Mess Around

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 017. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Mess Around[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

As their relationship came to the attention toward others, it led to Eunseo and her mother being invited to dinner at Mrs. Byun’s home. Not that it was weird to be invited to her home or anything but she could imagine how much teasing could ensue from the older women about their relationship as they eat. From her mother’s teasing, that was enough to be embarrassed of, now add Mrs. Byun and most likely even Baekhyun on top of that.

 

“Here are your bowls,” Mrs. Byun said as she came into the dining room with bowls of fresh jajangmyeon noodles in her hands. 

 

“Thank you,” Eunseo curtly bowed her head as she accepted the bowl into her hands and set it down onto the wooden table in front of her.

 

As Mrs. Byun walked away to the kitchen, across from where she sat, Baekhyun smirked as he leaned back in his chair. Eunseo paused and gave him a look, wondering what he looked so smug for. Baekhyun didn’t say anything but bit his lip before smiling, sending butterflies down Eunseo’s stomach. 

 

“What’s with you,” she whispered. “I feel like you’re up to something no good.”

 

“There’s nothing,” Baekhyun responded. “I just thought it was amusing, to see you here again now as my girlfriend.”

 

How cute of him, too cute. Eunseo tried to hide her smile as she raised her leg and lightly kicked Baekhyun’s leg from under the table. He winced which only made her eyes widened and her hands reached out to him.

 

“Did that hurt? I’m sorry, it wasn’t meant to hurt you,” Eunseo worriedly said as she moved her head to see where he was hurt. 

 

“No, it didn’t,” Baekhyun shook his head. “Just messing around.”

 

Setting her hands back on her lap, she sighed as a mischievous smile dawned over his face. “Baekhyun…” Eunseo sat up in her seat and pouted. 

 

“Hmm?”

 

She then smiled shyly before saying, “I love you.”

 

Baekhyun sat silently and his smile dropped from shock. Before he could say anything, Eunseo’s mother and Mrs. Byun entered into the room with the rest of the dishes and sat themselves down at the table. He looked flustered as his eyes darted around before settling onto her again, narrowing at her from professing her love so randomly. Somehow the older women didn’t notice. To hide her amusement, Eunseo mixed the sauce and noodles together before stuffing them into .

 

“It’s been a while since I’d invited you two over,” Mrs. Byun sighed as she grabbed some of the side dishes with her chopsticks before mixing the contents of the bowl together. “How’s everything?”

 

“The shop is getting busy, but other than that…” Eunseo’s mother said as she mixed her noodles, “Things have been typical.”

 

“Ah,” Mrs. Byun nodded. Then she glanced toward Eunseo and Baekhyun before cracking into a smile, “I don’t think I would need to ask you, Eunseo. I can tell things have been extremely well for you.” She then broke into a hearty laugh before she took another bite of her food.

 

Eunseo silently sat in her seat and smiled to herself. Things have been well, extremely well as Mrs. Byun had said. “It has.”

 

Mrs. Byun smiled before turning to Baekhyun then back to her, “How’s he? Is he treating you well?”

 

“Yes, he is…” Eunseo nodded as she looked at Baekhyun, mixing the food in his bowl nonchalantly with his chopsticks. “Very well.”

 

Even before they started dating, Baekhyun had treated her well. He was always there, amusing her with his antics and through their conversations.

 

“I’m not so surprised,” Eunseo’s mother said, “Baekhyun’s a good boy. You should’ve seen how head over heels she was for him before they started dating.”

 

“Mom!” Eunseo whispered loudly. In the corner of her eye, she can see the grandmother and grandson crack into an amused smile. She nervously laughed as her mother shot her a look and pouted before taking a bite of her food.

 

“You were head over heels for me,” Baekhyun questioned with a raised brow.

 

“You mutt! Of course she was,” Mrs. Byun lightly slapped him on the arm. “She was all nervous when I suggested she go and confess to you after your birthday party, even denied her feelings when I asked her about you.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Eunseo, the corner of his lip tugged upwards as her face flushed. “I can see that,” he said. 

 

“I can quote some of the things she had said,” her mother chimed in. She tapped her fingers onto the table as she tried recalling them into her mind, “Ah, there’s this one, ‘He’s a better version of Gong Yoo’ goodness, you know how much she loves that actor, it's big when she finds someone that's even better than him.”

 

“I’m better than Gong Yoo?” Baekhyun pointed to himself with his mouth slightly open. “That’s pretty big.”

 

“Precisely, I was shocked when she said that,” Eunseo’s mother laughed. 

 

“N-No,” Eunseo shook her head, before correcting the misquote. “Sure I said that but I meant to say that Baekhyun is no version of anyone. He’s himself and that’s what makes him special.”

 

The two older women yelped into squeals, prompting Eunseo to lower head down and pick at her food. 

 

“Look at them!”

 

“You’re too sweet!”

 

“They’re fated, aren’t they?”

 

Across from her, Baekhyun’s foot rubbed by hers, prompting her to look up. He smiled with his lips as the two older women busily squealed over her words. 

 

“All this love stuff makes me feel like I’m gonna die from sweetness,” Mrs. Byun said in between chuckles as she clutched her chest. “Geez, my chest hurts…”

 

“Hey…” Baekhyun sat up and frowned, “Does it really hurt?”

 

“I laughed too hard, I’ll be fine, the pain will wear off…” Mrs. Byun sighed as she waved him off. 

 

Even after she assured him, the look of concern remained on Baekhyun’s face as he eyed her worriedly. Eunseo couldn’t help but worry as well, knowing about her condition. 

 

“Did you take medicine yet,” he asked as he began to get up from his chair. 

 

“You fool, I already did. Don’t worry about me. I’m not going anywhere,” M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter