chapter one!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

It started when Johnny was in high school. 

He'd had pretty bad insomnia since his freshman year but by the time he was a junior, it was completely unmanagable. After trying basically every drug, his doctor suggest weed. And thank god Johnny's parents were chill as . Because he got a sample, it ing worked, and Johnny had a med card in his wallet a week later. 

His parents weren't quite chill enough to allow Johnny to take advantage of that card and make a whole business out of it. But his doctor had way overprescribed, and it was when Johnny was giving away most of the weed he was prescribed that he realized he could make a business out of it, as long as he kept it a secret.

It started low key, just to his friends and people in the know, people Johnny trusted. After all, if anyone found out about this, he could get his med card taken away.

And he'd kept it low key, even once he got to college. He was still friends and by appointment only; he screened people before selling to them too. There had to be a system of trust, especially since medical was legal in his state, but recreational was not. People trusted him to sell them good weed and help with their problems, and Johnny trusted them to fund him and not rat him out. 

Even if his business stayed small, though, his reputation only grew. Most of the other dealers on his campus way overcharged for ty weed. Johnny had nice, dispensary, medical grade pot at a fair price. By the time he was a sophomore in college, he was known as the best dealer on campus. 

Honestly, Johnny was so grateful for it. Not only did he barely work and still have enough money to support him and his boyfriend completely, but it kept him from getting to addicted to the weed. If he wasn't selling it off, Johnny knew he'd just smoke his whole prescription away, and his prescription had only grown since his business began (faking more problems to get more to sell). 

Technically, he didn't even need the med card anymore. Being able to sleep next to his boyfriend Taeil had pretty much fixed all of his problems. 

Speaking of Taeil, that cute boy was walking over to Johnny. Johnny was prepping breakfast in the kitchen and Taeil gave him a hug from behind, burying his head in his back. Taeil was barely tall enough to snuggle into his shoulder. 

"Babe, you feel like a little monkey on my back." 

"Shut up," Taeil sleepily mumbled. Technically it wasn't the morning, it was one o'clock in the afternoon, but they had both just woken up. Their lifestyle had kind of adjusted itself to the business and it, it was a Saturday.

"There's coffee for you." 

Taeil hummed and slowly moved off Johnny, the tall boy frowning at the loss of warmth as Taeil grabbed a cup. "Any customers today?" 

Johnny shook his head. "Clean day today. Is that alright?" 

Taeil got up on his tiptoes to peck Johnny's cheek. "Sounds perfect." 

Usually, Johnny had a few appointments with customers a day. Sometimes it was just them coming over, grabbing their baggie, and leaving, but most of the time they weren't sure exactly what they were going to buy. Johnny did his best to make it an experience: he'd have a little bit of a few different kinds prepared, depending on how they wanted to smoke it, and they could share it together and decide what kind was the best fit. But once a week, the boys made sure to not have any customers and not smoke, just have a day to themselves, sober. Johnny figured that was one of the reasons he and Taeil were the happiest college students he knew. 

But Johnny knew, too, that it was because they had each other. They two boys had met at freshman orientation and ended up living on the same floor of the worst dorm in their semi-nice but public university in their state. They'd started dating a week later, and just...never broke up. 

Taeil had never minded Johnny's business. In fact he supported it whole heartedly; it was his idea to get an off campus apartment after freshman year of college: partially so they could have some privacy (and without being worried about roommates hearing), and partially so Johnny could expand his business without worrying about being caught by the RA. Over the years Taeil had become involved too: while Johnny ran the weed obtaining, marketing, and selling of the product, Taeil dealt with the money: making sure they got a profit, making up fair prices, keeping track of the money, and dealing with taxes. All their work even led them both to declare as business majors (they were the of the entire business department's joke, but nobody on campus made more money than them). 

Actually, when they first met, Taeil had never tried weed before. Johnny chuckled just thinking about it; Taeil was now a certified stoner, just like himself. Of course they had their boundaries and tried not to go overboard.

Johnny finally finished breakfast and set two plates for them down on their kitchen table, Taeil giving Johnny an adorable, sleepy grin. Taeil's hair was sticking up every which way and Johnny sighed softly. What did he ever do to deserve a boyfriend as angelic as Taeil?

"Is it good?" he asked as Taeil took his first bite. 

"Delicious. As always, love." 

"Do you have any idea of what we should get tomorrow?" Sundays were dispensary days; although they usually had customers in the afternoons and evenings, the first part of the day was spent going to the dispensary (which was a decently long drive; the only dispensary in the state was in the capital city, which was an hour out of the way on a good day) and testing their new products once they got home. They couldn't just stop in though; they needed to plan for the coming week. 

"Uh, didn't you tell me Jeongyeon wanted edibles?" Taeil asked. 

"Right! That's right. Add that to the usual list." And so they spent the next few hours or so planning for their trip to the dispensary, a necessary sacrifice to maintain a job that both paid more than any cafe or restaurant, and because of all the friends they made through it, was far more fulfilling. 

Once everything was planned Johnny carried the dishes to the sink and began to wash. 

"But you made breakfast!" Taeil whined. 

"But I'm already done." Taeil made a pouty face but let Johnny tilt up his chin to give him a soft kiss. Taeil leaned into it; despite the height difference with Johnny standing, bending down and Taeil sitting it was comfortable, easy, safe, home. Just like Taeil always felt to him, even when they first met, even more now three years later. 

"What are you doing today?" Taeil mumbled against his lips. 

Johnny snorted. "Jack . You?" 

"I have to work on my final thesis." 

The boys simultaneously groaned. Now that they were college seniors, their schoolwork had begun to pile up like never before. With handling the business as well, sometimes things could get really chaotic. But at the end of the day what was most important was each other, and they'd always make time for that. 

" that. Just come cuddle in bed with me all day. We can work on our sims house..." The two projects that the couple were working on was their business, of course, as well as their sim house. They had spent a couple of hours one afternoon sculpting sims that looked exactly like them and now they were trying to build the perfect mansion for their sims, no cheats allowed. "You know, I finally figured out how make guy sims pregnant..." 

Taeil rolled his eyes but smiled. "Fine. I'll chill with you today, as long as I can impregnate your sim." 

Johnny smirked. " yeah! It's a win-win for me." 

So they finally showered, at four pm, and got changed into less dirty pajamas and made back for the bed that they'd only left a few hours before. Johnny laid down and Taeil flopped on top of him, pulling his much shorter boyfriend closer. He hugged him tight while Taeil smiled up at him. 

Johnny placed a deep kiss on his boyfriend's lips. "I love you so much," he mumbled. 

"Love you too. Now turn the laptop on! Sims takes forever to load." 

Johnny chuckled and his laptop, sitting up with Taeil beside him. Taeil rested his head in the crook of Johnny's neck and Johnny wrapped his strong arm around Taeil's shoulders, putting the computer in his lap. 

Yeah, maybe their lifestyle was a little unconventional. But Johnny had a whole business, the best of friends, and the chillest boyfriend. What more could he ever ask for?