The Shuhua Cube

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next couple of weeks, it wasn't uncommon for Shuhua to drop by CUBE Entertainment to pass IDLE some drinks and even to have small talk with the security guard, Mr Kim.

He was an Ahjussi, around the age of her own father and he was always nice to her as well as the IDLE members.

This time, the Taiwanese was caught before she could drop off her treats to IDLE.

Miyeon pleaded with Mr Kim to allow her to sneak Shuhua into the company. Hands clasped, big round eyes, finished off with a pout that would melt the hearts of any villian from a Batman movie. Mr Kim just shut his eyes and waved them off, "I didn't see anyone enter at 2pm."

A warm cup of coffee landed on his table before the Taiwainese was dragged away by the singer into the building.

"See you later Mr Kim!" whispered (she tried, she's naturally loud) Shuhua with a tiny wave.

Mr Kim shook his head but didn't hide the small smile the crept onto his face.

"These charming kids are gonna get me in trouble one day."

----------

"Unnie, are you sure I'm allowed to be here?" asked the younger with shifty eyes.

The duo passed by various practice rooms. The nauseating smell of perfume mixed with sweat wafted through the air which made Shuhua dizzy. Loud music and synchronised footsteps could be heard from the rooms.

So this is where Miyeon unnie practices.

"Let's go to my practice room. It's on the 8th floor."

The singer dragged the younger towards the stairwell.

"Wait unnie noooo I hate stairs!"

----------

By the time they've reached the 8th floor, the duo were panting and huffing. The Taiwanese had her hands on her knees as she bent over to catch her breath.

"Why are you even tired?! Don't you need to climb this all the time?"

"You-you were GRABBING onto me for a whole 4 floors!" glared the singer.

Shuhua stuck her tongue out playfully which the singer responded with an eye roll.

"Anyway, you can't blame me." Miyeon trailed off and turned to look at the younger who was behind her.

"I usually take the lift." smiled the singer cheekily.

Shuhua's head snapped up and her eyebrows scrunched up in annoyance.

''We could've taken the lift?!''

----------

The singer pushed open the doors to IDLE's designated practice room whenever they were preparing for a comeback.

''Miyeon is back - eh? Shuhua?'' Minnie greeted in surprise.

The IDLE members were sprawled out on the floor as usual, even though they had sofas and chairs.

The Taiwanese did feel awkward invading the sacred practice space of the singers but she managed to squeak out a quiet ''Hello unnies''.

Soojin greeted Shuhua with a gentle smile that alleviated some of her nervousness. The dancer was seated cross-legged on the floor, her shoulder length hair was swept back and tucked behind her ears. Soyeon's head was resting comfortably on the dancer's lap, her tiny figure rose and fell softly with each breath, signalling her slumber.

The dancer was the leader's hair softly, "Sorry, Soyeon was up all night in her studio so she's really tired after practice."

Shuhua nodded understandingly as Miyeon pulled her down take a seat near the members. The bag of snacks that Shuhua bought were placed on the ground.

''Shuhua, we finally get to see you again! Thanks for taking care of us.'' the Thai flashed a killer eyesmile.

''How did you get past Mr Kim anyway? I never managed to sneak a friend in. The old man's always so strict.''

''It's because I'm Mr Kim's favourite.'' the main vocal bragged with her chin up only to be met by a flick on her forehead by the Thai.

It wasn't long before the two started bickering about random nonsense. Shuhua felt like she was watching a VLIVE (yes, she has tuned in to a couple of IDLE's VLIVEs during her free time out of curiosity) and she couldn't help but let out a small giggle at their antics. Meanwhile, the noise roused Soyeon from her nap. Rubbing the sleep away from her eyes, the shorter girl sat up as she slowly became more aware of her surroundings. ''Oh? Hey there Shuhua. Been wanting to see you," Soyeon flashed a sleepy grin at the Taiwanese.

The leader looked even smaller dressed in a baggy shirt and her messy black locks made her look like a tiny little kitten. Shuhua thought she was impossibly adorable in contrast to her charismatic aura when she performs.

''Hi Soyeon unnie.''

''So, how have you been? Did Miyeon unnie treat you badly?'' the dancer smirked.

The main vocalist's protest was cut off, ''Yea actually. She made me climb all 8 floors when we could have taken the lift!''

Minnie let out an overly dramatic gasp as she pulled Shuhua towards her in a protective hug. ''How dare she?! The last time Miyeon climbed all 8 floors was probably over a year ago, yet she made you do it. Poor baby let's stay away from bad people like her.''

The Taiwanese nodded and snuggled closer to the Thai, savouring the look of betrayal on Miyeon's face while everyone burst out in laughter.

Shuhua felt an unfamiliar feeling of warmth. She didn't exactly have a close relation with the IDLE members, but she was oddly comfortable around them. Even Soyeon who she hasn't met since the charity event seemed to be able to make her relax with a single gummy smile.

It was strange.

The youngest glanced at a sulking Miyeon and she felt her heart skip a beat.

She placed a hand on her chest, feeling the irregular thump of her heart.

Huh...strange indeed.

----------

The girls spent the next hour just chatting and eatin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter