chapter four!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

Johnny has two best friends. 

One of them is named Jaehyun. He's a put together college student, with a put together boyfriend, a put together real receptionist job, a guy he's known since he was four. 

Johnny's other best friend is the complete opposite. 

His name is Taeyong. He's a former music major, current college dropout, with a boyfriend named Ten that Johnny could only describe as uncontrollable. They met at a party freshman year and hit it off right away; sometimes it was hard to find cool queer arty dudes at a school full of hetero frat boys, so they took a lot of solace in each other, one of the few people outside of their partners. Now, he was trying to make it in the music industry. Taeyong was the only soundcloud rapper Johnny didn't make fun of: he was actually pretty good, and Johnny knew he was on the verge of breaking into the scene. 

Now, Johnny was busy a lot: with his serious relationship, school, and business, there wasn't a lot of time for just chilling with his friends (unless he sacrificed some of his chilltime at home which he would absolutely never do). But when he did have time, Taeyong seemed to always be around: he could work while they hung out, after all, and Johnny and Taeyong loved working on Taeyong's music together. 

So Johnny, with a little bit of free time, was happy to chill with Taeyong for a few hours. It was easy to go see him too since he still lived close to campus (his boyfriend was still in school). The two were sitting together, in Taeyong's studio (this was a new thing; Johnny had never known Taeyong's family to be rich, nor did he have a job other than making music). But having this studio was nice: Johnny was helping Taeyong out with his music, and they were smoking together, of course. 

"Dude, since when do you have your own studio?" Johnny asked. 

Taeyong shrugged. "My boyfriend bought it for me." 

Johnny's eyes bulged out of his skull. "Since when does Ten have that kind of money?" Johnny had only met Ten a couple times, but he definitely wasn't rich either. He didn't come from money, nor did he seem to be able to hold down a job for more than a month. 

Taeyong just returned his confusion with a secretive little smile. "He's been pulling in a ton of money lately." 

"Doing what?" Johnny couldn't imagine what Ten would do to pull in lots of money. 

Taeyong just chuckled and took another hit. "Anyways...Ten and I low key wanted to ask a favor from you." 

"Shoot." 

"So, my mixtape comes out next week, right? So Ten and I wanna have a launch party. Just with forty or so chill dudes like us. And we've got all the liquor coming in, but I think we're gonna need...other refreshments." He turned back to Johnny. "That's where you come in. I was wondering if you could pick us up a whole bunch of weed for the party. We'll pay up, of course, plus we'd love to have you there." 

"Sounds great; what do you need?" 

So Taeyong began listing what kind and how much of everything he needed, and slowly, Johnny got more and more shocked. He had some extras, luckily, but Taeyong's order would definitely max out his prescription for the week. Plus, he could probably afford to buy it all now, but it would not be too good for his savings. How could Ten and Taeyong even afford that?

"Dude, how are you gonna pay for that?" 

"Don't worry about it. Ten will venmo you the money before you go to the dispensary." 

"Alright," Johnny answered suspiciously. 

Johnny's suspicions were proved utterly wrong. 

On the way home from Taeyong and Ten's apartment, he received a notification from venmo. 

It was Ten, paying him 1000$. 

The weed they'd requested was only worth about 500$. 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was the night of the party, and Taeil and Johnny were beyond relieved when they got to Taeyong's apartment. It had been all decked out for the occasion: purple lights, Taeyong's (actually really good) mixtape blaring everywhere, fancy snacks and semi-fancy liquor scattered all over the place. Through the throngs of people, Johnny could even spot a few kinda sorta barely famous alt tiktokers and instagram influencers. 

But both he and Taeil breathed out a relaxed sigh when Taeyong came over to them, wearing a bright smile. 

"You decked this out," Johnny spoke loudly over the music. 

" yeah! It's a big day!" The soundcloud rapper was dressed in a plain white crop top and glitter in his hair. "Hey Taeil, good to see you again." 

"Yo," Taeil answered. Taeyong and Taeil had met a few times before. 

"Can you take these off our hands?" Johnny asked, he and Taeil handing over a full backpack. While technically their was legal, it was still kind of scary to carry around this much, especially since they were headed to a party with it. They'd done their best to make it not too obvious, hiding all the weed in backpacks, but they were happy to get it off of their hands. 

"Is this the- ahhh." Taeyong grinned and hoisted the backpacks over his shoulders. "Thank you guys for this." 

"No problem. Ten way overpaid us anyways," Johnny answered. 

"We tried to send him some back but he wouldn't take it," Taeil added. 

"Oh, speak of the devil," Taeyong mumbled just as the infamous Ten walked over, resting his head on Taeyong's shoulder. The couple were wearing matching outfits, the crop top and hair glitter looking just as good on Ten as it did on Taeyong. Johnny couldn't help but think they really were a ing gorgeous couple. If Taeil ever wanted them to share an...experience with another couple, Ten and Taeyong would be the first Johnny would call. 

Johnny turned to see Taeil staring at Ten, wide eyed. Johnny was a little confused: yes they were handsome and a little wild, and this was the first time Taeil was meeting Ten, but he didn't think Ten's presence would warrant this sort of reaction. 

"You must be Taeil. Taeyong was right, you do have an innate iness about you. I'm Ten." He grinned and held out his hand and a little awkwardly, Taeil shook it. 

"N-nice to meet you." 

Once Ten was done shaking his hand, Taeyong tilted Ten's chin towards him, the two proceeding to french kiss in the middle of their party. 

Taeil gave Johnny a look. 

"They do that sometimes," Johnny whispered. 

Finally, the party hosts pulled away. 

"Alright, we've got to entertain our guests," Taeyong said. 

"Glad you could make it!" Ten added, and the couple walked off. 

As soon as they were out of eyesight and earshot, Taeil grabbed Johnny by the shirt and pulled his closer. 

"I know where Ten and Taeyong get their money," he said quickly, quietly, seriously. 

"Wait, what? How?" This was a big thing for them; they had spent the last three days trying to guess where the money came from. 

"I was reading this article on onlyfans the other day...and Ten is the top male earner on the site. They had his picture and he looked exactly the same and everyone. He doesn't even use a fake name." 

"Oh ...." Johnny gasped and smiled. "So it's camboy money?" 

Taeil grinned and nodded. "Uh-huh." 

"Honestly...I'm kinda..." 

"Curious?" Taeil asked. "Me too. Me too." 

"I wonder if Taeyong's in them..." 

"When we get home, we have to watch." 

"Do you think Ten would mind though?" Taeil asked. 

Johnny shook his head. "I'm pretty sure Taeyong's keeping it under wraps because I think Ten could get in trouble with the school if they found out. Anyways, Taeyong and Ten once asked me to watch them . I think they're kinda voyeuristic." 

Taeil chuckled. "I love that for them." 

The pair looked out at the rest of the party, the people smoking and drinking and laughing with the bass of Taeyong's music reverberating through the whole scene. Johnny loved Taeyong and Ten a lot, but he was exhausted already. Big parties weren't really his thing. And by the tired look Taeil was giving him, Johnny knew it wasn't his thing either. Mingling was definitely something neither of them enjoyed. Both would much rather be sharing a bowl at home, working on their sim house or even watching Ten's onlyfans videos (in a completely non-ual way of course). 

Johnny and Taeil shared a knowing nod. They could pick up their backpacks later, it was time to go home. 

"Ready to head home? I think it's time your sim got pregnant." 

Taeil laughed but grinned up at Johnny. "It's true. You know, your sim's had three babies...." 

Johnny grabbed onto Taeil's hand, soft and warm, interlacing his large fingers with Taeil's much smaller ones. "Let's make sim babies," Johnny whispered, fake seductively. Taeil giggled, and the couple headed home.