Skyline Trip

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 009. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Skyline Trip [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

“I’ll be going now!”

 

After hanging up her apron and grabbing her belongings, Eunseo raced toward the door while glancing down at the time on her phone. It was time for her to meet with Baekhyun as it was past twelve in the afternoon. 

 

“Okay, go have fun,” her mother called out.

 

It was far too late to reply back as her body was already out the shop.

 

As it had been over a week since they started their mini “vacation” in Somaemuldo island, it was astonishing how close and comfortable she had gotten with Baekhyun since then. That tiny “joke” he did to mess with her that day started a cascade of tiny pranks and jokes, bringing them together. Her decision to drop those tactics of changing him to only focus on getting close with him paid off well. In fact, it was better than she expected. 

 

It didn’t seem too early to conclude that it felt like that period of their childhood where they were inseparable. Though she had no memory of that period, she could assume that this must’ve been what it was like; simply fun, joyful, and comfortable.

 

Within the past week, they went to more places for their amusement, serving as a small vacation for Baekhyun specially. They stopped by historical landmarks, tried out the menus of different restaurants, and even went through the Skyline Luge.


 

The Skyline Luge was something that piqued Baekhyun’s interest as they were picking out places to go. Instantly buying tickets for the designated day, Eunseo had no expectations for how it would be. 

 

“Hey! Don’t leave me! Why are you going so fast?”

 

Eunseo gripped the handlebars of the cart tightly as it rolled down the hills of the track in fear of it gaining speed far more than she could handle. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was laughing with glee as his cart gained speed, leaving a distance of nearly two feet between them. 

 

“It’s thrilling, Eunseo,” Baekhyun replied as he briefly turned around to her before turning back ahead. “Catch up!”

 

“It’s scary, do you not see how fast we’re going,” Eunseo whined as she pulled back her handlebars in hopes to slow the cart down. “I might crash!”

 

“You won’t! The tracks are pretty big,” Baekhyun assured and paused before continuing, “And you have your handlebars and safety gear,” he said, gesturing to his helmet.

 

As the distance between their carts were growing, Eunseo huffed in frustration and slightly released the handlebars for it to accelerate carefully, hoping she could catch up. To her satisfaction, it was gaining speed and within a few minutes, she was next to Baekhyun.

 

“You did it,” Baekhyun grinned, turning to Eunseo. “Took you long enough.”

 

Eunseo rolled her eyes as she remained cautious of her speed as they went through the tracks. “Well, did you really think I would catch up that quickly?”

 

“I was hoping,” Baekhyun replied. “It’s quite simple, it’s like driving, you know?”

 

Eunseo didn’t really think driving would be a necessity as all the places she would go to were close. And if there were places to go that were farther, she would’ve taken the bus or hopped onto a bicycle. She couldn’t really grasp the skill of controlling a vehicle that seemed smarter than she was. It was the thought of crashing and being critically injured while driving that made her not even want to sit in the driver’s seat.

 

“I can’t relate to that. I only know how to ride bicycles and buses,” Eunseo sighed. “I’m scared of driving.”

 

“Really? Well then, think of it as a bike then. Just a bit faster.”

 

The only thing about the cart that resembled a bike were the handlebars. Everything else besides the lack of doors and protective covering was like a car.

 

“If this was bumper cars, I would absolutely crash into you on purpose,” Eunseo said, noticing how Baekhyun stifled his laughter after sparing a glance at her.

 

“Not if you can catch up,” Baekhyun teased and slightly released his hands from his handlebars and accelerated down the track.

 

“Why you-”

 

Eunseo’s grip on the handlebar loosened to catch up with Baekhyun. For the rest of the track, the two played cat and mouse, unknowingly racing each other. Baekhyun continued hurling teasing jokes ahead as she followed suit, bickering to their amusement. Eunseo’s worries for speed faded as she only focused on him and in no time, they reached the end of the tracks.


 

After getting the picnic blanket and a tiny basket for their tiny trip from home, Eunseo quickly made her way to his home, and beamed as Baekhyun exiting from his front door came to her view. As her pace slowed down, she eventually reached him.

 

“How was rehearsal?”

 

Baekhyun rolled his neck to get knots out before answering, “It was okay.”

 

Eunseo’s smile faltered while observing Baekhyun. Dark circles were evident under his eyes and he was somewhat drained of color. Luckily, they were only going to the cliff to rest and simply talk. 

 

“Well, we won’t be doing much active things today. We’ll just be sitting at the cliff, so if you have anything small to do there, you can bring it,” Eunseo replied. “I don’t want to make you more tired,” she added softly.

 

A small chuckle escaped from Baekhyun. He nodded, “I’m thankful you’re considering my condition. And no, I don’t have anything to bring with me - just my phone.”

 

“No problem,” she smiled. “Should we uh, get going?”

 

“Yeah, let me just lock the door first.” Taking the house key out of his pocket, Baekhyun inserted the key into the lock and turned, locking it. “Alright, lets go.”

 

-

 

The two of them sat on the cliff, eating snacks that Eunseo had prepared the day before. Sitting in silence, they watched the distant waters with content. Field flowers softly rustled by each other, leaving the silence to be comforting.

 

After finishing her snack, Eunseo crumpled the wrapper and threw it into the basket. Turning to Baekhyun who was still chewing his food, his puffed cheeks glowed under the sun. It was an adorable sight as he seemed to be in a state of bliss. She couldn’t help but coo silently. However, Baekhyun had noticed her endearing expression.

 

“Is there anything on my face,” Baekhyun asked, gesturing to his face.

 

Eunseo shook her head, snapping out of her thoughts. “No.” A smile made its way to her face. “You just look… cute while eating.” Hugging her knees close to her chest, she continued to gaze at him.

 

The corners of Baekhyun’s curled upwards as he shyly looked down. “I get that a lot.”

 

At least she wasn’t the only person who thought of him that way. 

 

“Well, it’s the truth. You just look so happy while eating,” Eunseo trailed into her own thoughts, thinking of a good comparison, ”... kinda like a child when they’re eating something good.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled at her statement, “Yeah, my friends and colleagues say I look younger when I’m eating, but I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment.”

 

“I would,” Eunseo said. “I find that better than being compared to a pig when eating.”

 

Baekhyun arched a brow, “People called you a pig when you were eating?”

 

“No, I was just finding an example, really. No one would dare call me that,” Eunseo replied. “Though, everyone here is kind but they chatter a bit much.”

 

“I was about to say… “ Baekhyun finished the rest of his snack and wiped his mouth with a nearby napkin and crumpled them together in one hand. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter