Love Display

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 016. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Love Display [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

The water around them looked much vibrant and brighter than it normally seemed. Maybe the night before had something to do with it. Was this just an effect of being in love, being in a relationship even? Or had it only been this way and she just never noticed until now? 

 

Beside her, Baekhyun was engaged with the sight as he sat on the outside seat, leaving the window seat for her. Looking at his reflection from the window, Eunseo smiled and turned to him, as the view mirrored on his frames. He was like a kid in grandpa’s clothing, intrigued by the vast view of the sea for the first time. 

 

Noticing her gaze at him, Baekhyun’s eyes shifted down to hers. “Is there something on my face?”

 

“No,” Eunseo nodded. “I just think you look cute,” she shyly complimented as a smile threatened to form on her face. 

 

A scoff came out of his nose as Baekhyun adjusted his glasses with his finger, a small smile crept upon his lips. “Please…” He leaned back in his seat while his eyes remained on her. “You’ve called me cute repeatedly in the past hour.”

 

It’s no doubt that everything about him was simply adorable. 

 

“Cause you are,” Eunseo replied, nudging him in the arm. “Even when you’re dressed like a grandpa,” she said as she looked down at his outfit for the trip; a plain, white shirt paired with a light-blue, striped dress-shirt and black pants. “You look adorable,” she ended with an endearing smile.

 

Baekhyun looked down at his outfit, moving his backpack out the way. “A grandpa? It’s what people around my age in Seoul would wear.”

 

“Well, here in Tongyeong, it’s what old people wear,” Eunseo teased. The day was somewhat warmer than in the past few days, did he not feel it from wearing two layers. “You’re not hot at all?”

 

“No,” Baekhyun shook his head as he touched the material of the striped dress-shirt between his thumb and index finger. “The dress shirt is somewhat breathable.”

 

“If you say so,” Eunseo sighed. “At least you’re starting to look like a local here.” As she turned back to the window, the view of just the moving sea was calming. A yawn came out of her as she continued gazing at the window. 

 

“Tired?” 

 

Glancing at Baekhyun, she shrugged her shoulders. “I guess the waters are making me sleepy.”

 

Silence formed between them until Baekhyun patted his shoulder. “Lay your head here then.”

 

Eunseo glanced at him with a bewildered look before shaking her head at the offer. “No, I’m fine. I’m not that tired.”

 

While that offer was tempting, it was weird somehow to be this close to Baekhyun. Yes, though they have hugged, even kissed the night before, it was the weird transition from close friends to now boyfriend and girlfriend - Eunseo could hardly believe it. From hardly doing skinship to doing these loving gestures, it felt fast but she yearned for it as she had dreamt of experiencing these kinds of moments.

 

“No, really… You can. I’m not gonna bite you,” Baekhyun said before continuing with a smug smile, “But if you want to, I could.”

 

Eunseo raised her brows before clearing at his last few words. “You’re weird,” she sheepishly replied, her face started to grow red. “F-Fine, I’ll do it.”

 

Hesitantly, she positioned herself closer to Baekhyun and laid her head on Baekhyun’s broad shoulders. It was comfortable and his scent smelled fresh and somehow baby like. A smile grew on her face as she snuggled herself closer to him. 

 

“You’re getting comfortable pretty quickly.”

 

-

 

“We’re here!”

 

Eunseo surveyed their surroundings as they exited the ferry and onto the wooden docks. It was like Somaemuldo Island except with more distinguishable pathways and signs from the higher numbers of  tourism. Nevertheless, it was still a pretty sight. 

 

Baekhyun slung his backpack onto his shoulder as he stretched his arm and let out a yawn. As he rubbed his eyes, he stood beside Eunseo and yawned again.

 

“You slept well?” Eunseo turned to him.

 

Shortly after she rested herself on Baekhyun, she fell asleep. A few minutes before the ferry arrived at the island, her eyes fluttered open as her head remained on Baekhyun’s shoulder. However, she couldn’t get herself off of him as his head rested on hers. Judging from his light snores and breathing that were picked up by her senses, she concluded he was sleeping. Until the ferry came to a stop, she remained sandwiched between his head and shoulder. Not that Eunseo would complain.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “I did.” A tired smile made its way on his face.

 

“That’s good, you have some more energy for the day,” Eunseo replied. “Should we go to the bridge over there,” she asked while pointing to the orange-lined bridge from afar. 

 

“Yeah, we can.”

 

Surprisingly, it didn’t take long for them to reach the bridge. In no time, they stood on the wooden walkway that towered over the island’s landscape. In wonder, Eunseso’s hands made their way to the orange railings as she looked at the scenic view in front of her.

 

“Wow…” Reaching into her pocket for her phone, she quickly snapped pictures and looked over them once she finished. “It’s so pretty,” she commented as she showed the pictures to Baekhyun.

 

“Yeah, it is,” Baekhyun nodded his head. “But you’re prettier.”

 

How could he say it so casually yet make her frozen and warm? A shy smile appeared on her face as Baekhyun looked at her. She didn’t think that hearing those words being said to her would be cheesier than she imagined but yet her heart jumped at that short compliment.

 

“Thank you,” she shyly responded as her eyes drifted from Baekhyun. Now she understood why Baekhyun would get so shy and deny it whenever she called him handsome.

 

“It’s the truth,” Baekhyun said. 

 

“Are you doing this to get back at me for all the times I’ve called you handsome?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter