Things You Want to Do (하고 싶은)

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After making up with Miyeon during that tearful night, the girls shoveled themselves full of ice cream and Miyeon walked Shuhua back to her apartment despite the latter's insistence that it wasn't necessary. Shuhua made sure to get Miyeon to text her when she was back at the dorms so that the Taiwanese would know if the singer was safe and sound.

Shuhua quietly entered her apartment and did whatever she needed to do before she flopped onto her bed. Groaning softly to herself as she pressed her face into the soft pillows, feeling the exhaustion slowly seep in. The whole day, no scratch that, the whole duration of avoiding Miyeon really took a toll on her mentally. With her arms folded behind her head, she looked up at her ceiling, thinking of a certain singer. She expected Miyeon to hate her for everything she did. After all, she'd definitely be pissed if she were in Miyeon's shoe but the singer was so patient and even sought after her despite her busy schedule. Shuhua felt like a fool for letting Haein's words get to her it was definitely a build-up of various insecurities regarding her relationship with Miyeon. Haein was just the straw that broke the camel's back. On the bright side, she did feel more reassured after having a heart-to-heart talk with the singer who always seemed to be on her mind.

Kakao!

From: Clumsy Unnie

I've reached my dorm! So, you can sleep well now :>

Don't ever avoid me again or I'll hunt you down >:(

Sleep well Shushu~~

The Taiwanese lit up as she scanned the text, her fingers danced across the keyboard while she wrote a reply to the singer in excitement.

To: Clumsy Unnie

That's good. Thank you for being with me, I'll never do something dumb like that again T.T

Sleep well unnie, I missed you so much.

Smiling softly, the Taiwanese locked her phone and placed it beside her pillow. She shut her eyes, feeling herself drift off into slumber - one that wasn't plagued with anxiety and irritation but with a comfortable warmth that she hasn't felt since the incident.

 


IDLE's promotions were going well. Soyeon's songwriting prowess coupled with the girls' charms helped them snag various music show awards and they had many extra schedules. This meant that there were more content for their fans (cough Shuhua) to watch and she was glad to be able to keep up with what her unnies were doing.

Miyeon had been whining for Shuhua to hang out with her and the members at the company again but she didn't know that the Taiwanese had been avoiding the company because it still felt weird to be there. Especially when there were trainees who seemed to hate her guts there and she really didn't feel like dealing with people again. But Miyeon has a gift of being extremely convincing (Shuhua thinks that it has something to do with her eyes but she's not gonna say that out loud) which was why Shuhua has ended up at the doorstep of CUBE once again.

"Unnie...maybe I should just wait for y'all nearby or something" Shuhua pointed to nowhere in particular with an awkward laugh.

"Nonsense! Why are you like this? You used to come here all the time. And anyway, it's pretty much your room now y'know? Yookyung unnie put up signs for you." the singer gestured a small square with her fingers. "Signs?" Shuhua asked in confusion. Miyeon nodded thoughtfully, "Yea. It's like a 'Reserved for Yeh Shuhua' sign that's stuck on the door."

"Wh-what? Why?!" the Taiwanese sputtered, trying to process this piece of information. Hell, she didn't even work or train here. It's basically free rent for her, it didn't make sense! The singer simply shrugged and pulled the younger by the wrist, "I dunno. You're ours now I guess. Now let's go! It's so hot that my makeup is gonna melt off any moment if you keep dilly-dallying here."

"Unnie, it's winter and you're shivering."

"Shut up."

When they entered the building, Miyeon annoyingly insisted that they take the stairs to "relieve old memories" which Shuhua thought was completely ridiculous since it wasn't really that long ago since she was last there but she decided to humour the singer. All was well except for the fact that they were both really unfit and were trying to hang onto each other for support. "Let me go!" Miyeon complained while trying to shake off the iron grip Shuhua had on her shoulder. Their playful bickering was cut short when they heard footsteps coming down. Shuhua's eyes widened in surprise when they came face to face with a group of trainees, and in particularly, Lee Haein. The trainee in question didn't seem too stoked to see her too, judging from the way her eyes narrowed and lips turned down slightly at the sight of the Taiwanese.

"Good afternoon Sunbaenim" the trainees greeted as they passed by the duo. Haein's glare towards Shuhua didn't go unnoticed by the girl herself. It was at the damn staircase again, Shuhua thinks that she should really just stick to the lifts from now on. The Taiwanese kept her gaze pointed towards the ground. She felt her anxiety starting to build up again and all she wanted to do right now was get out.

The trainees left after their chorus of greetings which Shuhua was grateful for. Miyeon was about to move again when she turned back and took notice of Shuhua acting strangely. "Hey, what's wrong?" the singer placed her hand on Shuhua's shoulder, bending down to look at the younger's face. The younger shook her head softly and trudged forward towards the Shuhua Cube. Miyeon decided to put this off for the moment but she knew there was something up with Shuhua which she would ask about again later.

The duo arrived outside the room and indeed, there was a sign that's written with marker on a piece of paper that says "Reserved for Shuhua".

"Are you sure you didn't write this yourself?" the Taiwanese narrowed her eyes at Miyeon playfully. The latter raised her hands up in defense, "Hey, it really wasn't me. Maybe you should just move in here." she joked.

"Yea, probably not a good idea to hang around here too often." Shuhua muttered to herself as she pushed open the door to the room, but it did not go unheard by the singer.

Upon entering, Shuhua took a seat as Miyeon closed the door behind them. They chatted a bit but Miyeon could see that Shuhua was bothered by something. The younger was spacing out and would reply half-heartedly, seemingly more interested in staring at the wall behind her. Miyeon was determined to find out what's wrong.

"Shuhua, I know something is bothering you." Miyeon placed her hand on the Taiwanese's knees, rubbing small circles with her thumb. "You can tell me y'know? I'm listening." the singer reassures. Shuhua gulped, contemplating if she should tell Miyeon what's the problem. Which also meant she had to snitch on Haein, but does "Snitches get stitches" apply when the trainee was the one being a to her. She didn't really want to make a big deal out of the situation which was the reason she didn't tell Miyeon about it previously. But Miyeon was looking at her so earnestly and asking so sincerely, her beautiful brown eyes emanating warmth and comfort.

"Well...there was an uhm...incident on that day we were supposed to have dinner together and I cancelled on you." the Taiwanese started hesitantly, looking at Miyeon's hand that was still tracing her knee. The singer hummed, encouraging Shuhua to keep going and that she was listening. Feeling slightly more confident, Shuhua launched into an explanation of what happened that day between her and Haein and how it lead to her self-doubt increasing tenfold.

Miyeon frowned, she was pretty damn upset at Haein's action. This was not the attitude a trainee who was probably going to debut should have. She was going to have a talk with Haein. She thinks that she should bring Soojin along incase she'd end up throwing hands at anyone who hurt the younger girl who she has come to not so secretly adore.

"I see...I'm sorry Shuhua. Haein crossed the line and you didn't deserve any of that." Miyeon reached out and placed her hand on Shuhua's cheeks. "I'll make sure she never does anything like that ever again." Shuhua leaned into Miyeon's palm, "Sorry unnie, please don't be too harsh on Haein-ssi. I don't think she's a bad person."

Miyeon was surprised at that statement. Even when Shuhua got hurt, the girl was still kind and understanding. She really did deserve the nickname of "Angel". The singer scolded her lightly, saying that she shouldn't apologise.

"Well okay. Anyway, I'll go get my stuff and we can grab dinner with the members. I'll meet you downstairs in 15?" the singer stood up and stretched. "Oh, there's something on the bulletin board for you by the way. See ya later." Miyeon pointed as she left the room.

Turning sideways, Shuhua finally noticed that there was a note stuck onto the bulletin board. She rolled her chair towards it and pulled the note out.

The note reads "Things you want to do", neatly written in M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter