Ludicrous

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nearly a  month passed after their first encounter. Baekhyun was busy with dance practices and vocal lessons. Some songs were already recorded for their first EP and were in the middle of arranging. His schedule became more hectic with photo shoots, shooting MV and preparations for EXO’s first performance on national TV.

Irene’s days have not been any different. Her dance coaches have been stricter since she was late for the practice that one time. That time when she was on the rooftop with Baekhyun. Speaking of whom,  she didn’t see him since then and, to be honest, didn’t know how she should behave herself with him. Were they friends now or just acquaintances, she was not sure.

So Irene decided to not think of it until there was a solid reason to speak to him. 'I don’t even need to talk to him. But he could be quite interesting to listen to, maybe.' To her oblivious side, the said boy’s charms were definitely working on her. But as stubborn she was, Irene would deny it at any cost.

She sighed as her back leaned on the mirror wall of their practice room. The windows in the room were a bit fogged up from their intense dancing. Some girls went out to grab quick lunch and Irene was wrapped up in silence and calmness of an empty space.

Her stomach growled as she had some gulps of water. Last course of meal she had was an apple and banana milk yesterday afternoon. Normally, that wasn’t supposed to be considered as a meal. But her trainer said to go on a diet to maintain the same weight. Her everyday consume of calories had to go really low but the girl couldn’t and didn’t object it. Without much energy left, Irene stood up from her position on the floor and went to restroom to freshen up, before going to cafeteria.

 

 

Baekhyun and other boys were having their lunch in a room with their manager, who just finished telling each one of them their schedules. Baekhyun was already full with jajangmyeon and other side dishes that he craved for soda now.

“I will go grab some coke, do you want something?” he asked the boy who was next to him. Chen who was chewing his noodles nodded asked for a can of soda too. Feeling some coins in his pocket, Baekhyun stood up from the couch. On his way to automat, some girls bowed at him shyly in recognition. And even though he didn’t know them close enough, he gave a quick bow with a polite smile in their direction. His popularity was rising within the company since the announcement of the new group. He had to restrain himself from feeling too proud.

Automat was occupied with some other girl when he reached it, so he stood in queue to wait. The girl was wearing a grey tank top which showed some skin on her waist. Her short brownish hair with ombre was hold in a small ponytail. Baekhyun tried not to look at her crouching down to get a drink. Good thing she was wearing sweatpants or else Baekhyun would start blushing.

From his peripheral vision, he saw her straitening up taking her time to open her bottle. And he could swear that his cheeks were red already, because right in front of him was his all time crush – Taeyeon.

He had seen her only twice during his first months in the SM. So when SNSD came to the practice room to cheer them on their soon debut, his foolish high school self nearly drooled over her. He clearly remembered her patting his arm and smiling at him softly, saying that she couldn’t wait to see them on stage. Baekhyun couldn’t help but anticipate every meeting with her since then.

 And now seeing her struggle with the cap, he offered to help her without any second toughts. She smiled warmly at him giving up and Baekhyun could feel his neck burning when their fingers brushed slightly. He hold the stoic expression the whole time and tried not to show her that he was flustered that easily. She thanked him again and after having a little chat, made her way back to recording studio.

Baekhyun could be watching her back for a long time if not for the cough that came from behind. He turned around on his heels cautiously and was glad to see a pair of warm brown eyes scrutinizing his physiognomy silently .

“Are you buying?” but her voice did not sound anything near angry, instead being quite and calm. He smiled at her.

“Hi, Irene-ssi!” he beamed, “how are you doing? Did your coach get really mad at you last time?”

The black haired girl whipped her head upwards at the familiar voice to meet Baekhyun’s gaze. The way he was looking at her with curious expression created a lump in . She didn’t expect to see him this soon. 'Who are you kidding, Joohyun?' the thought flashed in her head. Nevertheless, she found her voice.

“Oh… hello,” she bowed slightly trying not to forget that they were in public. That was also her way to create a safety invisible wall. Whenever she was drained and emotionally vulnerable like now, Irene would become a small ball of shyness. Thus she was panicking to meet him straight away after thinking about him not a long time ago. She could bet her cheeks were about to get warm.

He chuckled, “what’s with the formality?” though he felt a bit uncomfortable of the distance she was creating.

“I thought we were friends already,” he rubbed the back of his neck out of awkwardness.

“Are you buying?” she tried to change the topic avoiding his gaze. Her demanding but quite tone made Baekhyun flinch.

“Uh… yeah. You can choose first,” he waved at the automat and stood back gentlemanly. Irene showed a timid smile still not looking at his face. Somehow she felt guilty for giving a cold shoulder to him when he was so friendly and kind to her.

She pushed some coins to the coins section and chose the water, despite her desire for some carbonated drink. She gulped and stole a glance at the boy standing not too far from her. His brown hair seemed darker than she remembered. 'Maybe because the sun was making them appear more caramel brown.' 

 After a few seconds, the sound of a bottle dropping startled her and she quickly grabbed it. Turning to his direction, she made a big step back for him. He smiled at her warmly, without any judging seen in his orbs and she stared at him inserting some coins to the automat. Her thoughts of Baekhyun hating her because of her attitude suddenly varnished. The girl found it amusing that he was the first person to not find her demeanor offensive.

He took a can and inserted another set of coins to get a second one for Chen. His attempt to stay quite didn’t succeed when Irene spoke, her head down.

“I’m sorry,” her voice not loud, only for him to hear although there wasn’t anyone except for some staff in the end of the hallway. “I’m a bit tired. I did not mean to offend you,” she sounded soft and didn’t intend to speak any longer because of her accent. But her guilt was the top priority now, so she didn’t care.

The girl wondered if Baekhyun noticed her not so Seoul-lish accent the first time, because she didn’t notice then. If so, Baekhyun seemed to not mind it at all. His small grin went wider as he took the second can.

“Don’t worry. It’s okay,” he flashed her his assuring smile. “Not gonna lie, I was a bit straightforward and asked too many questions at once,” Baekhyun gazed at the drinks in his hands before lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter