-12-

You In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina can't help but to giggle looking at the pair of sweaters that she's holding. It's a tradition to gather at Myoui's house to celebrate Christmas.  Since they spend their last vacation back at Alexis' hometown, they will be spending holidays at her family. The couple decided to go for a quick run at the mall to buy some gift for Mina's relative. Turning around she saw her fiancee couple of feet away from her looking at some candles, sniffing some. 

"Alex." She called, the latter turns towards her direction only to see her holding two sweaters with Christmas-y look on it. "Let's buy this and wear this later at Christmas eve dinner." Alexis raised her brow ready to say no but looking at her fiancee's look she just hung her head, her eyes closed sighing. 

"As if I can say no." That made Mina to smile widely, she hopped a little before approaching Alexis to give her a kiss on the cheek. They just wander around the mall looking for perfect gift not only for Mina's relatives but also to Alexis'. Since Mina didn't wear any mask or anything to cover her face earning so many people's attention but they are used to it now, Alexis is used to people always looking at them. 

 

Back at Myoui's home, everyone is excited and happy to spend time with Mina and Alexis who somehow became close to them but one of Mina's aunt still didn't like the latter for some reason, she knows it but she just let it as like what she said before you can't please everyone. 

"I'll just get a water." Alexis said looking at Mina. "Want me to bring you water?" Mina shakes her head smiling at her fiancee. Excusing herself she made her way to the kitchen. 

"I still can't believe you let Mina date a girl, a lesbian." One thing Alexis did while dating Mina is actually learn Japanese for easy conversation with her family. Leaning her back against the wall she hung her head. 

"There is nothing wrong with her dating Alex." Mina's mother said. "Alex is a nice girl and I can see that she makes my daughter happy. It's enough for us to let them date."

"Is being happy enough?" Mina's aunt scoff. "Can't you see the possibility of her ruining Mina's career?" 

"Mom can you please stop?" One of Mina's cousin said. "Why can't you just let them be, Aunt Sachiko and Uncle Akira is fine with their relationship." She heard him sigh. "Alex is a great girl, Mina also said that Alex treated her well unlike to those boys who Mina met."

"I know and I always heard that she's a great girl, I can see it but Mina lost ao many opportunities because of their relationship." The cousin sigh shaking his head while Mrs. Myoui not liking what she is hearing. 

"Mina almost debuted as an actress, so many producers and directors wanted to have Mina as their lead but backing out because she's basically a lesbian." What Alexis hate the most is hearing how Mina lost so many opportunities because of her. She's willing to let Mina act and be an actress but having the kind of relationship they have always has a negative effect on her career, she's sorry about it. All she can do is sigh leaning her head back. 

A soft thud, probably from the freezer is heard followed by a foot step. 

"Oh Alex." Raising her head she smiled at Mina's cousin. Mina's mother and aunt looked at his direction only to find Alexis standing in front of him. 

"I... I will." She can't make an eye contact with anyone inside the kitchen. "I am just getting a glass of water." Giving them a lip tight smile she went to get herself a glass and a water before fleeing the kitchen. 

"Do you think she heard what I've said?" Mina's aunt asked turning to his mother he sighs shaking his head in disappointment. 

"Mom can you please just let them be." He gave a glace at the hallway checking if Alexis is still there. "Just be happy that someone is making our Mina happy." 

 

Mina spotted Alexis at the backyard sitting alone. After she got back from the kitchen she can see the shift of the latter's mood. She became quiet and will only answer when she's being asked making her worried at her fiancee. 

"It's too cold outside." She said catching Alexis' attention. As the latter turns around she saw her holding a stick of lit cigarette. Alexis developed a habit of regularly smoking while working as a professor as it helps her when she's stress not only with teaching but also with paper works.

Dabbing the cigarette by the ashtray resting by the table. It's a regular sight for Mina to see her fiancee smoking as she knows it helps her be calm. Pulling out a small tin can of mints she popped three small mint candies, before putting it back in her jean's pocket. 

"Is everything alright Lex?" Taking a seat she patted the empty chair beside her. Without second thoughts Alexis sat beside Mina. The Japanese girl immediately took Alexis' hand giving it a squeeze. 

"Am I..." Alexis took a deep breath. "Am I ruining your career?" Mina was taken aback with her question. "You had so many offers of being a lead actress, many producers and directors wanted you to be in their drama but it keeps on getting cancelled because..."

"Because of what?" There it is again, Alexis feels guilty at many opportunities that Mina missed because of her. 

"Because you're with a woman." Mina's brows furrowed, she thinks she have an idea why Alexis is acting all upset. She knows one of her aunt doesn't approve her relationship with Alexis. She keeps on telling her that there will be a time where Mina regret her desicion to be with Alexis. 

"No." She answered shaking her head. "You are not ruining my career Alex." She started massaging the latter's hand hoping that it can calm her even a little. 

"Those dramas, I never even wanted to be lead there anyway." Opening Alexis' hand she started drawing circles on her hand, a habit that she's always doing to her. As an assurance Mina leaned forward giving Alexis a peck on the lips. 

 

Mina tried her best to lighten up Alexis' mood which worked as she's being all Alexis again, she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter