chapter fourteen!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

Finals were finally, finally over, winter break was here, and Johnny and Taeil needed to celebrate. 

So, they decided to throw a party. 

They invited all of Johnny's most favorite customers and friends, moved every pillow and chair in their home into the living room so people could sit around and chat comfortably, and piled up on all the snacks and alcohol they could afford (let alone the amount of weed necessary for an event like this). 

The doorbell rang right at eight, the party start time, and the couple excitedly raced to open the door. Standing before them was their former nemesis Kun, grinning from ear to ear. Despite his newfound love of , he was still the kind of uptight freak that arrived right on time to parties. 

"Yo," Johnny said, sharing a bro hug with Kun. 

"Hello guys."

"We're so glad you could make it!" Taeil cheered. 

"Ah, wouldn't miss it for the world." 

"Come in! How were finals?" Johnny asked as he led Kun inside. 

"Horrible, as always. But much easier than normal now that I could go smoke a fat joint at the end of studying at night." 

"Thank god you finally came around to the right side of history. And speaking of fat joints...." Johnny held up the item in question. 

"Bless your hearts," Kun answered just as the doorbell rang again. 

Johnny passed the joint to Taeil before answering the door, grinning at his next guests. 

"Yuta? Sicheng?" Of course he'd invited both of them, but he hadn't really expected them to arrive together, let alone holding hands. Huh....maybe his matchmaking at the beginning of the semester had worked out. 

"We brought pizza!" Yuta said excitedly, holding up a couple boxes. 

"And coffee!" Sicheng added, more smiley than Johnny had ever seen, holding a couple big containers of Starbucks. 

"Thank god, I know I'll be needing both of those soon enough. Come in!" 

The two customers came inside and set their food down on the table, taking seats on the couch beside each other (thighs fully touching). Yuta wrapped his arm around Sicheng's shoulders and began to affectionately play with his ear. They didn't have to say anything; Johnny knew his matchmaking had most definitely worked. 

Just as he went to sit the doorbell rang, again, and he groaned and went back to the door. Already, Johnny could hear loud voices coming from outside. He already knew who it was. 

"Hey guys-" 

"Yoooooo!" Dejun, Guanheng, and Yukhei cheered simultaneously. But to Johnny's surprise, a fourth head poked its way from behind the frat boys: Jungwoo, holding Yukhei's much bigger hand and grinning from ear to ear. 

"Do I smell pizza?" Guanheng spoke up. 

"Hell yeah man let's go!" Dejun answered. Without another pause, Dejun and Guanheng s their way around Johnny into the living room. 

"Hey Johnny?" Jungwoo asked in his tiny voice. 

"Yeah?" 

"Dude, we just wanted to thank you. That day you ed up our appointments was one of the luckiest days of our lives," Yukhei said.

"Yeah! Without you, we never would have met..." 

"And fallen in love," Yukhei finished. Johnny didn't know whether to coo or vomit over the couple, who were now nuzzling noses. 

"I'm just glad to have helped. Now, come on in!" 

~~~~~~~~~~

By the time everyone arrived at the party, Johnny and Taeil's tiny apartment was packed. But still, it was nice. It made it easier for Johnny and Taeil to chat with all of their guests.

Johnny, of course, made his way first to best friend 1/2: Taeyong, and his boyfriend Ten. The two were lounging on the floor, sharing one of the bowls Johnny and Taeil provided. 

"Hey guys! How are you two? How's business going?" 

"I made soundcloud front page!" Taeyong cheered excitedly. 

"And of course, for me, business is going better than ever," Ten added with a wink before chuckling. "If you think I was successful before..." His voice dropped to a whisper. "I got this Alice in Wonderland maid outfit and since I've been wearing that in streams...my profits have gone like-" He made an upward motion with his hands. 

"Oh damn," Johnny said, thinking about how he and Taeil would have to watch it later.

"Johnny! Johnny!" someone suddenly called, and Johnny gave them a smile. 

"Duty calls," he spoke to his friends, making his way over to the source of the noise. 

It was an overly excited Mark, tucked into Donghyuck's side. He still mostly looked like the dork he was when Johnny first met him. But, he'd dyed his hair a vibrant pink and grew it into a mullet, and Johnny's warmed at how much more he could express himself. From the way Donghyuck gazed at him, with the purest love in his eyes, Johnny knew it was all him and his confidence, transfered to his sweet boyfriend. 

"What?" 

"Just wanted to say hi," Mark answered. 

"Alright boys. Smoke up!" Johnny said as he stood up, making his way to best friend 2/2. 

Jaehyun and Doyoung were sitting on one of the couches, sharing a very tasteful joint, and Johnny straight up laughed and Jaehyun's amazing restraint around his boyfriend- if he was alone here, he would've been as high as a kite right now. 

"Hey boys, what's with this? Get you something fatter!" 

Doyoung turned a little bit pink. "I'm not sure if I want a repeat of what happened last time I got a bit too high in this apartment..." 

"Come on, you know it was hot as ," Johnny teased, and Doyoung flushed even more. 

"It was your idea anyway, babe," Jaehyun added. 

"Okay, fine. Maybe it was my idea to play spin the bottle, and maybe it was hot. But I'd like to forget about it please." 

Johnny laughed. "I don't know if I can let you." 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was a little deeper into the evening, when everyone was a little bit more ed up. Inhibitions gone, for the most part, vibes on. 

That was when Johnny spotted Yangyang on the couch, laying on top of Dejun and Guanheng- both of them, with lowered, seductive eyes. 

Johnny snorted and leaned in for a closer watch. 

"Yeah, Johnny's the ing best," Guanheng said. "Good quality and so cheap." 

"Right? Only three hundred bucks for a gram," Yangyang answered. 

"Wait...Johnny charged you three hundred dollars? For a gram?" Dejun asked. 

"Yup, it's pretty lit. Other people have charged me way more in the past." 

Both Dejun and Guanheng started laughing. "Bruh...Johnny scammed you as ." 

"Wait, what?" 

"He charges us like seven bucks a gram," Dejun admitted. 

Yangyang rapidly sat up with wide eyes and Johnny grimaced at him. But with a sigh, he ended up flopping back down onto Guanheng's lap. 

"I guess that's what I get for being the nephew of Jeff Bezos." 

Johnny breathed a sigh of relief and turned to look around the room, his eyes eventually landing in the corner of the living room where, of course, Jisung and Chenle had their tongues halfway down each other's throats. 

The dealer barely held back his vomit before noticing Renjun sitting by their side, pointedly staring at his phone. Johnny sighed and made his way over to the forever third wheel high schooler. 

"You okay?" 

Renjun sighed, giving Jisung and Chenle and brief grimace. "As good as I can be." 

Johnny sighed back. He low key wanted to offer the poor kid some weed, but he high key knew that would be a bad idea.

"I am...so sorry this keeps happening," he just ended up saying. 

"It's fine. Someone here is more pissed than me." 

Johnny turned to the couch to see Jaemin absolutely glaring at his brother, a very stoned Jeno clutching his arm. Johnny sighed. He'd have to go deal with this. 

"I have so many things to say," Johnny said. 

"Me too," an obviously totally sober Jaemin started. "But...I should just leave it be." He grimaced at his brother. "He's making his own way, I guess. And...." the higher schooler flushed. "It would be hypocritical of me to tell him to stop." 

Now...this was a different Jaemin than he remembered. He was still dressed like a mormon missionary, still judging his brother. But he was letting him be free...and he was letting himself be free too. Coming here with Jeno, being open about their relationship...even making out? It was progress. And Johnny couldn't help but be happy to see it. 

However, there were more urgent matters at hand. 

"Jeno....why are you high? I said you could come but that you couldn't touch the weed!" 

"Johnny!" Jeno whined cutely and nuzzled into Jaemin's shoulder. "It was right here. I couldn't help myself." 

Jaemin gave him an utterly affectionate glance. "Don't worry Johnny. I'll make sure he stays safe." 

Johnny smiled back at the kid. He believed him. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Johnny and Taeil hadn't bothered to check the clock since the party started, but both knew it was late. All of their guests were still over, but Taeil and Johnny didn't mind. it, they could all crash here at their apartment if they wanted. 

Eyeing their utterly stoned guests, an utterly stoned Taeil snuggled himself into an utterly stoned Johnny's chest. 

"It's nice we have friends like this," Taeil mumbled. 

Johnny shook his head. "No....it's nice we have family like this."