Ulterior

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014, May

“… how long?” CEO asked the man standing in front of him.

“About eight months,” the manager replied quietly. He decided to tell the truth when he was summoned to CEO this morning. “Should I tell them that you know about this case?”

“No, no. There’s no need. For now, they don’t have to know about it. Let them date for awhile,” CEO Lee paused, looking at the city through big windows in his office, “but we must call mister Song and invite him.”

“Are you… planning on doing something, sir?” Seo, Baekhyun’s private manager, asked nervously. The air in the room became colder.

“We are,” clarified the CEO, “doing something important for our company. Don’t you want the subject of Kris to go away?” he asked, smiling at his reflection on the window.

“I… do. But is this really going to help, PD-nim?” manager Seo became anxious, “Baekhyun is not ready for scandals like that.”

“I am glad that you are taking good care of him. Trust me, I would not do it if it was unnecessary,” he turned around to look at the younger man.

“Taeyeon is older, I know she can handle this. I’ve talked to her manager,” Lee took his phone, “Baekhyun might just look young and childish, but I know at heart, he is more mature than everybody else in EXO. He’s gonna be fine.”

“He is gonna get a lot of hate because of this scandal. We should at least tell him, to prepare him for the outcome.” manager voiced his worries.

“I just want this lawsuit with Kris to go unnoticed. Baekhyun and Taeyeon’s case came really at the right time. This is how it’s gonna go. Besides, their scandal won’t live forever, because I am debuting Red Velvet in two month. Everything is just coming to me on right time, I just have to have this opportunity to solve the matters.”

The two men stood in silence. Lee Sooman texting someone and manager Seo fidgeting and drowning in his thoughts. Suddenly, CEO’s phone rang and manager stood there curiously looking at the older man in question. The phone call soon ended with laughs from Lee.

“No matter what you say, I have organized everything. Song HeeJoon is going to be here today at five. You and Taeyeon’s manager are coming too.”

“It’s not rational…” Seo mumbled under his breath.

“Did you say something?” CEO smiled at him, glancing at his phone.

“No. If it’s all, then I should go back. Boys must be done with their practicing. Baekhyun has his vocal lessons to attend to,” manager bowed deeply and after being allowed to dismiss, went out of the suffocating office.

The CEO sat on his chair, looking at the family photo, standing on his desk. Soon his wife called him to ask when he is coming home.

“I would come to dinner, darling,” he sighed before continuing, “did you take your medications on time?”

The room felt lonelier, Lee could say. He just needed some light in his life before he could witness and endure more challenges.

Later that day, CEO and managers met up with the lead photographer of Dispatch, to arrange everything.

 

 

“Baekhyun-ah, I’m in front of your dorm. Come out already,” Taeyeon called him on the phone.

“Noona, I think you are early,” Baekhyun replied, looking at his watch. EXO has just come from the last concert in Seoul. The couple agreed to meet up before SNSD had to go back to Japan. But Taeyeon came earlier than she said she will.

“Come out. Or I’m going in to pick you up myself,” the girl went out of her car.

“No. No. Sit and wait in the car. I’m coming,” the boy looked at himself. He was wearing his comfortable home clothes, but he didn’t have time to change. He quickly put on his shoes, told Chanyeol that he’s gonna be late and went out to meet his girlfriend. The boy couldn’t hear his friend’s words that were thrown to him at the end. ‘Was it ‘lucky idiot or something?’ He decided to ignore it.

When he sat in the passenger seat and buckled his seatbelt, Taeyeon complimented him, saying he looked cute in comfortable clothes. Baekhyun became shy and asked her about her day. They talked a bit about their lives.

“Where are we going though?” he asked observing her face. Although, it was dark and her face couldn’t be seen, Baekhyun thought she looked more beautiful than ever.

“Just driving around town. I’m too tired to ride somewhere particular. Especially, if it is a long drive away,” Taeyeon said smiling.

“I’m going to get my driver license soon. Then I will be driving us to other spots if you are tired,” Baekhyun grinned looking at his front.

“I will never let you drive my car,” Taeyeon said laughing at him.

Baekhyun became silent, somehow offended by her supposedly joke. Taeyeon noticed that he didn’t enjoy her retort as much and looked at him.

“Hey, why are you sulking?” Taeyeon patted his head like he was a little boy.

“It’s nothing…” Baekhyun felt the awkward tension for the first time during their relationship. He, never in his life, thought that Taeyeon would make him feel tense.

She cleared , “I meant that it’s quite new. Drivers, who don’t have much experience, are usually the ones that get into accidents. I did not mean it in a bad way. Maybe we can drive some other car.”

“No, it’s okay. Can we just stop somewhere here?” Baekhyun pointed at the parking on the side of the road.

“It’s still early,” Taeyeon mumbled.

“What?” Baekhyun didn’t hear what she said.

“Nothing,” Taeyeon looked around on the streets and decided to pull up right beside the big track. She looked outside one more time before opening the roof of her Mercedes.

“Why did you do that?” Baekhyun asked shocked of her actions.

“I need some fresh air and the weather is nice. Why don’t we enjoy it, right?” Taeyeon chuckled looking him nervously. “You don’t like it?”

“No. I mean, yes. You just said before that it is dangerous to be out this open,” Baekhyun’s words with his furrowed eyebrows made the older feel uneasy and anxious.

“We are not in the wild nature for it to be dangerous, right?” Taeyeon tried to change the topic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter