boyfriend's?" 

Jeno looked sheepish. "Yeah." 

"Are his parents home?" 

Jeno shook his head furiously. "No way. Are you kidding me? Do you know how much trouble we'd get in.

Johnny thought about it, and sighed. Johnny wasn't sure if it was worse for his brother's boyfriend's parents to be home or not to be home. "Alright, alright. Get in." 

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Jeno cheered as they hopped in and Johnny started the car. 

As he pulled out onto the main road, Johnny turned to his brother. "What's this kid's name, at least." 

"Oh. It's Jaemin." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: are johnny and jeno close irl? 

1. idk

2. idc

I think we all need best older brother johnny in our lives and jeno was there to be that younger brother. ig mark wouldve made more sense for this part??? but i liked him better as silly a whipped innocent college freshman so jeno took this part instead. i hope yall don't mind.

Love, 

RainbowDonkeys