Cold Yet Still Sweet

INERT

Yerin's POV

Pigo jineun gyejeorui kkot~
Sesangui modeun kkumdeuri~
Heunnallineun kkonipcheoreom~
 

I got up from bed when I heard my ringtone echoed in my whole room. I quickly took my phone from the bedside table and I saw Gyu's name flashed on the screen.
 

"Hello Gyu? Why?"

[Noona! I have a good news for you.]
 

"Good news? What is it?"
 

[I already talked to Mom about you and guess what? She'll give you a scholarship! Noona, you can go back to school very soon! You'll be able to achieve your dreams!]

"Huh? What? But Gyu.... "

[Noona, we want to help you that's why we did that. Just don't be tired of tutoring me, okay? Hehe.]

I can't believe this! I'm going to school again! I'll be able to see my friends. I'm so eager to learn new things!
 

"G-Gyu... this is too much. Thank you! Thank you for your help! Also, thanks to Aunt Miyu. Thank you so much!"



 

***

"Unnie, you sure you're not goin' to take the bus?" asked Eunha.

"I'm fine with my bike. Oh. You better go, the bus is waiting," I said to her as I fix my things.

"Ne, arraseo~! Bye unnie!" she waved her hand and I bid my goodbye.
 

This is my first day in school and I decided to just ride my bike since our house is just three blocks away from our school.

Until now, I can't believe that I'll be going to school again! I'm so happy! I can't explain the feeling. Thanks to Aunt Miyu and Gyu's kindness, they really helped me a lot!

 

When I arrived at school, I met the stares of the students who passes by. Omg, this is it! I'm going to study again! Gosh, I really missed this!

Upon entering the school grounds, my eyes roamed around and saw a bunch of students who are smiling to each other. I walked in the soccer field and watched a group of boys who are doing warm ups. Hmmm.... there are many cute boys here. I wonder if Eunha can stand alone in this school.

 

As I focused my eyes on my way, I suddenly stopped and was totally shocked when a soccer ball hit me. Because of the strong force that came from the ball, I slumped on the ground.
Ouch! That hurts! What the heck?!


 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to..."

I looked at the tall guy who's now infront of me and he even helped me to stand up.

"I'm really sorry, Miss. I didn't mean to hit you," he said while carefully tapping my head and checking if there's a blood because of the sudden hit of the ball.

"It's fine. Just look if there's a person next time so that you won't hit another," I said and was about to walk when he called me.

"Hey, what's your name?"

He went closer to me while smiling.
 

"Yerin," I replied and he just grinned.

"Hi Yerin, I'm Mino. Nice meeting you," he gave me an angelic smile and I smiled back at him.

 

After that, I decided to go already to our classroom.

That Mino.... hmm he's cute.

But why am I seeing a bad boy vibes from him?

Aish, nevermind. It's none of my business.
 

While walking, my eyes were fixated on the posters that attached on the bulletin board. It's a posters of different clubs in this school. Hmm... there's so many clubs here. Which one should I choose?
 

Because of my curiousity, I step closer to the bulletin board but I noticed that there's a small hole on the ground. It's too late for me because I already stepped on it and I was about to fall when I saw someone catched me and I ended up in her arms.

 

Now Playing: Here We Are by Gfriend

 

My heart almost skips a beat when I saw her cold eyes. Those eyes that once became my home. And this feeling I get everytime I stared at those eyes is still here. For the second time, she saved me.

 

"T-thanks," I said to her so she already let go of me.
 

"Next time, be careful," she said coldly and started to turned her back at me. I looked at her back who's facing me.

She didn't move and she's just there. I want to hug her badly. I want to say that I still love her but she hurt me and I guess she's already happy with Moonbin. I guess I don't have a place in her heart anymore.

Aish!  I want to slap my face for being like this!

Why can't I treat her coldly even though she hurt me? Why am I like this? Argh!

 

I was a bit startled when she turned to me and went closer to me.
 

I can feel my heart beating so fast when she touched my hair and fixed my bangs that almost covered my eyes because of what happened earlier.
 

"Fix yourself, don't go to your classroom with this look. This is your first day after all," she spoke and after that, she already walked away.
 

My cheeks turned red by what she did and said. Aish! Hwang Eunbi! You're treating me coldly yet you're still there to act as if nothing happened from the past! Why am I thinking that she's being sweet with that small gesture?
 

Aish! Hwang Eunbi, I hate you!