...you too

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*June 2016*

“How did you name me in your phone?” Baekhyun once asked.

“Just ‘Baekhyun’. Why?” Irene asked drinking her ice coffee. They were in the cafeteria of the company downstairs.

“Just Baekhyun? Wah! You are so straightforward, it’s unbelievable,” he chuckled. “It’s ridiculous…”

“Why! What’s wrong with that?” Irene’s confused expression looked so cute.

“… Since we are together now-” Irene stopped him by covering his mouth looking around.

They looked around for some possible ears that might hear them. When they were sure that the area was clear, Irene finally let him go hissing at Baekhyun.

“Don’t be so loud, people might hear!” she stood up from her seat going to the direction of elevators. Baekhyun followed her.

“Okay… I wanted to say that now that we are dating, we should come up with some sweet and endearing names for each other, don’t you think?” Baekhyun smiled proposing an idea.

“Okay. Then, how did you save me in your phone?” Irene daringly smirked while going to the hallway that leads to the elevators.

“My love.” Did he just? Maybe? Yes… he said it actually. And then he grinned widely showing his beautiful eye smile.

Irene’s heart skipped tad bid staccato at that. “Huh? …Really?” She couldn’t hide amusement in her voice.

“Mhm… look for yourself,” Baekhyun fished out his phone from his pocket as they entered the elevator. There was a split second thought that maybe it was really fast and unexpected. He wanted to confess in a more romantic way and scenery.

Irene searched for her supposedly saved name for her number, trying to hold back from smiling too much. And as he said, he really saved her as ‘my love’ in his contacts. “Whyy…” it came out more as a touched rhetorical whine than as the actual question.

“Isn’t it too early to say… that?” Irene tried to hide her embarrassed face behind her long hair.

“What exactly?” Baekhyun asked.

“… ‘love’ thing.”

Baekhyun turned towards her slowly. Second thoughts left his mind and all he could see was her face, her being. Since it was only two of them in the elevator, the tension grew with an enormous amount. Suddenly, Irene felt like the boy was her main observer now and not the camera in the elevator they were in. The only hope was that she wouldn’t start blushing right away.

From her side view point Irene could see the movement of his hand. She quickly turned her head to where the action was made.

Baekhyun held her left hand, interlocking his fingers with hers gently. He stayed exactly where camera couldn’t catch the intertwined hands. The fact that they were in their own company building didn’t ease the intimidating sense of being caught. But their hands were fitted together perfectly. And Irene couldn’t get her mind out of that.

“We have been together for almost six months now,” Baekhyun said in low voice. His voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

“But I feel like I’ve loved you way before that…”

His honey voice dripping with the sincerity which may enchant anyone if he ever spoke like that to anyone. But he talked like this only to her. With that damn voice.

“Baekhyun…” her heart fluttered.

“I know,” he said rather in hurry. “I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable and rushed to say the things you don’t feel yet.”

“No, no, I don’t feel uncomfortable. I mean, I am gladly surprised.” The girl said reassuring that everything was okay.

“Really?”

“Yeah… and you know what? Our 200 days anniversary is coming, well not soon but, you could have said something that special on the special day then. I… wouldn’t have mind.” Irene explained trying to smooth out the tension.

Baekhyun stared at her confused, and Irene stared back at him with her doe innocent eyes. After a few seconds, Baekhuyn burst out of laughing holding his stomach. He almost went to his knees if not for Irene’s hand that was tugging him up. Irene also smiled and giggled at the sight of happy boyfriend. She liked it when he was smiling brightly. She liked the sound of his laugh.

“What?” Irene asked starting to get embarrassed with his reaction.

Baekhyun finally stopped his uncontrollable laugh to look at his girlfriend with endearment. He pulled himself up from bending in the knees. Her cuteness literally made him weak.

“It’s just that… every day is special with you. Not only anniversaries.” He stood back up.

That melted her soul. Irene’s body shivered a little. She almost slipped an “I love you” back if not for the elevator door opening. Irene stepped a little behind Baekhyun and hid their hands behind his back in caution. She wanted to let go of the hand, but Baekhyun didn’t let her go, tightening the grip more.

“Oh? Hi, hyung!” It was Sehun. When he noticed Irene, he shyly bowed greeting her too. “Hello, noona.”

She greeted younger male back stepping out of her “body-shelter”. Sehun went to stand on the other side of his hyung.

“What?” Baekhyun asked looking at the floor tag outside. “We are still on the first floor?”

“Did you forget to press the floor button?!” To say that Irene was amused was and understatement.

“Ah… I guess I didn’t.” Baekhyun smiled pressing the 12th and 14th floor button for three of them.

“I can’t believe this…” Irene whispered, to which Baekhyun just smiled sheepishly.

“How long did you stay here? And what did you do?” Sehun asked, getting both elders flustered.

“Don’t start,” Baekhyun threatened the maknae so the latter just shut up and smirked to himself.

The ride was a bit awkward with the third person, but Baekhyun didn’t mind him at all. Thus the flirting with his girlfriend seemed more entertaining for him. Sehun wanted to throw up right there and scream for them to get a room. Irene lightly smacked Baekhyun’s hand that was playing with hers to which he obediently quit his playful behavior.

“See you later then!” Irene sounded too excited to get out of the elevator first.

She waited until Baekhyun released her hand and stepped out to her floor waving goodbye.

When the doors closed back, younger male started smiling openly at his older brother.

“I know…” Baekhyun said quickly turning to Sehun.

“I didn’t even say anything,” the younger one was confused.

“Okay, but I know what you are thinking.”

“What is it?”

The door to their floor opened and Baekhyun went out saying “it doesn’t matter”. All that he was thinking about now was that he just confessed his love to Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter