Lonely Wheel

Lovingly Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 007. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Lonely Wheel [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

“Alright, one caramel kamongccino, an affogato, and an americano. All paid by me.”

 

Eunseo’s caramel kamongccino was set in front of her by Jongin as he passed out the drinks from the tray before sitting down next to his girlfriend, Jennie. 

 

Jennie, one of the owners of the newly-opened boutique named Gentle Colors, which is where Eunseo would get some of her clothes from, took her drink and sipped it happily after thanking him endearingly. Though she is notoriously known to have a face that people would fear from their first impression, her adorable personality always takes people by surprise once they converse. 

 

“Thank you,” Eunseo smiled before taking a sip of her drink while witnessing the adorable display of affection between the couple sitting across from her.

 

Jongin wrapped his arm around Jennie’s waist as she drank her affogato as she bat her lashes at her partner. Twisting his face from her cuteness, Jongin leaned in closer and booped her nose. Though others would say it’s the most disgusting form of public displays of affection, Eunseo was melting at their interaction, she wished she could experience something like that with a partner of hers.

 

“How’s your adventures with the city boy going,” Jongin asked as he drank his americano, as it had been a while since he had last seen Baekhyun. 

 

“City boy? Eunseo, you never told me you found someone! Oh, this is exciting,” Jennie perked up. 

 

Eunseo nearly spat out her drink and coughed before shaking her head rapidly while waving her hands in defense, knowing that they were implying something else. “No, it’s not that way. I’m only introducing him to the city. It’s going well though.”

 

“Oh,” Jennie pouted, disappointed with her answer. As her curiosity on someone she hasn’t seen was piqued, she continued with, “How is he? Is he nice? Handsome?”

 

Thinking back to their previous interactions, Eunseo nodded. Baekhyun didn’t do anything that has crossed the line for her, except not sharing the same views with her on love but she was lenient about it now. As for handsomeness, yesterday proved how darn attractive he was with his hair up.

 

“For both?” Jennie smiled widely. “Wow, you’ve met him right,” she questioned as she turned to Jongin. 

 

“Yeah, and I can confirm that he is indeed very much both of those things. You got yourself a catch, Eunseo,” Jongin teased while leaning back in his chair.

 

Sure, Baekhyun was indeed an incredibly wonderful person to be around and attractive but Eunseo just couldn’t see herself being with him. He wasn’t who she would picture to be her type.

 

“Please,” Eunseo scoffed as she rolled her eyes with a smile, “I don’t even like him like that.” For some reason, her cheeks started to feel warm.

 

“Why wouldn’t you be? He seems like the perfect guy to me,” Jongin replied. “Why don’t you invite him here to hangout with us?”

 

“The weekend is like our break-time. I don’t want to bother him any further. He’s probably spending some time with his grandmother.”

 

Jongin nodded in understanding before nodding, “I see. I kinda miss him even though I’ve only met him once.”

 

“Do you have a picture of him? I’m curious to know what he looks like,” Jennie asked.

 

“No, though he’s a pianist actually so there’s pictures of him online.” 

 

Eunseo reached into her pocket for her phone and searched up Baekhyun’s name before clicking on the images tab, then turning her phone around for Jongin and Jennie to see. The couple leaned in for a closer look and their eyes widened as she slowly scrolled down the page.

 

“Jongin’s right. He does seem like the perfect guy; nice, handsome, and a talented pianist! Why wouldn’t you like him,” Jennie questioned. “He’s not taken, is he?”

 

“I just don’t see him in that way,” Eunseo stressed, as a playback of images of Baekhyun appeared in her mind. “Plus, he doesn’t like love, so he’s incredibly single.”

 

“Oh, that’s something,” Jongin commented puzzlingly. “Say, have you tried to change him? I know how you are when it comes to these things.”

 

“Yes,” Eunseo replied, dejected from the amount of failed attempts to change it. She would have persisted, but there were no more possible options to do so. “But all of my attempts have done nothing.”

 

“This is the first time this has happened, hasn’t it?” Jennie’s mouth went agape. “This guy must be hard.”

 

“Tell me about it, it’s like every attempt to change his view seems to make him hate love even more.”

 

How was it even possible? Who wouldn’t like those sweet and loving moments in life? 

 

“Baekhyun seems like a mysterious guy, he was quite intriguing from our first meeting,” Jongin acknowledged as it seemed like he was thinking back to their first meeting. “I don’t really know love that much, but maybe… don’t focus on that anymore? Like you said, every attempt seems to make him hate love even more. Why make him hate it even more? I think you should just get close with him.”

 

It felt like a waste really, all that effort she had put in would simply end without the expected outcome she wanted. Eunseo had never entirely given up on something like this. But Jongin was right, every attempt would only make him dislike love even more than she intended to. Maybe, she could simply give up and simply focus on being close to Baekhyun and then she could find ways to change him if new ideas struck.

 

“At that point, he’ll just change,” Jongin continued, “Maybe he’ll start liking you,” he shrugged, a smile tugging on his lips.

 

“Don’t say that,” Eunseo warned, raising a fist toward Jongin’s direction. “He won’t.”

 

“That’s what they all say but from the dramas that you and Jennie showed me, I have a feeling he will and maybe you will like him too.”

 

He then broke out into a chuckle, prompting Jennie to follow along before they exploded into laughter.  Worried the other customers would start to look, Eunseo pressed her lips tight and looked in another direction.

 

After his laughter died down, Jongin sighed, “I’m messing with you. You can like whoever and he can like whoever.”

 

Whoever Eunseo ends up liking, hopefully, that person was nearby. Hopefully, she can meet them sooner.

 

-

 

Sitting behind the counter while watching a drama series on her tablet, Eunseo rested her chin on the palm of her hand as she waited for customers, killing time by being entertained with onscreen fictional  romance. The day had been slower than usual, which was somewhat unusual since it was only the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter