chapter twelve!

Dude, You Gotta Get It From Johnny

A/N: i am....so sorry. i know its been a long time (more than two weeks, oops!) since my last update so...again, i am very sorry. i was on a little vacation but now im back! i hope you like this chapter and as always, let me know what you think! comments are my fuel to keep on updating. now...lets get on with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday at 8:30 sharp in the morning, someone knocked on the door to Johnny and Taeil's apartment. 

Johnny groaned loudly and gave Taeil, who had also been woken up about five hours before their usual weekend time, a pained look. 

"Dude..." Johnny mumbled. 

Taeil just whimpered. 

"Maybe they'll just leave if we ignore them." 

"Mmph," Taeil answered in agreement, pulling Johnny back down into their bed, snuggling together. 

But the knocks didn't stop. They just got louder, and louder, and louder, and Johnny groaned again. 

"Why?" 

The giant drug dealer flopped onto his back. This was ing annoying. One of the few things he asked for in life was to be able to sleep until ridiculously late hours of the afternoon on weekends...and that right was now being stripped away from him. 

Johnny turned to look at Taeil. His boyfriend look just as miserable as he was. 

"Open up please," the annoying knocking person spoke through the door. "I know you're in there." 

"," Johnny mumbled and gave Taeil a kiss on the cheek. "Sleep, babe. I'll deal with this." 

"Ya sure?" 

"Mmh." 

Johnny put on a pair of boxers and a t-shirt that he and Taeil had...thrown off the previous night (judging by how tight the t-shirt was, it was probably Taeil's) and made his way to the door. 

He threw it open, and standing before him was a boy Johnny had never seen before in his entire life. 

He had slicked back blonde hair, a button up shirt, decent pants, and even a little tie. He looked like a high school aged mormon missionary and he looked awake. At 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday. 

Yeah, Johnny was pissed. 

"Are you not ashamed to be greeting the door in a crop top?" this boy asked. 

Johnny looked down. Yup, this was Taeil's shirt, which did look like a crop top on him, his chest hair sticking out. But nevertheless... this guy. 

"Are you not ashamed to be showing up to a stranger's house at 8:30 in the morning?" 

"8:30 isn't early." 

Johnny sighed deeply. "I guess we run on different schedules then. You see...8:30 in the morning is like...three in the morning for me. You showed up, a complete stranger, to my home, at three in the morning. Anyways...how did you even get into the building...." 

"8:30 isn't early," the kid just repeated. 

Johnny stared him down. The kid was tall, but not nearly as tall as he was. "Who the  are you?" 

He cleared his throat. "My name is Park Jaemin and I am here to talk about my brother." 

Jaemin...Jaemin...the name sounded familiar to Johnny, but his sleep addled brain could not for the life of him remember where he'd heard it from. Oh well. He'd probably remember once he drank some coffee. 

Now...back to the matter at hand. His brother?

"Who's your brother?" 

"A certain customer of yours by the name of Jisung." 

"Uh....okay. Do you want weed too?" 

This guy apparently named Jaemin looked truly angry for a moment, before schooling his face back into a cool smile. "No. Absolutely not." 

"Then..." 

"Then I'm here to tell you to leave him alone. You do realize that you are selling illegal drugs, ma-ri-jua-na, to a high schooler, right? You are an adult selling illegal, mind altering substances to a high schooler. He was a good kid, you know? Now he just runs around with exchange students, and hasn't been to church in more than a year..." 

Johnny squinted, thinking. Jisung usually had his appointments in the morning. Sunday morning....when he was probably supposed to be at church. 

Johnny barely held back a laugh before remembering the absolute weirdo he was dealing with. 

"So you're doing this because you think Jisung is going down the devil's path because he smokes a little weed?" 

"Yes. That's exactly why I'm doing this." 

Johnny sighed. "Look. If you think the weed and the exchange students are bad for him, then I don't think you know your brother very well." 

"You're saying that you know my brother better than I do? That some drug dealer knows Jisung better than his own family?" 

"Yeah. I am. Jisung had severe anxiety that his parents refused to treat and no friends. Now he has a way to self treat his anxiety, and some friends. I can promise you he doesn't do that much. I know he's a minor so let him buy way less off me than I let other clients. He doesn't buy from anyone else. Plus...this is my livelihood, dude. This is how I make my money." 

Jaemin did not look satisfied by a single thing Johnny had just said. 

"If Jisung has anxiety, then why does he have good grades, and a part time job, and is a member of the dance club?" 

"He told me your parents made him do all that stuff, and that if it was up to him he'd take it easy. Don't your parents make you do a lot too?" 

Jaemin looked down sharply and all at once a pang of pity came over Johnny. This wasn't some evil policeman trying to shut down his business. This was a high schooler trying to look out for his brother in the way he thought best. 

"Are you older or younger than Jisung?" Johnny asked softly. 

"Older. Just by a year though." 

"Oh! I'm guessing you go to the same school as Jisung, right? Actually, then my brother would be in the same grade as you-" 

And Johnny remembered. 

Jaemin. 

His baby brother Jeno's new boyfriend. 

Jaemin who wants to keep their relationship a secret but is clearly struggling; he could see it in Jeno's eyes when they talked about it. 

That Jaemin. 

Maybe...maybe there were two Jaemins?

Jaemin was just looking back at Johnny with the same expression he'd worn since he first knocked on Johnny's door. "Oh, what's his name?" 

Johnny was momentarily frozen. "Jeno Suh..." 

And Jaemin flushed from the tips of ears down to his perfectly arranged collar, and there was no mistaking that this was the boy Jeno had fallen madly in love with. 

This guy? Johnny thought. 

He was clearly very uptight and weird....teacher's pet, just like Jeno But clearly too he was caring, and he was kind, even if he was a little confused and misguided. Going all the way to a scary drug dealing stranger's house to watch out for his brother? That was pretty cool. And if you got past the mormon missionary outfit he was quite handsome...

Now this would be a story for his brother. 

Johnny cleared his throat. "Anyways..." Part of him wanted to confront this kid, so badly, about everything. But Johnny could just tell he wasn't okay with everything yet. And if he hurt this kid, he would most definitely hurt his brother. So best not to bring it up. At least not in a blunt way. "Anyways, I can promise you I don't sell to other high schoolers. Jisung's my only exception; you can ask him. I didn't even want to sell to him but I felt so bad...ugh, anyways though. You're probably right." 

"What?" Jaemin cried, obviously confused. The cool, calm, and collected kid from ten minutes or so ago was gone. Now, this Jaemin guy looked shaken to his core: shaken at the very mention of Jeno, shaken that Johnny was a decent guy. 

"You're probably right. I probably do let Jisung have too much. I'll cut back on what I let him buy." 

"R-really?" 

Johnny nodded. "Just don't give him any for what he does do, alright? I mean...do you think he's abusing it?" 

"I just don't think any is good. But..." 

"But what?" 

Jaemin sighed deeply. "Fine." 

"Alright then. Anything else you wanna talk about?" 

"No...no." Jaemin paused. "I'll go home." 

"Okay. Be safe." 

Jaemin gave Johnny and uncomfortable nod and turned around, starting the walk back to the elevator. 

"Oh, and Jaemin?" Johnny called. His brother's boyfriend turned back. "You can be scared. You're allowed to be scared; you have every right to be scared. But...don't be so scared you break my brother's heart. Alright?" 

Jaemin stared at the floor and slowly, he nodded. "I can do that," he answered, so quietly. 

Johnny grinned. "Good." 

And Jaemin walked away, back into the elevator, and Johnny watched him go. 

It was obvious that him and Jaemin were two very different people. But in a way...Johnny got it. He got his brother's feelings. 

And the old familiar feeling of "that kid is now your younger brother too" came over him.