Colors

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was running for his dear life… Apparently, his and Sehun’s prank on Tao and Chanyeol didn’t go as well as he thought it would. Two boys were definitely not happy to find insects in their bags after the dance practice... Running around and making noises in SM building was prohibited, especially for trainees like him. So Baekhyun tried to run on his tiptoes, almost slipping on his feet and not breathing to be faster. Halfway to the third floor, where he wasn’t supposed to go, Baekhyun suddenly jolted on his feet and became silent.

Some girl in trainer pants and white sweatshirt was sitting on steps. She had her knees pressed to her chest, arms folded on top of them and head down. Her long black hair was shiny in the dim light of stair.  Baekhyun thought maybe she came here to be alone, because no one usually used steps when the building had elevators. His thoughts about transport system were interrupted, when she lifted her head a little so the bottom of her face was still covered.

They made eye contact that none of them dared to break. Some kind of electricity run through his body, when he noticed her red eyes and nose. Her shocked expression changed to recognition, then to confusion as of asking him what was he doing there. He couldn’t make himself utter a word. For a second there, he forgot about the prank he and Sehun pulled or about two angry giants that were after him or that his vocal coach was going to be mad at him for being late. His whole attention was focused on her eyes. Especially her irises. They were cold and warm at the same time. 'She looks tired' was his second thought after analyzing her face and recognizing her as the trainee he often saw at the practice room. And then the reality came crushing down on him when he saw movement on her lips. She was saying something.

“Hey,” she waved her hand to snap him out of trance “are you okay?”

“Uhh… y-yeah,” he stuttered but didn’t forget to be polite.

“You’re… Baekhyun, right?” she hesitated for a bit. He could only nod but her voice sounded gentle and he wanted to hear her talk more.

“Yes. Uhm… and you’re Irene?”

She nodded her head calmly and his thoughts about her being  here alone were interrupted again when she asked “ what are you doing here?” slightly confused.

“And what are you doing here?” he couldn’t help but snicker. Irritation took place on her face.

“I believe, I asked you first. So you should answer first.”  He showed her his little smile and brushed his bangs back. His long locks were cut some time ago and he just had to show off that. Well, why not try to be handsome in front of the girl so beautiful. Even with puffed eyes.

“Me? Well I’m just exploring the building. And you, I believe are crying the river here.”

“I’m not crying” she quickly answered and stood up from her sitting position because it was tiring to look at him from below. Her height was higher than him as he was standing lower step. Irene managed to hide her embarrased face behind her black  hair and squinted her eyes down to look at the stairs.

Noise was heard from, she assumed, the first floor and Baekhyun looked down beside her, leaning on railings. Someone was running with heavy breathing. '' he will be caught soon.

Irene didn’t even realized when he wrapped his hand around her left wrist and pulled her upstairs. She definitely was shocked by a sudden movement but didn’t let out much noise. Baekhyun was moving quick  and when they’ve got through the roof door, cold October wind welcomed them. Irene shivered from cold, her shirt being thin. She couldn’t even take a deep breathe when Baekhyun pulled her to the back of the door. The roof was empty except some ventilation pipes, that were coming from the roof ground.

Her back was pressed to the wall and she sensed his warm hands on her shoulders. To some extent she was frustrated and confused with the situation. So Irene thought of asking of why he did even drag her with him. And as she opened , the roof door also whacked open and Baekhyun managed to close with his hand. His another hand slipped from her shoulder and made contact with the wall behind her. Irene stopped breathing. Her big eyes widened as she stared at his profile. 'Too close, he’s too close.'

His breathing was rapid, eyes darting out of fear. Nevertheless, his focus was on voice coming from distant. That’s Tao. Baekhyun recognized his accent in Korean. And some profanities in Mandarin betrayed the Chinese man.

It felt like forever when the door opened again and closed. Afterwards, when nothing happened and nothing was heard, Baekhyun released a deep breath he was holding. His head was hanging low when he finally noticed that he was cornering someone. Slowly he took away his hand from Irene’s mouth and backed away, looking anywhere but her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter