I'm Not Special

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I'm back (for a bit, I'll be gone again for my finals) with a DOUBLE UPDATE! So make sure to read this chapter first or else it'll be kinda confusing. Tbh, it's maybe not really a double update? I just needed the chapters to split in a better way so the story didn't look as weird HAHA. Enjoy! We love happy stuff ^^

Yuqi flopped onto Shuhua the moment she entered the Taiwanese's room.

"Oof-"

"Ya! Song Yuqi get off me you're heavy." Shuhua grunted while trying to push her best friend off her.

"But I miss youuuuu! We live together but I feel like I haven't seen you much" a whine escaped Yuqi's lips.

Hearing that, Shuhua stopped struggling and allowed Yuqi to lie on her. She's been so busy with her assignments and revision and perhaps a certain girl group that she neglected her best friend.

A poke to the Chinese's waist caused the girl to yelp in surprise slightly.

The whine that came after made the Taiwanese laugh. "I'm sorry for not being around. You know you're important to me right?"

"Hmmmmm do I?" the girl drawled, her imaginary beard.

"Oh shut up. Come on, let's get ice cream. My treat."

"I knew you loved me!" Yuqi sobbed dramatically, pretending to wipe her tears.

----------

"Ohhh Miyeon unnie is going to be the main-lead in a new web drama."

"What?! Let me see!"

A phone was shoved in Shuhua's face, and she quickly scanned through the article.

The talented IDLE's main vocalist, Miyeon, will be starring in a new web drama alongside popular boy group member NCT's Jaehyun. Their visuals together will leave the viewers breathless in this heart fluttering web drama!

Below the article were pictures of Miyeon posing cutely side-by-side with her handsome co-star.

Unknownst to herself, Shuhua's eyes narrowed as she looked at the pictures, a slight frown painted on her face.

"...heart fluttering drama?!"

A hand was slapped onto Shuhua's mouth, muffling the words. "Ya Shuhua why are you so mad for?!"

"Mhmm mMm Hmphh-"

The hand was removed from Shuhua's lips.

"I wasn't mad. I-uhm I was just shocked."

Even Shuhua was shocked by her reaction. She wasn't sure what was wrong but she felt slightly irritated just looking at the pictures of Miyeon and Jaehyun together. Maybe it was how Jaehyun's charming features looked so good next to Miyeon's sweet smile. But then again, why did that annoy her?

The two foreigners continued their ice cream date, chit-chatting and teasing each other like they always do. Yuqi was someone Shuhua could count on and the girl treasured her best friend dearly. She missed being with Yuqi, just the two of them. Ice cream plus your best friend, the perfect combination. So, today was going great, Shuhua thinks.

Though, somehow, Shuhua wondered why her favourite ice cream seemed to taste bitter today.

----------

It was after mid-terms and Shuhua was taking some time to finish up a couple of assignments before she would take it easier for awhile.

So of course, she was at The Shuhua Cube again. The girl was wrapped up in a thick hoodie and accompanied by a cup of coffee which had inevitably turned cold in the hours that Shuhua was in the room. No, she didn't have that much work to do right now. But she thinks that it'd be okay to procrastinate once in awhile.

Shuhua was doodling randomly on her notebook when she was interrupted by a knock on her door. "Shuhua? Are you busy? Can I come in?"

"Unless you're Minnie, Soojin or Soyeon unnie, then no." the younger sings-songs.

A scoff was heard from the other side of the door, "Brat. I'm coming in."

The door swung open and the singer stomped towards Shuhua sulkily before she stopped and gave the younger a soft flick on the forehead. Shuhua responded with a whine and Miyeon couldn't help but think that it was the cutest sight ever. The singer peered over Shuhua's shoulder to look at what the younger was doing and she noticed that the younger was drawing and writing on her beige notebook again.

A cute wolf, a vampire some other random words in Mandarin.

Wow, looks like someone's Twilight phase came a little late, the singer thought to herself as she chuckled internally.

"Shuhua, what do you do with that notebook? I always see you hold it, even when you're not studying."

"Oh this thing?" the younger poked her notebook with her pen and looked at the singer who nodded in response.

The younger appeared to think, "Well, I don't really know. I just have a habit of writing things down when I have random thoughts or if there are things I want to do. So I like to keep this book close to me."

The singer nodded, absorbing the information so that she could add it to her mental list of things she knows about Shuhua.

The maltese-like girl spun around in her chair and faced the singer, "Unnie, you've been busy right? How's everything been?". The Taiwanese had put her pen down, placing all her attention on the singer infront of her.

Shuhua learned that Miyeon was almost done filming her web drama which was why she was extremely busy. One story led to another, and Miyeon ended up telling stories of what happened on-set.

"And so Jaehyun just slipped right on the banana peel!" Miyeon said, clapping her hands estatically as she recalled the story.

Shuhua laughed loudly, not just at the story but at how excited Miyeon was.

Unnie must have had fun then.

"Is Jaehyun ssi nice to you?"

"Hm? Oh yea definitely. He's a real gentleman."

A weird uncomfortable feeling welled up in Shuhua's chest but she pushed it away. Her unnie didn't do anything wrong.

"Anyway Shuhua, I gotta go. This is a secret but we're gonna have our comeback soon so we got lots of things to do."

"Wow, unnie you're so busy. Okay, please take care of yourself." the Taiwanese frowned lightly in concern. Back to back filming for her web drama, coupled with preparation for her group's comeback. Shuhua wondered how Miyeon could keep up and still manage to keep her brightness and liveliness.

The singer merely grinned at Shuhua as she leaned closer and patted the younger's cheek softly, "I'll be okay. Besides, if I fall sick, you'll take care of me right?"

Shuhua almost choked on her own saliva but she managed to sputter out a broken "Of course" at the singer who wouldn't stop staring at her with those beautiful doe eyes.

Satisfied with Shuhua's reply, the singer patted her hair softly before leaving the Shuhua Cube.

She's gonna drive me crazy.

----------

Shuhua was in the school's study lounge waiting for Yuqi when she overheard a conversation by a group of girls at the other table.

"Have you watched Replay? It's so disgusting that the IDLE is acting in the drama with Jaehyunnie. Couldn't they pick anyone else?"

Shuhua's ears perked up at the mention of IDLE and she couldn't h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter