Things You Want to Buy (사고 싶은)

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The temperature in Seoul had dropped to "a number as low as my bank account" as said by Yuqi when Shuhua had complained through chattering teeth.

 

School had been the pretty much the same - stressful, boring - but this time, there was also the additional annoyance of a broken heater in one of Shuhua's usual lecture theatres.

 

Why the hell are we paying so much school fees for if they can't fix a damn heater?!

 

This cold winter however, was perfect for IDLE's latest release - HWAA. The Taiwanese and her best friend were sprawled out on the living room carpet watching TV. Why the carpet? The two were wrestling for the remote control and somehow their scuffle ended up with the two falling onto the ground trying to choke each other out. Shuhua ended up tapping out when Yuqi had her legs wrapped around her in an arm bar.

 

"Okay okay! I surrender! Take the damn remote!" gasped Shuhua as she desperately tapped the carpet lest her best friend accidentally (purposely?) kills her.

 

Fresh air rushes into her lungs once the Chinese releases her iron grip on Shuhua's poor arm, tossing the younger's limp arm onto the carpet and snatching the remote away.

 

"You shouldn't have challenged me. I've been wrestling since I was three years old y'know."

 

"Whatever." Shuhua sulked while staring at the ceiling, trying to ignore her embarrassing defeat. It wasn't her fault that Yuqi was built like a bull. She practically cheated.

 

With a press a button, the TV switched on and immediately, Shuhua perked up at the sound of IDLE's new song, HWAA. The girls were performing on Music Core

 

"This was what you wanted to watch?"

 

"Yeah duh, what else? Soyeon unnie's song is soooo good. She's god."

 

A pillow was flung into the side of Yuqi's head, knocking the girl over. "Then why the hell were we fighting for if we're gonna watch the same thing?!"

 

Her best friend whines were cut off with a simple threat: "Shut up or I'll tell Soyeon about that one time I caught you kissing a photocard of her."

 

Shuhua had to stifle a laugh when Yuqi widened her eyes comically, turning into a straight line.

 

Directing her attention back to the TV screen, Shuhua's eyes drifted to Miyeon. The main vocalist was dressed in a stunning black and red dress which fitted her so well. Her hair flowed elegantly as she danced and Shuhua thought that the choreography matched the song amazingly and she wondered how it would feel like to be slapped by Miyeon's luscious locks.

 

Yeh Shuhua that's gross!

 

Large doe eyes, the smell of toasted marshmallows, Miyeon was a lot of things to Shuhua. She was warm, kind, a little dumb and sometimes annoying. But it was during times like this when Miyeon was busy with work that Shuhua would really miss her unnie.

 

Stupid unnie hasn't even texted me in 3 days!

 

Shuhua shakes her head. Now she's just sounding like an obsessed girlfriend. Wait. She meant girl friend.

 

Groaning to herself, Shuhua flops first face into the couch pillow.

 

I'm going insane.

 

----------

 

It was quiet the following day in the cafe. The constant typing of a keyboard by a University student seated in a cozy corner was tuned out like white noise as Shuhua lazed about at the counter.

 

She felt like hell. Watching dramas till 5 in the morning knowing she was on shift was definitely a mistake. That being said, she'd probably do it again some other day because that's how she is.

 

She scrolled through Twitter absentmindedly, liking a bunch of IDLE (mainly Miyeon) related content and convincing herself that it was just to stay awake.

 

The ringing of the doorbell went unheard by the tired pale beauty. And so did the sound of footsteps towards the counter.

 

"Oohh I like her too," a husky voice points out as Shuhua was looking at a gif of Miyeon during a live stage of HWAA.

 

"Right? She's so pretty," Shuhua replies but then something clicks and she realises that she was supposed to be working. "Sorry! What would you li-" looking up, she came face to face with the most beautiful pair of eyes, ones that she greatly missed.

 

"Miyeon unnie?!" she slammed her phone face down onto the counter. "Wh-what are you doing here?" Shuhua giggled nervously.

 

Aw

 

The singer reached out and poked Shuhua's cheeks. "To see you of course!"

 

Miyeon told her that she had a couple of hours to spare today so she figured she could spend some time with Shuhua. The Taiwanese also learned that Yuqi told the singer about her schedule and her "best friend" didn't even bother to warn her. Damn you Song Yuqi.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter