Blow Your Mind

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The main vocal skipped her way into Soyeon's recording studio to look for her beloved leader slash maknae.

"Oh? Miyeon unnie, you're back. Why aren't you resting?" the songwriter took off her headphones when she heard Miyeon enter.

"Why? Can't I check up on my precious maknae?" Miyeon ruffled Soyeon's hair playfully which induced a soft whine from the younger girl.

Despite being known as the "Fake Maknae" of IDLE, Miyeon actually takes really good care of her members. Especially her workaholic leader who she has a soft spot for.

''Here, I bought you your favourite tteokbokki.'' the eldest handed the snack to the maknae who accepted it gratefully.

''How's everything going?''

''So far, not bad. I have a rough idea of the melody of the song. It just needs a little tweaking here and there.'' the maknae answered in between bites.

''Do you need help?''

''Hmm, why not you take a listen and tell me what you think so far.''

The two spent the next forty-five minutes in the studio trying to improve the track that Soyeon was working on. Although the main vocalist was usually a silly dork, she gave feedback and ideas to Soyeon seriously.

Soyeon's tiny fingers danced gracefully across the keyboard, producing beautiful chords that make up the song.

''Ooo. This isn't bad right?''

Miyeon grinned, ''I think it sounds good.''

''Thanks for being here unnie. You seem to be in a good mood today.''

''Wait a minute, didn't you say you went out for coffee? Where's the coffee? You usually take ages to finish a cup.'' Soyeon pointed out.

Oh oops, she was supposed to get coffee.

''Well the thing is...'', Miyeon launched into an explanation of what happened during her supposed coffee run.

''Geez unnie, you're so whipped. I can't wait to meet your girl. You'll introduce us during the charity event right?'' the maknae teased the eldest with a light shove.

''Ya, stop making fun of me! I'm just excited to meet a new friend.'' Miyeon pouted.

----------

Night time came swiftly.

The girls of IDLE were all back in their dorm. The 98-line were huddled together in Soojin's room and chatting after the latter managed to drag the workaholic leader out from the studio. Minnie was knocked out in bed, snoring away after a long day.

The main vocalist? Well, she was currently sprawled out on her bed, clutching her phone tightly. Her finger hovered over the keyboard, typing and deleting her words over and over again.

''Dear Shuhua....'' No that's too formal.

''Hello Shuhua, I am Miyeon...." No that sounds weird.

Miyeon groaned as she tossed her phone on the bed and slammed a pillow over her face. It's just a simple text, why was she contemplating so much?

Get over it Cho Miyeon!

Taking a deep breath to calm her stupid nerves, the singer picked up her phone again and started typing in a message to a certain Taiwanese.

To: ShuShu, Clumsy Unnie's Angel

Hi Shuhua! It's your clumsy unnie here~

I'm glad that we could finally meet again today. Even though it was for a short while, walking with you was fun :>

The charity event on Saturday is at 4pm and will be at Yonsei University. Just let the usher know your name and they should let you and your friend into the event hall.

Goodnight and see you soon!

Send.

Not even three minutes later, Miyeon's phone vibrated with a soft ''Kakao!''.

From: ShuShu, Clumsy Unnie's Angel

Hey Miyeon unnie, I've been waiting for your text ><

Thanks for walking with me, I had fun too. I'll be there on Saturday.

Sleep well! ^.^

The main vocalist smiled to herself as she re-read the text a couple more times. Once she was done, she locked her phone and closed her eyes, letting sleep take her away.

For some reason, she recalled her dream that night smelling of roasted coffee beans and a hint of vanilla.


----------

''Yuqi ah, are you ready to go?''

''Yea I'm coming. Geez, you'll see your girl soon. Calm down.'' Yuqi teased and slung her bag over her shoulders.

While counting down to the charity event on Saturday, the Taiwanese and singer continued to exchange text messages with each other. Simple ''good mornings'', their daily TMIs, just small conversations here and there.

The two girls arrived at Yonsei University about an hour and a half early courtesy to Shuhua.

''We need to get the good spots!''

The auditorium was pretty empty at this timing (they were early after all). They were let in after Shuhua gave the usher her name and they managed to find a good seat near the front of the stage.

To: Clumsy Unnie

Miyeon Unnie~

We're already here! I'm so excited to watch your performance. Try to spot me :P

Fighting! >.<

Send.

''Ooohh since we're here, your girl is probably from Yonsei's singing club or something.'' the Chinese said while looking around the auditorium.

''Hmm, maybe you're right. And can you stop calling her that? She's not my girl.'' Shuhua glared at her best friend who simple laughed at her.

The two girls were chatting away happily to pass time when a notification sound from Shuhua's phone interrupted them. The Taiwanese unlocked her phone to see that Miyeon had replied to her previous message.

From: Clumsy Unnie

Wow, you guys are early. I'll work hard and perform well so that I can impress you!

Also, you want me to spot you? Don't worry, that won't be difficult.

I just have to look for the prettiest girl in the auditorium.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

What the...what's with this unnie. Such a sweet talker...

''Ya Shuhua, are you okay? You're really red right now.'' Yuqi asked concernedly as she placed the back of her palm on her best friend's forehead.

''It's nothing! I'm fine, it's just...really hot right now.'' Shuhua locked her screen frantically and shook Yuqi's hand off her forehead.

''Shuhua, you made me give you my jacket just five minutes ago.'' the Chinese raised her perfectly trimmed eyebrow.

''I think the performance is starting.'' Shuhua changed the subject, completely ignoring h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter