Birds' Paradise

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 008. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Birds’ Paradise [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] 

After sitting on the ferry for over an hour, the destination was absolutely worth it.

 

Standing on the wooden ports after getting off the ferry, Eunseo held the straps of her backpack while viewing the scenic view of the rocks on the island. Hearing footsteps coming up next to her, she smiled and turned to Baekhyun who immediately snapped a picture on his camera of the oddly shaped rocks.

 

“It’s really nice to see it in person,” Eunseo commented in awe.

 

Though the distance of Somaemuldo island wasn’t that far from home, Eunseo never had the chance to visit though she heard amazing things about the island from her peers. Simply because of time, she wasn’t able to go, she wished she had gone sooner as the views looked incredibly scenic from the pictures and there would be a smaller chance of getting lost while showing Baekhyun around. 

 

“You never went here before?”

 

“No,” Eunseo shook her head. “I haven’t. So, you’re not really alone in this situation. I guess this day will be interesting.”

 

Turning to her right where most of the ferry passengers went off to, there was a wooden path. Pointing towards it, she turned to Baekhyun who was glancing in the same direction.

 

“We can go there,” Eunseo said. 

 

“Alright,” Baekhyun nodded his head as he tucked his camera into his pocket.

 

Walking towards the walkway, Eunseo took the chance to look out towards the sea that was vibrant in hues of blue. Reaching for her phone in her pocket, she immediately snapped a picture and glanced down at the photo with a smile on her face.

 

“I didn’t think water could get any bluer. It doesn’t even look real,” Eunseo exclaimed as she stared at the scenic view in awe. Resting her elbows onto the railings of the pathway, she continued to stare off into the distance. “Isn’t it amazing?”

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun agreed, resting his elbows onto the railings next to her. “I‘ve never seen water this blue until I got here. The Han river isn’t even this amazing.”

 

“It doesn’t?”

 

Though she had never been in Seoul before, seeing the city through the silver and small screen made it look just magical. 

 

“Of course not. You have boats on there every single day, some trash floating there, the quality of it isn’t so great.”

 

Eunseo nodded in understanding, she didn’t consider those at all. 

 

“I see, I guess this is a refreshing sight from the city waters.”

 

“Yeah, it is.”

 

After spending a few minutes looking toward the sea, the pair continued their journey down the pathway. Amidst admiring the landscape around them, they weaved through small crowds of people until someone tapped Eunseo’s shoulder.

 

Turning to the person as she stopped in her tracks, she found herself glancing at a couple.

 

“I’m sorry to bother you, but can you take a picture of me and my husband,” the woman asked as she extended her phone toward Eunseo.

 

Beaming a smile, Eunseo shook her head and replied with, “No, I don’t mind.” Taking the woman’s phone, she stepped back in preparation for the picture. 

 

“There,” Baekhyun said, stopping Eunseo in her tracks. “That distance is good enough.”

 

“Really?”

 

Baekhyun nodded. Turning back to the woman’s phone, Eunseo said, “Alright, three, two, one.”

 

As the couple posed within each other’s arms with bright smiles on their faces, Eunseo snapped a series of photos before strolling over to the woman and returning her phone. The woman swiped through the photos she had taken and smiled.

 

“It looks great, thank you dear. Do you want me to take a photo of you and your boyfriend as well,” she offered.

 

Eunseo stood frozen from the woman’s assumption. She didn’t need to turn to Baekhyun to know his reaction was similar to hers. Sheepishly, she then waved her hands and shook her head. “N-No, we aren’t dating, miss.”

 

The older woman widened her eyes and covered with her hands in embarrassment, “Oh! I’m so sorry!”

 

Eunseo smiled in assurance. “You’re fine ma’am.”

 

“I just assumed you both were since you both looked adorable together… Again, I apologize.”

 

“It’s okay,” Eunseo reassured. Then curtly bowing her head, she continued with, “Have a nice day!”

 

With a small smile, the woman replied with, “Likewise.”

 

Walking away, the two didn’t talk, obviously not over the shock from the woman’s assumption about them. To her, they didn’t even look that much of a couple. It was obvious they were friends. 

 

“Well that was awkward. I can’t believe that just happened,” Eunseo laughed in disbelief. 

 

“I know,” Baekhyun replied, laughing along. 

 

“Do we really look like a couple,” Eunseo questioned. “I don’t really see it.”

 

They weren’t even holding hands nor being affectionate toward each other. Her mind suddenly drifted to what it would look like they were actually a couple. Somehow for some reason, it wasn’t hard to imagine it; them holding hands, going on cute little dates, just as they were about to kiss. At the last moment, she realized what she was doing and abruptly stopped. What was wrong with her? Her cheeks started to warm up and she reached for her water bottle before quickly taking a sip.

 

“People see a guy and a girl together and come up with assumptions,” Baekhyun answered. “It’s like that.”

 

“I just wish there was some sort of indicator above us that tells everyone we’re just friends,” Eunseo said, imagining the idea. “It would be nice.”

 

“Tell me about it,” he scoffed. “Hey, are you okay? You look a little flustered. Is it hot for you?”

 

Frozen, Eunseo turned to Baekhyun who tilted his head, shooting a worried glance at her. With his hair blowing gently alongside the light breeze, she found her heart beating quicker than normal. Cursing herself for letting her thoughts steer on their own, she gulped. A nervous chuckle escaped from her before answering, “N-No. I’m not hot.”

 

The weather wasn’t even hot at all, it was the perfect spring weather. 

 

“Okay,” Baekhyun nodded, every sense of worry on his face faded. “I just noticed your cheeks were a bit red, that’s all. Maybe you’re dehydrated or something.”

 

She definitely wished that was the case. 

 

“Maybe,” Eunseo repeated before she drank from her bottle again. “Maybe,” she repeated softly. 

 

Continuing down the pathway, they admired the scenic landscape of the island. As they reached toward the other island, there was a rocky crossing with low tides touching upon its surface that led toward it. 

 

“It’s so pretty, thank god the tides are low,” Eunseo sighed. 

 

“Should we rest,” Baekhyun asked. “Everyone else is just staying around here.”

 

Turning her head to view her surroundings, nearly everyone was starting to play around or simply rest. 

 

“Yeah, we should. My legs are aching.”

 

“Let’s sit over there then,” Baekhyun suggested as he gestured toward a more empty spot from the crowd.

 

After walking over to the emptier area, Eunseo sat herself down and drank from her water bottle. Sitting beside her, Baekhyun sighed and went on his phone. 

 

“Is your grandma okay,” Eunseo asked as the sudden thought came to mind.

 

“Hmm? My grandma? Yeah, she’s well,” Baekhyun answere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter