Chapter 11

Remember, look up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~Two months later~~

 

It's been 4 months since Jurina's death. Nothing has changed. Chaeyeon's attitude worsen. Sakura is now three months pregnant and has quite gotten close with Seungwan which is kept a secret from everyone except Chaeryeong.

 

Kaeun is visiting his late wife, many people may think that you can't move on if you keep going back. But that is not what Kaeun sees,  it show how much he is thankful to Jurina. Thankful because if it was not for her, he'd be a man who'll just continue to break down and give up. He'll want to follow Jurina's wishes. Kaeun's confuse with Chaeryeong's words

 

"I wouldn't mind if you moved on, mom would  prefer seeing you happy"

 

~~Flashback~~

 

 

(21 years ago)

 

"We should not let despair take over us"

 

Jurina looks at Kaeun who looking at her worriedly. Jurina just smiles at him.

 

"I'm fine now Kaeun ah, really"

 

"Sorry Jurina, I'm just worried. I don't want you to hide what you're feeling, You have me for a reason you know"

 

Jurina chuckled, her husband was being a cute child again.

 

"I cried already Kaeun, I can't follow my remaining days for being sad"

 

Jurina cups Kaeun's face.

 

"I was sad, sure. Because people who raised me from when I was child suddenly left this world. You know what's more sad? They won't be able to meet their future grandchildren"

 

Jurina proceeds to hug Kaeun.

 

"But what good will it get if I continue getting affected? I can be sad for one day and live my life to the fullest on the nest day. My parents won't like it if I waste my time getting sad everyday?"

 

Jurina pecks on Kaeun's lips.

 

"And what about the people with me today? Will I neglect them? They'll get sad too If I let despair win. So I want to be happy for my parents and for the people around me"

 

Jurina lets go of the hug.

 

"We can never know when we'll we lose our loved ones Kaeun. Death happens everyday and it affects everybody. I will die, You will die and you can't stop that. But I won't mean, you'll never try to survive so don't go smart with me Kaeun!"

 

"I love you for the rest of my life Jurina"

 

Jurina smiles.

 

"Just love me for the rest of mine instead"

 

Kaeun was about to protest, but Jurina cut her off.

 

"Promise me Kaeun, you'll do just that. Because You'll only hurt yourself if you keep denying. I'll even do the same if you died first"

 

"Wow Jurina, you want me to die huh?"

 

"Don't be too sad you big giraffe, let's just enjoy the rest of the day shall we?"

 

~~End of flashback~~

 

"Would you really want me to move on?"

 

Kaeun was looking at his late wife's graves, wiping the tears in his face.

 

"I broke my promise to you, I let despair take over me these past 4 months. I got the kids affected as well and I'm sorry for failing you Jurina"

 

Kaeun smiles even if tears won't stop falling.

 

"I'll do it this time, I'll save Chaeyeon, I'll move on and I'll live my life to the fullest. Watch me Jurina"

 

Kaeun is happy to be able to get one last laugh before standing up and leaving.

 

"I'll be happy Jurina, I swear"

 

Kaeun lately was fond having Eunbi by his side. Kaeun wants to know Eunbi more.

 

Is this what Chaeryeong was trying to say to him? Find someone new? Was Chaeryeong actually pointing out that he should try wooing Eunbi? Typical Cupid Ryeong.

 

Kaeun gets his phone from the pocket and dial Eunbi's number. Maybe she's free today so why not?

 

Kaeun was hoping for Eunbi to pick up the phone and luck is on his side

 

"Hello?"

 

Kaeun chuckled at the tired tone.

 

"Did I disturb you? Perhaps you don't have enough sleep yet, I"ll call you next time"

 

"No! You're not bothering me Kaeun chan, my shift ended 4 hours ago and I won't have another shift until tomorrow"

 

"Oh, wonderful. I'd like like to ask you out"

 

"You woke me up, to take me on a date?"

 

Kaeun chuckles at the teasing tone.

 

"Yes, why? Do you not want to?"

 

Kaeun smiles, it seems he got Eunbi flustered.

 

"Just wear something casual, I'd prefer it that way"

 

"All right, I'll be waiting Kaeun chan"

 

Kaeun drove to Eunbi's address. The reason why he asked Eunbi for casual wear is because he didn't look too stylish himself. It would be embarrassing to see that happen, so good thinking by Kaeun everybody.

 

Kaeun arrived a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter