chapter five!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

It was a nice, easy day with one of Johnny's nicest, easiest customers. 

Taeil was grabbing the baggies while Johnny was in the front room with Jungwoo, sharing a bowl, talking about random , as per usual, for Johnny's life. 

Now, Jungwoo was an interesting one. He was an incredibly anxious sophomore art major on a full ride scholarship, without help from his parents because he was an art major, so ing broke that he couldn't afford health care. So while weed was kinda expensive, it was cheaper than health care, so Jungwoo had to use it to simply survive. Actually, Johnny had a lot of customers like that. But Jungwoo was by far his favorite. 

Quiet and gentle, he was usually way too nervous to talk about his major. But when he loosened up a little he would say the most interesting stuff about art, and art history, and art culture. 

Taeil came back and tossed the baggie at Jungwoo. Jungwoo missed and it fell on the floor, after a little 'oh!' leaning over to pick it up. 

Jungwoo looked at the baggie thoughtfully before saying...something. Taeil sat down as Johnny leaned forward, trying to hear what his friend had to say. This was the one problem with Jungwoo; he spoke so quietly that sometimes it was hard to have a conversation with him. 

"What?" 

"O-oh, sorry," Jungwoo answered, audibly this time. "I must've been talking too quiet...b-but, guys, this is so much! This is more than what I venmoed you for..." 

"Don't worry about it, my dude! We threw a little extra in. We heard the art department has that big project coming up...we figured you needed it." 

Jungwoo smiled angelically. "Thank you guys so much! You have no idea how much you guys help me and make my life alright..."

"We're just happy to have you as our customer," Taeil answered, just as the doorbell rang. The was just one button press, at first, and then someone repeatedly pressing it. 

Johnny turned to Taeil in confusion. 

"Must be a package," Taeil mumbled. 

Johnny stood up. "I'll go see." 

As he walked to the door, a triad of voices got louder, and louder, until he threw it open, and his heart sank. 

Now, Johnny has a general rule that he never sells to frat boys. Johnny is against the idea of frats in general, but typically, their members are homophobic, racist, and misogynistic. As much as Johnny would like to use the members of those horrible institutions for money, he doesn't like the idea of frat boys having access to his nice weed, simply on principle. 

But, all rules have their exceptions. And his three exceptions were standing right in front of him. 

"Yo Johnny!" Yukhei shouted. 

"Yoooo," Dejun added. 

"What's up my dude?" Guanheng finished. 

Oh god. Oh god oh god oh god oh god. 

"Hey guys! Um...what are you all doing here?" 

"We have an appointment today man!" Yukhei answered. 

Hurriedly, Johnny pulled out his phone and checked his calendar: and staring back at him, was an appointment with one Wong Yukhei. 

. . Johnny had, most definitely, mischeduled. 

"But wait...what are you two doing here?" Johnny asked Guanheng and Dejun. 

"I thought I'd just bring them and we could all buy from you together! Kill three birds with one stone." 

"Hell yeah!" Guanheng answered, high fiving Dejun. 

Now, Johnny liked Yukhei, Dejun, and Guanheng. Why else would he have allowed frat boys to be his customers? They were sophomores, too, and while they all had immediately rushed to join frats last year, they'd also very quickly gained a reputation for being great guys, all around. At frat parties, they always made a point of protecting the girls who attended from creepy dudes and generally getting too wasted, and they especially looked out for wlw. They had very quickly become known on campus as 'the lesbian defenders.' So when they'd hit Johnny up, asking to buy weed from him, how could Johnny have said no? He needed to encourage this kind of behavior! Plus they were funny, and cute (in like a baby way, not an attractive way, at least in Johnny's opinion), but mostly just kind of weird. 

While having all three of them do their appointments at the same time did make it easier on Johnny...it also aroused suspicion, especially with how loud the three frat boys were. Obviously, they'd been chatting about it on their way out. And Johnny just knew Kun had his eye on them, in relation to Johnny's business. 

"Come in, but be quiet though, alright? I've got Kun on my enough. He always seems to be after me." 

"Qian Kun? He's a chill dude," Dejun answered as the four walked into Johnny's apartment. 

Johnny turned back to give him an incredulous look. "Is he?" 

The three boys fell silent. "You're right, you're right..." 

The four finally reached the main room, stopping suddenly. Johnny sighed, deeply. This was the other reason he didn't want all of them over right now. 

Poor, poor Jungwoo. Just one of these guys was probably enough to freak Jungwoo out for days, but with all three of them...Jungwoo would be an uncomfortable mess. He was already staring up at the three frat boys with panic in his eyes. Even Taeil was too. 

"Hey everyone, um...I'm sorry to say, but I kind of mischeduled everything so your appointments kind of overlapped." 

Taeil gave him a withering look, and Johnny stared back apologetically. But to Johnny's surprise, Dejun quickly spoke up. 

"No way, man! It's not a problem. Jungwoo and I had freshman inquiry together; we're cool. He's a bro." 

By the look Jungwoo was giving Dejun, Johnny immediately knew that Jungwoo did not think they were cool, or that he was a bro. The art student gave the frat boy trio a small wave. 

"Um...I'm gonna go get the stuff for everyone," Johnny said. "And Taeil babe, could you come with me?" 

"Of course," Taeil breathed out, and stood up next to his boyfriend. 

"Feel free to share the rest of that bowl!" Johnny cheered as he and Taeil walked to the back of the house where the weed storage closet was. They heard a "hell yeah!" from Guanheng as they walked away. 

"Oh god," Taeil quietly groaned as soon as they were out of earshot of the guests in their living room. 

", I'm sorry..." Johnny sighed. "And of all the people to book together..." 

Taeil snorted. "I know, I know. But it's alright. Yukhei and Guanheng and Dejun aren't . Plus, Dejun and Jungwoo seem to know each other." 

"Jungwoo didn't seem too keen on him though...probably Dejun was just overeager and Jungwoo felt awkward, though. We know how they are. Anyways...we should get the baggies. And try and get them out of here." 

"All of them? Agreed." 

"Yes. All of them. I am...overwhelmed," Johnny admitted with a chuckle. 

"Let's also make sure Yukhei never brings all three of the frat boys around again. Unless we ask." 

"True. Very true." 

Johnny reached up and grabbed the baggies (they were on the top shelf so Taeil couldn't reach) and grabbed his sweet boyfriend's hand, the two walking back towards the main room. 

To get to the main room from the back you had to walk through the kitchen and to the couple's surprise, Guanheng and Dejun were in there. They reeked of weed and were giggling their asses off. 

"What's going on?" Johnny asked. Dejun shushed them and Guanheng kept on giggling. 

"They...hit it off," Guangheng explained. 

Johnny and Taeil shared a look. "Well, here's these," Johnny said, passing the baggies full of weed to the frat boys. They thanked him profusely and venmoed the dealer. 

"Now, let's go check on them," Taeil added. Johnny gave Taeil a nod and the two made their way to the main room. 

To their utter surprise....Guanheng and Dejun had been right. Yukhei and Jungwoo were sitting next to each other on the couch, closer than the couple had ever seen Jungwoo sit next to someone before. Jungwoo had Yukhei's phone in his hand and was clearly putting in his number. Yukhei leaned in seductively close and Jungwoo smiled, ing eating it up. Neither of them noticed Johnny and Taeil had walked into the room. 

"What the ..." Taeil breathed out. 

"I know, right?" Johnny answered, before clearing his throat. The two boys turned to him; Jungwoo blushing a fierce red, while Yukhei wore a little awkward yet proud expression on his face.

"Hey guys. Here's your stuff. I'm sorry that I accidentally booked you two together." Johnny dumped the weed in Yukhei's lap as they shared a look. Jungwoo giggled. 

"Nah, it's no problem, man! No problem at all." Yukhei confidently swung his buff arm around Jungwoo's shoulders, and the art major just giggled even more. "Honestly...I'd say this was a blessing." 

Taeil snorted as he looked back and forth between Jungwoo and Yukhei. "Clearly."