Club

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO came to their shooting in the morning. They were models for IVY CLUB clothing brand. As it was august, the start of semester for school students, they were doing a photo shoot in ‘school concept’. Sometimes there were other models who would do a collaboration shoot with them. Last autumn and winter was with actress Seo Ye Ji. This time, it was going to be someone from their company.

To promote their new rookie group SM has requested Irene to do the shoot together with the boys. She was shocked, but got excited the next minute and agreed to do it. The contract was signed for a year.

Irene came right after EXO, in the other minivan along with her manager. Going into the building she was introduced to the brand’s staff and photographer. When she got changed and got her makeup done, Irene met the boys who were wearing on their jackets.

“Irene-ah! You’re here,” exclaimed Suho when he saw her.

“Oh, annyonghaseyeo,” she greeted him with timid smile. They had known each other since they became trainees and were always polite to each other. Other members noticed her too.

“Noona,” Baekhyun smiled at her. Irene got flustered because of his cute face and smiled shyly back. After bowing to them and greeting, Irene got called by staff to pose with D.O and Xuimin. They shot by small groups at first.

Standing in their cute school uniforms, the trio smiled at the flashing camera. Before settling with the final shots, they checked together with photographer for the most suitable and beautiful pictures. The next groups proceeded after.

“Okay, now I want some individual shots. Kai can you come here?” the photographer asked the idol.

“They always take his photos first,” Baekhyun whispered to the girl standing next to him. Irene smiled, “well, he is the visual, right?”

“He is not the only visual, Sehun is visual too,” Baekhyun said rolling his eyes and crossing his arms on his chest. “There you go,” he said a few minutes, pointing at the maknae, who made his way to the shooting area. Irene looked at Baekhyun with smirk visible on her face.

“By the way, we have our official fandom name now,” the boy said excitedly.

“Yeah, it is exol, right?” Irene replied.

“You’re right. How did you know?” Baekhyun smiled and slurped in thought, “are you… an exol yourself?” he gave her a sly smirk. Irene punched him in the shoulder lightly.

“What? Am I wrong?” he laughed seeing her scoffing.

“No. You are partly right,” she smiled at him, “I like your songs.”

“Pfft… only songs? What about the group?”

“I like the group too,” Irene nodded.

“Do you have a favorite member?” Baekhyun asked.

“No,” she answered confidently.

“You answered too quickly,” Baekhyun said.

“That was not quick.”

“It was. Come on, who is it?” he motioned for her to speak.

“Okay. I like Chanyeol’s rapping,” Irene said nodding.

“Aish…” he didn’t expect that, “what about me?” Baekhyun pouted, his eyebrows rising slightly. He still had his arms crossed. Irene wanted to kill the little butterflies in her stomach that threatened to appear. ‘Why are you like this?’

“Your singing is quite good too,” the girl continued looking in the direction of shooting from backstage.

“Quite?” Baekhyun scoffed looking away from her.

“I haven’t heard you singing live. That’s why I can’t tell if you’re that good,” Irene smiled prying at him from below her lashes.

“Are you indirectly asking me to sing for you?” Baekhyun turned to her.

 Irene only smiled at him and walked away to have her photo shoot with Sehun, who was finished with his individual shooting. Her ignoring his question made him more curious and he started to think again.

‘Chanyeol..? Hmmm… she really has taste.’ Baekhyun chuckled at the thought.

All the individual and group shoots were done, and they had a small break for changing their outfits before doing a big group photo shoot. Irene was placed in the middle first but, “Irene-ssi, could you stand to the left side beside Xuimin-ssi and Baekhyun-ssi? Yes, thank you!”

Irene saw Baekhyun smirking at her when she stood right next to him and smiled back. When Baekhyun put his left leg on the chair and posed for the camera, he accidentally pushed Irene’s back with a big book in his hand. She couldn’t look at him during the process of shooting and only smiled. In between the clicks, she heard Baekhyun whispering sorry to her. When he was ignored, he pushed her again. But this time, it was on purpose.

“What?” Irene asked glancing at his side and then at the backstage.

“You didn’t answer me the last time,” he muttered lowly.

“Now is not the best time to talk, don’t you think?” she gritted her teeth in welcoming smile at the flashlights. Baekhyun was silent for the rest of the time. After a few minutes, they were told to change their outfits for the next shooting. Irene walked to the fitting room to change hers. Baekhyun giggled at how awkward she was off-cam during the whole session, no matter the big smiles she seemed to give to the camera.

When Baekhyun was done with the last outfit and was getting is makeup fixed he saw Irene wearing the same school uniform as his. Smiling and waiting for makeup noona to finish, he walked to the girl’s side.

“We are wearing the same. Don’t you think having a classmate like me would be fun?” he asked her.

“She is a year older than you. So she would be a sunbae to you,” Xuimin laughed hearing his remark.

“It’s all okay if we are at the same school,” Baekhyun showed his tongue at the elder one.

“I think having a classmate like you would be annoying,” Irene laughed.

“What? I know that I am tiresome, but how could you…?” Baekhyun pouted like a little child.

“She better have a classmate like me,” Suho pointed at himself.

“You’re the same age with hyung. So it’s logical,” Chanyeol said to Irene.

“Yeah, you guys are actually friends, right?” Chen asked.

“Yes, we… are,” Suho answered shyly rubbing his neck and glancing at Irene. The conversation was forgotten quickly.

“Okay, that is the final shoot, please, gather here,” their manager urged them.

Irene stood in the center this time, her hair neatly held in ponytail. After the clicks and flashlights ended, EXO was asked to give an interview.

“Irene, you’re going to be interviewed after the boys, so stay near,” Irene’s manager informed her. She nodded mutely and observed the set once again. Staff was quietly cleaning at the backstage. The balloons were untied and unaired for the reuse again. Glancing under her feet, she saw the fallen confetti and that other staff was brushing under her feet. Trying not to be a disturbance to them she stood at the far back of the set.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter