chapter fifteen!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

Without question, Johnny would always describe himself as a for Christmas. 

He loved that . From tree decorating, to hearing All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey everywhere he went, to the smells of spices, to gift buying and gift wrapping and gift giving and receiving, to time with family and time with a ty movie and all the food you could eat, he ing loved it. So far in his life, not a single Christmas had gone wrong or failed expectations, and he'd had some pretty good ones over the years. But this years Christmas was shaping up to be the best one yet. 

It was his first Christmas with Taeil. 

After talking with Taeil and his own family, Johnny realized that now they'd been together long enough that they should start spending holidays together. After all, Johnny was prepared to spend every Christmas with Taeil for the rest of his life, why not start now? So since Taeil's family wasn't quite so Christmas obsessed (or Johnny obsessed), plus since Johnny's family lived so close by, they were going to Johnny's for the holidays and staying for two weeks, to both of their absolute delight. 

They were leaving in a few days so they'd done all the unimportant preparations, like packing and cleaning the house, so now they were working on the most important task of all: gift wrapping. 

Now, Johnny's business made him money, so there was nothing he liked more than to buy an exhorbitant amount of gifts for his family members. Not to mention his business family, his extended college family, his weed family. So there was quite a bit of wrapping to do. 

Johnny and Taeil decided to make a date of it: staying in matching snowflake print pajamas all day that they'd bought for this very occasion, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer playing on the TV in the background, hot cocoas with mini marshmallows sitting on the living room table, wrapping the ridiculous amount of presents Johnny planned to give.

Taeil suddenly looked into Johnny's lap with wide eyes. "Wait...didn't you already wrap a nintendo switch?" 

"I got one for each household in my family. So one for my brother and parents, one for my uncle and his family, and one for my aunt and her family." 

"You are too nice Johnny. You know they'll just get you socks. Anyways, how could we even afford that?" 

"A month of selling to Yangyang paid for all of these. Don't worry babe, we are sooo good. Well...we did kinda get exposed for overcharging him at the party." 

", we did?" 

"Yup. Dejun and Guanheng outed us." 

Taeil rolled his eyes. "Of course they did. Who else could have?" 

"Yangyang wasn't mad though, thank god. I shot him a text after the party and he said it was fine and we charged less than others anyways. He's moving back to Ibiza though, so I guess it doesn't really matter." 

"I still can't believe we sold weed to the nephew of Jeff Bezos," Taeil mumbled. 

"Right? Like what the was that?"

"This semester was just weird in general." 

"Agreed, absolutely." Johnny looked at Taeil's wrapping. They had broken the gift categories down in two sections: Johnny's biological family, and Johnny's weed family. Johnny wrapped his biological family, and Taeil was wrapping all the weed gifts: homemade weed brownies, that Johnny and Taeil had baked together the day before. 

"Who are you on now?" Johnny asked. 

"Kun." 

"Speaking of weird things that happened this semester..." 

"Ending my years long rivalry with Qian Kun? I don't know if anything crazier happened." 

"What about your brother's weird boyfriend showing up at our house at eight am?" 

"Okay...maybe you're right about that."

"Or setting up the world's horniest pizza shop cashier with the world's iest but coldest starbucks barista?"

"Oh right! Yuta and Sicheng," Johnny said. "But wait....what about accidentally setting up Yukhei and Jungwoo?"

"Now ...that was weird."

"And what about the world's biggest type A mother er Kim Doyoung getting high with us? And then playing spin the bottle with us?"

"Man, that was weird," Taeil admitted. "But what about when those high schoolers made out at our house while their friend watched?"

"Renjun did not watch Jisung and Chenle on purpose!" 

"Doesn't make it that much more normal." 

"Still..." 

Taeil sat up. "What about when your best friend's boyfriend turned out to be a famous onlyfans streamer?" 

"Dude! That's right! Speaking of, we have to go watch his new video series. Apparently Ten got a maid outfit," Johnny said.

"Wait, seriously?" Taeil asked, and Johnny nodded. "After we finish wrapping presents, let's watch it." 

"Wait...what about when you basically adopted a cute and then helped him and his cool best friend to confess their feelings?" 

"Oh, Mark and Donghyuck. I think those two would still be mutually pining if it wasn't for Donghyuck fessing up that day in our living room." 

"I hate it, but you're right." 

"I hate it too. But ....I don't care if it has been weird, or if they're weird. I love them all." 

"Same." Taeil finished up Kun's gift and looked Johnny in the eye. "Hell though Johnny...I love you most of all." 

"Babe," Johnny whined shyly, pulling Taeil closer to him. "I love you most too. I hope you know that." 

"I do. Of course I do." 

"You know...this life we have...it didn't just come out of nowhere. We built this: friends, family, a decent house, happiness, we built it together. I couldn't have done it on my own. There's just no way. I owe you everything." 

"Johnny, you don't owe me a thing." Johnny tilted his head in confusion, and Taeil looked away shyly, the way he always did when he was about to say something extra cheesy. "Your love is enough." 

"Agh!" Johnny cried, pulling Taeil's much smaller frame into his arms, simply holding him there. Everything he'd said had been absolutely true. But there was more to it: none of it, the friends, the family, the decent house, the happiness, meant anything without Taeil. Johnny would sacrifice any of it if Taeil needed, if Taeil asked. And he knew Taeil would do the same. 

Johnny placed a little too gooey kiss on Taeil's kiss and cupped both his cheeks in his hands. 

"Wanna share a bowl?" 

Taeil grinned. " yeah babe." 

~~~~~~~~~~

When the couple was significantly high, and significantly distracted from their present wrapping, Taeil turned to Johnny. 

"What the hell are we gonna do after college?" 

Johnny snorted. " if I know. Maybe more of this? But like...I don't wanna sell weed to college students until I die." 

"Yeah...we can do better, I think." 

"I dunno...maybe we could move to a state where this is legal and open up a dispensary or some ." 

"Johnny, do you know how ing brilliant you are?" 

Johnny laughed a little too loud and flopped his ginormous limbs onto Taeil. "No you." 

"You." 

"You." 

"You." 

"You."

"You."

"You." 

"Let's get hitched when we graduate." 

Johnny froze. "Taeil....are you proposing?" 

Taeil shrugged. " it, man, I guess so." 

"Damn...it's so us to do it like this, in our dirty living room, high as , laying on the floor, no ring or anything." 

"Do you mind?" 

"Not at all." 

"So do you accept?" 

Johnny laughed and pounced on his boyfriend, well, , probably fiance now. "Of course I do...of course I do." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: aaaaaand that's it! I kinda can't believe it's over. It was not supposed to take this long to write (i had planned on finishing over a month ago) but i hope you all liked it anyways. can't believe this whole thing came from a short convo w my fave twt moot about stoner!johnny and cluelesscollegefreshman!mark hotboxing in johnny's car while johnny gave out life advice. 

did you all like it? hate it? have literally any thoughts about this story at all? PLEASE let me know in the comments below. i really appreciate it! comments help me in so many ways: they help me get new ideas, grow as a writer, write things that people will like, and motivate me, of course. so you don't have to but i really appreciate comments!

time to plug myself: i have TONS of other fics of varying genres and groups (loona exo a few shinee and ofc nct) up on here. the older ones are iffy but if you like my writing it would make my day if you checked out my other works! i am also currently writing a viseul teen summer au. and as for what's next... i plan to write some oneshots: a baekyeol, another viseul, and a chensung before i write another chaptered fic. so keep your eye out for those. 

anyways this a/n is so long so bless ur heart if u actually read all of this. 

i love all of you and hope to see you on the next one!

sincerely, 

rainbowdonkeys