Five Things

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I'm back (for a bit, I'll be gone again for my finals) with a DOUBLE UPDATE! This is the SECOND part so please make sure you read the previous chapter if you haven't or it's gonna be weird. This one's pretty short but please enjoy!


From: Clumsy Unnie

Did I do something wrong?
 


From: Clumsy Unnie

Why are you ignoring me?
 


From: Clumsy Unnie

Let's talk. Please.


Shuhua scanned the texts and closed them with a sigh. Why was Miyeon making it so hard for her?

The Taiwanese was working an evening shift at Chorong's cafe. Business was slow, which was something she usually enjoyed. But right now, all she wanted was to be so busy that she couldn't think. Because she doesn't like her thoughts anymore. Not when all she could think about was a certain singer.

Welp, another 30 minutes and I can start closing up.

Some time later, Shuhua heard the doorbell, signalling the entry of a customer.

"Welco-" she looked up and came face to face with a familiar, pretty, masked figure.

"Miyeon unnie..." Shuhua gulped nervously, her hands that were holding onto a broom were trembling slightly.

"Shuhua." the singer called out as she looked directly at the younger.

The Taiwanese kept silent, too stunned to say anything and she didn't trust her dumb mouth right now.

This didn't please the singer though, she scoffed lightly "You're going to ignore me even in person now?". Her tone sounded disappointed and Shuhua felt horrible.

Miyeon sighs, "Can we talk? Please?", her voice cracked slightly at the end and that absolutely shattered Shuhua.

"..Okay. I'll close up the shop now." spoke Shuhua softly and the singer simply nodded and waited for the younger by the door.

Once Shuhua was done, she walked towards Miyeon who suggested that they went somewhere else to talk.

The singer grabbed Shuhua's wrist and pulled her along gently like she always did.

They walked, and walked, and walked. No words exchanged between them throughout until they reached the Han River. The vocalist let go of Shuhua's wrist and removed her mask and hoodie before she turned to the girl.

Shuhua looked at Miyeon and it was only now that she realised just how tired Miyeon looked. There were visible dark circles under the singers bloodshot eyes. For the first time, the singer wasn't wearing that stupidly bright smile of hers but a slight frown. Despite how tired she looked, Shuhua thought that Miyeon was still hauntingly beautiful under the moonlight.

"Shuhua. Did I do something wrong?" the singer asked softly.

"No, you didn't."

"Then why? You've been avoiding me."

"I-I wasn't"

The singer closed her eyes, biting her bottom lip to keep herself from crying in frustration.

"Cut the crap and stop lying to me." Miyeon stared directly into the younger's eyes with her own teary eyes, "Please."

The singer sounded so broken and it tore Shuhua apart. She didn't mean for this to happen.

"I...I thought it was for the better. You- You're too good for me." Shuhua confessed.

"You shouldn't waste time on me. You've improved in dancing after you stopped wasting time on me. You also have many more friends who are like you and better than me. I just thought that you didn't need me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter