Friend

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun woke up early. Really early. More precisely, he slept only a few hours, when their manager came to wake them up.

EXO’s schedule was becoming more and more packed. And it did give Baekhyun much stress. At first he was always excited to discover more and tried not to show his weaknesses. The energy he spread was welcomed with laughter from the first days he became a trainee and everyone adored him for his personality.

“Yah, can you not disturb me at least when I’m showering?! You are pissing me off. Get out!” Well, not everyone. Xuimin just kicked him out of the bathroom that, unfortunately, was shared by 12 people.

“Minseok hyung, you take a lot of time to just rinse off the sleepiness from your face. I could be done in 5 minutes and you are just wasting the water. That amount could easily be shared by three people,” the younger one complained. “I can’t wait for you guys to move out,” he kicked the door and regreted it immediately.

“You have to wait longer for that,” Xuimin smirked as he went out, a towel wrapped around his waist. “I can’t wait to kick you out of our room!”

Baekhyun wanted to poke his stomach to tickle, when the elder stopped him by twisting his arm behind the back. Baekhyun yelled out of an instant pain but it didn’t last long. Annoyingly cringing his face at Xuimin , he quickly stepped into the bathroom. After refreshing shower, they got ready for another busy day. Baekhyun picked the first found clothes in his closet and checked his phone.

As promised, there was a text from Baekbeom that informed him about the snack bars. Baekhyun asked him to send some to his dorm as he couldn’t go to Bucheon himself. Even if it was about thirty minutes away from Seoul. But he surely missed his home with home cooked meals made by his mother and nice evening talks with his father.

After sending him the text, Baekhyun made his way to door where everyone were, ready to leave.

                                                                                                                                     

Few days later, Baekhyun got an order delivered to him the day after because ‘Jinae was away for a while and came back on the weekend’. Smiling to himself, he stuffed the bars to his bag.

As soon as their practice ended that day, Baekhyun flew out of the room to go find his new friend. He did not know where she would be, so he decided to just look through each practice room and studio.

'This is a bad idea. Maybe I’ll just give it to her when I see her-' “ouch…” his thoughts were knocked out.

The door of the recording studio he was standing in front and thinking, banged him right in the forehead. He hissed a bit. Rubbing his head, he heard apologies coming from the person. His breath was caught at the sight. A pretty sight, nevertheless.

“Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?” cold hand pressed on his forehead.

“N-no, no, no. I mean, yes! Everything’s fine, T-Taeyeon sunbae,” he stuttered, suddenly shy.

“Just call me - noona,” she smiled at him.

“O-okay,” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. He totally forgot that he was looking for someone and was hypnotized by the beauty in front of him when other two SNSD members came out. They greeted him. Tiffany and Seohyun shared meaningful look before glancing at the couple. That’s what they liked to call Taeyeon and her crush, young boy who was standing in front of them now. Though Baekhyun did not get any of the stares, he stood there surrounded by his seniors, having one of the greatest time of his life.

“Baekhyun-ah, what is this in your hands?” Seohyun noticed.

“Ah… these are protein bars. I’m on a diet so…” he trailed with answer.

“Really? What kind of bars? We haven’t seen them in stores.” Girls were interested now. “This packaging is unique.”

“My brother’s friend makes them. She only has a store back in Bucheon.”

“Right. You’re from Bucheon,” Taeyeon said and the boy was so nervous out of happiness that was filling his heart. 'She is talking to me. Stop Baekhyun, you’re behaving like a little a boy. Get a grip on yourself and do something!'

“Do you want to try? I have quite a lot and they are totally organic,” he said, already pushing his hand to the bag to get some.

“Yeah… sure. Thank you,” the girls smiled at him. Getting the chance of when the boy was not looking, Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon’s ear, smiling mischievously. Taeyeon frowned at her and was going to comment on her stupid idea. But Tiffany already beat her to it.

“Baekhyun, do you want to hang out with us tonight? We are going out for a dinner,” she smiled widely inviting him.

“Dinner?” Baekhyun tried to make his gulp less visible. 'Man, that was hard.'

“You are already finished, right?” Seohyun added.

“Uhh… yeah. But I-”

“You can come with boys. It’s gonna be fun,” Taeyeon finally voiced out her thoughts. She was supposed to be glaring at girls, which she thought was reasonable, at first. But now, that their silly idea to get him and Taeyeon closer was known, she actually found ‘the silly idea’ appealing. Really appealing.

“…I’ll ask our manager, first,” he slowly said staring at Taeyeon. Her beauty was mesmerizing, that’s for sure.

“If he doesn’t allow, just ask us, okay? You guys deserve some rest and some good grilled meat,” Tiffany was happy that her plan was going to work.

“O-Okay. Thank you SNSD sunbaenims!” he bowed lowly, stepped back and went the other way, since he was keeping them at door. Just… great.

“So cute, isn’t he, Taeyeon-ah?” Tiffany and Seohyun just laughed at their blushing leader, who was running away from them.

 

His heart was still beating out of its pace but that was not something dangerous. 'Why did they want to have dinner with us? We did not make our debut neither we are famous yet. Maybe, it’s for the better. We are future colleagues anyway.' He thanked God for the nth time for being signed under SM.

In times like these he could forget all his anxieties and depression. He could just live in a moment and be happy, reminding himself that all the hard work and struggles will be worth it in the end.

And he definitely forgot his purpose of having the bag of bars in his hands, walking through corridors. Until he didn’t hear noises. Group of female trainees were going out of the dance practice room, all tired and weak after a long day. He noticed the cat eyed girl with a ponytail and called for her.

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” Seulgi asked other girls to wait outside the building and headed straight to a boy standing in the corner.

“Ohh… hello. Are you guys finished?” Baekhyun asked looking through the retreating girls and around.

“Yeah…” she answered also moving her head around. “Were you waiting for someone?” her eyes curiously glancing at him.

“Not really…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter