Certain

the love life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAMA 2015

Baekhyun was in the dressing room after the show ended. He danced so much that his feet in tightly worn shoes were hurting a bit. He wouldn’t be surprised if he has some calluses already.

“Gosh, I’m so tired.”

“Hey! No one is going home tonight. We are going to the bar called ‘Moore’.”

“What is the purpose?”

“Manager said to hang out with SM Town. We are literally packed from next week,” Suho said teasingly, “so this is the last chance, everybody!”

“I’ll pass,” Baekhyun mumbled into the seat. Somehow during this minute, he slipped on his back from the leather sofa and was plastered face down on it. Sehun, who actually could sit near him, decided to sit on Baekhyun’s , making the male growl.

“I’ll go,” Sehun said laying on Baekhyun with his back. From the side, it looked like Baekhyun was sandwiched between the maknae and the soft seat.

“Okay, then if Baekhyun doesn’t go, one more seat for Red Velvet…” Suho stated scratching him from the list in his mind.

“Red Velvet is going too?!” Baekhyun jumped up from his laying position making Sehun fall in the process.

“Easy! What’s gotten into you?” Chen said drinking his water.

“Just… Hyung, are girls really going?” Baekhyun his lips coming closer to Suho. Immediate excitement was seen from his perked ears and eyes of a puppy.

“Not only them, but our seniors too. I told you, it’s SM Town gathering-party type of thing.”

“I am going,” Baekhyun replied disappearing in fast speed behind the door.

“What’s wrong with him?” Sehun mumbled rubbing his back.

 

The male passed for a few meters before he found a door with a Red Velvet tag on it. He paused after he saw f(x) tag above it.

“It doesn’t matter… I’ll just make sure she comes,” he muttered under his breath. He knocked on the door twice before there was a sign that he could enter.

“Hi Baekhyun-ah, what are you doing here?” one of the f(x) members said. Every head turned around to look at the only male in the room.

“Hello everyone,” Baekhyun greeted, his heart starting to race the second he notices Irene. She was chatting with her manager.

She noticed that there was someone else in the room when she looked back at her mirror. Shocked and confused if she was seeing things, Irene turned around to actually find Baekhyun standing there.

“Irene-ssi, can I talk with you for a minute?” Baekhyun earned weird glances from girls and the staff in the room. But he didn’t give a damn about anything and just kept staring at the girl who has been taking his breath away for a while now.

“Ah, yes. Okay,” Irene stood up from her seat walking closer to the guy or to the exit. But when she passed by glaring at him questioningly, Baekhyun understood that it was the latter. How he wanted to hug her, dear God. And that look she gave him, my oh my… ‘I am going to faint soon if I keep thinking about it.’

Red Velvet noticed the little smirk that was plastered on his face.

When the door behind him was closed Irene started the talk. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Uhm… I wanted to know if you girls are coming to the bar tonight? It is a newly opened bar and all SM is going to be there.”

“We are going. But you could ask it in front of everyone, inside. They are part of SM too.” There it was again. The knowing-judging look.

“I know. But I wanted to be sure that you are coming too. And also, we have an unfinished talk from before.” Baekhyun hesitated if he should bring it up here.

“What talk?”

At that time there were some boy groups passing by which greeted them politely.

“I see that you are close with a lot of boy groups,” said Baekhyun after they were left alone again. Irene looked at him not sure what was he implying.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing.”

“Okay. Let’s talk when we get to the bar.” Irene said and entered back to the dressing room that Baekhyun couldn’t say anything.

During the show tonight, when EXO were performing, he felt hundred of gazes directed to his persona, but only one of them could make his heart go up and down like crazy. They didn’t talk on the show and were acting very professional with each other yet every time there was something that pulled his eyes to the girl’s side.

When Irene was back in the dressing room she got the looks from girls which were definitely curious what private talk she had with a male idol.

“Nothing much. He was asking if we are going to the party tonight.”

“Really? Is that everything you guys talked about?” Wendy asked in low voice only for Irene to hear. They didn’t want to involve their seniors in this.

“Seungwan,” the leader glared at her with scary look which didn’t seem to scare the vocalist, “yeah. That is all.”

“If you girls are ready we should head back to dorm,” their manager came just in time to save Irene from answering any further.

 

‘Moore’ club had a rooftop bar with a beautiful view over the city. The happy singing and laughter was heard all the way through the bar. It’s been already past midnight but SM artists didn’t think of going back home yet. After a few shots and food eaten, they still decided to have a break.

Irene went to the restroom with Seulgi, and just when she was about to get back to the table, she got a text on her phone. Baekhyun sent her the message saying that he is waiting for her on the terrace.

Noticing how he really wasn’t seen near the crowd at the table or near EXO, Irene went out to look for him outside.

“Why did you come out without any coat on?” she heard him scolding as soon as she went out on the terrace. Cold winter night was freezing and she hugged herself to keep the warmth in the body.

“What are you doing here?”

“Remember, we needed to talk?” Baekhyun came closer to her taking off his puffed jacket. He placed it around her shoulders so she wouldn’t freeze.

“Why are you giving me this? Aren’t you going to get cold too?” Irene furrowed her brows resisting accepting the cloth from him.

“Wear it or I am going to get mad!” Baekhyun said in imperative but still soft tone. He was taking care of her. ‘What’s with him?’

Irene wasn’t going to lie. She felt the goose bumps running from his warm touch on her shoulders. It felt like her body was well aware of his presence near her and was reacting to the close proximity. She looked up at him and saw the stare he was giving her.

Irene coughed awkwardly distancing herself from Baekhyun. He too felt weird that they stood alone on the terrace. Before it was all really comfortable. They would hang out together on SM’s rooftop many times and there wouldn’t be felt anything besides comfortableness.

From that incident on rooftop a few months have gone by. Baekhyun didn’t even realize how he started feeling and thinking many different things about her since then. Confusion, fear, tenderness, adoration, excitement, delight, hope and love. In another words – butterflies in the stomach.

“Ahem… the party is going very fun tonight, right?” he said not knowing where to start the conversation and where to lead. He just felt the need to figure everything out today.

“Yeah. So far it is going really fun,” Irene answered looking at the city view same as him. Wrapping the jacket tightly to herself she smelled the fresh manly perfume. It smelled like Baekhyun’s. That made her smile a little.

“I broke up with Taeyeon.”

“I know.”

“Not in October but earlier than that.”

“I know.”

Baekhyun looked at her taking a huge breath and trying to say something but there was a lot in his mind.

“So that night…,” he felt his pulse getting faster, “ when… I… I almost wanted to… to…” Baekhyun struggled to say it out loud. ‘How to say to your friend that you see her no longer as a friend but a girl you like.’

Irene looked at him, her heartbeat rising to the sky, and held her breath still. She had a feeling he was leading to something that she wanted to hear but didn’t want to get her hopes up yet.

“What you wanted?” she asked instead.

“I wanted to,” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck. “I wanted to kiss you,” he closed his eyes out of embarrassment. But he was also curious of what her reaction would be so he opened his eyes immediately.

Irene stood there, her eyes wide, not believing what she just heard. ‘Is it all a dream now?’

“I sound very stupid and I don’t know what you feel about it or about me, and I don’t want this to get awkward between us so… So I wanted to clarify all of this before you start hating me and…” Baekhyun started all his thoughts at once.

“What do you want me to feel about you then?” Irene asked not being able to break away her gaze form his shy and flustered face.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean just that.”

“I… I don’t know.” Baekhyun looked back at her. His expression screaming confused. His silver hair was blown because of the wind which seemed very soft.

Her standing there beautifully, wrapped in his jacket that was too big for her. Eyes glistening in the dark with thousand little lights, his mind suddenly stopped working. Instead his heart took the leadership in his actions. He wanted to protect her always. His eyes turned tender. The confusion left his heart leaving place for one thing only.

“All I know is that I like you.” ‘There. I have said it. Am I freaking out? What is she going to respond?’ Baekhyun never felt so nervous confessing his feelings to the girl. Even with his ex girlfriend it wasn’t that hard.

But Irene wasn’t any other girl. She was his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter